Confirmed with Link: Bob Boughner has been fired as Head Coach, Paul McFarland as well

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
On ice changes

2017-18 Save percentage .914 GA 2.96
2018-19 Save Percentage .891 GA 3.33

Goalies weren’t the only problem but they were by far the biggest problem. For god sakes they had a period where they gave up 3 shots and 2 of them went in.
Sure. Against Tampa. One was a stamkos deflection from 5 ft. The other was another point blank near empty net.

Goalie’s fault! Lol.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
On ice changes

2017-18 Save percentage .914 GA 2.96
2018-19 Save Percentage .891 GA 3.33

Goalies weren’t the only problem but they were by far the biggest problem. For god sakes they had a period where they gave up 3 shots and 2 of them went in.
I'm not defending the bad goaltending (some wins in the shootout would have also gone a long way in helping), but like you said, it wasn't the only problem. Even strength play by everyone killed us too.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don’t leave out all the facts. A 30 goal
Man for one year. He isn’t making 750 anymore. And the actual salary they paid out afterwards was less. So yes salary cut. It was marchy or Tippett to get rid of smith. One year of marchy isn’t worth losing Tippett so again you lose.
Based upon what report? Thats speculation, at best.

I showed the math, but you rely on inside sources. Not buying it.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Embarrassed by ownership lmao. I hope my boss embarrassed me and pays me the same to do less work and less responsibility. The only ones that got embarrassed were owners themselves
So Dale didnt care at all? Didnt tell them it was the wrong move? Stayed with the organization?

Seems like you continue to confirm my theory where Dale has been as strong of a voice as ever, the entire time.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So Dale didnt care at all? Didnt tell them it was the wrong move? Stayed with the organization?

Seems like you continue to confirm my theory where Dale has been as strong of a voice as ever, the entire time.
Dale is classy and professional and very loyal. Instead of quoting when it got tough he rode it out. If you think dale wanted gallant gone you need to get your head examined

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Based upon what report? Thats speculation, at best.

I showed the math, but you rely on inside sources. Not buying it.
Your going off salary cap which is irrelvant. The math has been done and the actual money paid out was less.not to mention the countless reports by viable inside sources saying they were shedding salary. Again don’t need to have secret sources for this info. Just use common sense

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I find it absolutely impossible to believe there wouldn't be AT LEAST one or multiple teams in the league besides Vegas who would want Smith. This is Tallon trying to bury a player(s) in the West on an expansion team, that wouldn't immediately come back to bite us. You don't think McPhee wouldn't have selected Reilly from our list of players??? Come on now. He took Tallon to the cleaners. You let Vegas make a selection and then make the necessary trades to shed any unwanted salary with all 30 teams in the league AFTER.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I find it absolutely impossible to believe there wouldn't be AT LEAST one or multiple teams in the league besides Vegas who would want Smith. This is Tallon trying to bury a player(s) in the West on an expansion team, that wouldn't immediately come back to bite us. You don't think McPhee wouldn't have selected Reilly from our list of players??? Come on now. He took Tallon to the cleaners. You let Vegas make a selection and then make the necessary trades to shed any unwanted salary with all 30 teams in the league AFTER.

All I know is there isn't a single player in our top six that I would trade for Smith or Marchessault. If they were still on the team they would both be on our third lines.

They aren't taking spots from:

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Hoffman
Dadonov

I guess there is one spot open in the top six they can take. Point is they would'nt make a difference

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
All I know is there isn't a single player in our top six that I would trade for Smith or Marchessault. If they were still on the team they would both be on our third lines.

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Hoffman
Dadonov

I guess there is one spot open in the top six they can take. Point is they would'nt make a difference
I think March would make a difference as a top-6 in that lineup. Smith, no.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
No doubt. I’m not saying it was a good or justified move. But the reason Smith was moved was his raw salary and our franchise’s desire to shed total salary.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was thinking about this the other night. It sucks that McFarland was fired, since he had the number two Power Play.

But something we did this year that was really bad was allow a lot of shg. We have the players to have a good power play, but we need a good system in place so these goals don't happen. They're true Backbreaker and cost us a lot of points I think this year.

Reactions: pantherbot

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I was thinking about this the other night. It sucks that McFarland was fired, since he had the number two Power Play.

But something we did this year that was really bad was allow a lot of shg. We have the players to have a good power play, but we need a good system in place so these goals don't happen. They're true Backbreaker and cost us a lot of points I think this year.

And McFarland was here two seasons ago, when we had the 21st ranked PP. So what changed? Was the PP improvement due to McFarland? Or was it due to the acquisition of Hoffman, and his 17 PP goals?

Also, two seasons ago, the only person that had double digit PP goals was Trocheck, while this season, we had three (Hoff, Barky, Huby). The improved PP can also be because of the improved goal scoring of our young forwards.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And McFarland was here two seasons ago, when we had the 21st ranked PP. So what changed? Was the PP improvement due to McFarland? Or was it due to the acquisition of Hoffman, and his 17 PP goals?

Also, two seasons ago, the only person that had double digit PP goals was Trocheck, while this season, we had three (Hoff, Barky, Huby). The improved PP can also be because of the improved goal scoring of our young forwards.

We were bad this year too until Trocheck got hurt and Hoffman took his place.

So, by evidence, it's Hoffman that improved it.

Reactions: klabob and PSLguy

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Hoffman
Dadonov

Smith would have been Trocheck’s winger. That is the only thing I miss about him; his ability to produce with Tro.

I think March would make a difference as a top-6 in that lineup. Smith, no.

March would have made our forward group even softer. I have no issues with him not being a Panther anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad