Proposal: Boat Anchor Trade (MTL/LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I just think that there has been no other player on this team right now that bleeds kings colors more then Brown He has seen the really bad king teams in the beginning and Captained our 2 cup winning teams. He is known to be a leader in off season as well As any new player the kings are courting as ufa or trade for meet Brown first to get the players side of living in la . He represents the Kings in so many off ice things. There is more to his game then points to me. I like his physical side and ability to draw penalties If any King player deserves some loyalty its Brown. He also was /is huge part of our pk and has been for years. I would rather see him retire as a king or at the very worse traded and get back someone worth while ( picks prospects ) not a cap dump like shaw.

agreed. He was also one of the first advocates for hockey is for everyone. I forget when it was but it was before the King's first cup and TSN did a thing on him and his work with gay rights. For TSN to do a piece on someone not from Ontario and not on a Toronto team is remarkable!

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He has a high cap hit.
He isn't as good as he once was.
He has recent injuries.
There is a good chance he comes back and is still a good 1st line option.
If he retires early (which he more than likely will) the recapture penalties are not on Montreal, they are on Nashville.

Is this enlightened enough for you? Or can you enlighten me further?

I think that I enlightened you based on your reaction. If you were enlightened back when the Subban trade occured, then you wouldn't have such an emotional response today (the day of your enlightenment).

If you think your opinion is shared by most Habs fans then let me enlighten you again:

Hopefully Weber can comeback close to what he was. One of my favorite players to watch as long as he is not on the ice against LA. He is one of those players that scares the **** out of me.

^This!

Half of the fans liked the trade and like Weber!

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
To MTL:
Brown
Phaneuf
Quick
4th round pick in 2020

To LAK:
Price (MTL retains 25%)
Weber
Shaw
6th round pick in 2020

Welcome to the Boat Anchor Ball!

This is a change of scenery / shake it up trade. I think both teams do benefit in many ways.

:partytime::partytime:
Didn’t brown get around 60 pts this year? I don’t think Kings do this. Rather have quick than price too.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I think that I enlightened you based on your reaction. If you were enlightened back when the Subban trade occured, then you wouldn't have such an emotional response today (the day of your enlightenment).

If you think your opinion is shared by most Habs fans then let me enlighten you again:

^This!

Half of the fans liked the trade and like Weber!
There is no reason Habs fans can't like Weber, while also disliking the trade.

I have never liked the trade, but that doesn't mean Weber isn't a good player, I would have rather kept Subban as he was younger and better. Which is not an uncommon opinion.

And a LA fan saying Weber scared the shit out of him on Nashville is proof of what?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The West in general needs a shake up. VGK went through every team like balsa wood. Then they faced the East and it wasn't even a competition for WSH.

Vegas swept LA but they hardly blew threw them. It took a hurculian effort by Fluery as the Knights set a record for fewest goals scored in a series win. Every game could have gone either way.

The last 3 cups have been in the East true, but that is cyclical. Wasn't long the West was best.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There is no reason Habs fans can't like Weber, while also disliking the trade.

I have never liked the trade, but that doesn't mean Weber isn't a good player, I would have rather kept Subban as he was younger and better. Which is not an uncommon opinion.

And a LA fan saying Weber scared the **** out of him on Nashville is proof of what?

I guess it doesn't prove anything. So with that being said you should be all in favour of this trade proposal.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't consider any of the LA contracts as "boat anchors". One of those players is paid just fine if not a tiny bit under paid (Quick) while the other two are slightly overpaid. The amount total overpaid in a year doesn't match even one crazy year of Price's contract let alone the other two boat anchors.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Helll no.

All things considered:

Quick>Price (5.8M VS 10.5M a year.)
Brown>>>>>Shaw (5.8M vs 3.9M for the next 4 years for a much lesser player.)
Phaneuf>>Weber (3 years of 5.2M of Phaneuf VS 7 years of 7.8M of a injury prone Weber.)

Reactions: Seventyx7

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Really? You would rather have that price and Weber contract hanging over you? I think mtrl does this easily

Price is a 31 year old recent Hart winner playing a position and style that traditionally ages well.

Weber was injured last season but was 6th in Norris voting the year before. If you're concerned about the term on his deal maybe you should google "Marion Hossa".

That doesn't even take into account the proposed retention in the deal that means MTL would actually be ADDING cap to downgrade from their best players.

member 88115

Terrible trade for LA. The Weber and Price contracts are way too long. + LA has no cap space and we are not adding 3 mil for this crappy trade

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Price is a 31 year old recent Hart winner playing a position and style that traditionally ages well.

Weber was injured last season but was 6th in Norris voting the year before. If you're concerned about the term on his deal maybe you should google "Marion Hossa".

That doesn't even take into account the proposed retention in the deal that means MTL would actually be ADDING cap to downgrade from their best players.
Price is made of glass with a terrible term. Quick is much more valuable right now. Weber has 7 yrs doesn’t he? He’s already declining plus injured. These two will weigh down mtrl for yrs so why would kings take them for a 60pt scorer and a good goalie?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Helll no.

All things considered:

Quick>Price (5.8M VS 10.5M a year.)
Brown>>>>>Shaw (5.8M vs 3.9M for the next 4 years for a much lesser player.)
Phaneuf>>Weber (3 years of 5.2M of Phaneuf VS 7 years of 7.8M of a injury prone Weber.)

Quick>Price (5.8 vs 8.4 a year as retention states in OP)
Brown >>> Shaw
Weber > Phaneuf

Sorry I hate Weber's contract but if he can come back and be a shadow of his former self than he is more than worth $7.8M whereas Dion is overpaid slightly at $5.25M.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Price is made of glass with a terrible term. Quick is much more valuable right now. Weber has 7 yrs doesn’t he? He’s already declining plus injured. These two will weigh down mtrl for yrs so why would kings take them for a 60pt scorer and a good goalie?
To be fair I think alot of people were saying how Quick was made of glass and how bad his contract was after his groin injury. Injuries happen and players can bounce back. For me when both are 100% healthy I would rather have Quick at $4m less a year, plus less term means less risk.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
If MTL has to retain 25% of Price's contract to trade him, man i'll laugh.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
giphy.gif

Reactions: YP44

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
It does beg the question (this is why I made this powerful thread):

Will Quick's style run its' course in due time?

Will Price's style be better suited for the long-term in Los Angeles?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It does beg the question (this is why I made this powerful thread):

Will Quick's style run its' course in due time?

Will Price's style be better suited for the long-term in Los Angeles?

Price's style is suited anywhere. The question with him is health.

Quick is one of the most agile players in the league. This will always be asked about him until he retires.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad