Bob Cole to retire after calling 10 games in 2019 (update-16 games, last Habs-Leafs April 6th)

member 262271

Bob and Harry were the voices I always heard when I first started watching hockey on a regular basis, you never quite get over that. Can't wait to hear your calls again Bob, and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I hope Rogers can find a way to give him a Leafs/Habs Saturday Nighter for his send off. It would be a fitting end to an illustrious career.

Edit: Just checked, the last Leafs game of the year is vs the Habs on a Saturday night. If Rogers manages to botch this they are truly clueless. I also fully expect them to botch this.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I didn't like how biased he was against the Senators (well maybe not biased against but boy oh boy did he not give a **** about learning any of our players' names) but I can't not respect his body of work.

End of an era. Godspeed Mr. Cole.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hard to say end of an era since he's been more or less out of the spotlight for a few years now. But like most others he was THE voice of hockey for me.

I mean, sure, he got the call wrong on Dallas's Cup-winning goal in 1999......sending me into hysterics at first because he had said Modano scored the Cup winner, before catching himself and saying Hull. :laugh:

But he's still an absolute legend and if he isn't already in the HHOF, he's a lock.

EDIT: Nvm, he was inducted in 1996.

Reactions: jetsforever

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Best of all time, he'll be missed.....he and Harry Neale are to of the nicest people I've ever met at the rink.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad