Confirmed with Link: Bob Boughner has been fired as Head Coach, Paul McFarland as well

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Wow this is actually huge news and I'm surprisingly impressed by upper management and Tallon.

I know firing Boughner wasn't easy after him not being around for long, basically admitting a big mistake, but I don't think he was getting through to the players with whatever system he was putting out there defensively and last night's game was a glaring example of that with multiple breakdowns leading to goals.

Very interested to see what this team's direction is in the coming months. Whoever the new head coach is should give us a good idea of where they think this team is at. I'd be amazed if they didn't throw a ton of money at Coach Q. I think the "experimental" coaching phase is over.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
There are at least 7 openings now. I’d say Stl and Philly are better jobs than Florida.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Gotta think you guys are going for Coach Q given the Chicago connection with Tallon.

Thoughts on McFarland? He had the 2nd best PP. Would love him in AZ where our PP sucked. Plus we've had some success with scooping up fired Florida coaches (Scott Allen had the No. 1 PK this year).

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
There are at least 7 openings now. I’d say Stl and Philly are better jobs than Florida.

STL is in the playoffs after a huge turnaround so I’m not sure it’s still open beyond “officially.”

Agree above that they got this done Sunday to work quickly on a replacement

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
STL is in the playoffs after a huge turnaround so I’m not sure it’s still open beyond “officially.”

Agree above that they got this done Sunday to work quickly on a replacement
According to dreger and Mack it’s an opening. But generally agree with what you’re saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad