Bo "the hero Vancouver deserves" Horvat - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Its games played by the player.

See Draisaitl with Edmonton. When he was sent back to juniors the Oils were already at game 40 or so but he had played less than 39 and RFA eligibility remained the same.

Thx.
So mid February with about 25-30 games left provided he plays the majority of the games between then and now.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Thx.
So mid February with about 25-30 games left provided he plays the majority of the games between then and now.

I am sorry but I have to correct myself - this is what happens when trusting what you read from the "experts" instead of looking it up yourself.

Had a look at the CBA and here is what it says:

"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games, provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreement, games missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.

"Active Roster" shall be determined as follows: Commencing on the day prior to the start of the Regular Season, and concluding with each respective Club's last NHL Game in a League Year, Active Roster shall include all Players on a Club's Reserve List who are signed to an approved and registered SPC, subject to the provisions of Article 11, and who are not on the Injured Reserve List, Injured Non-Roster, designated Non-Roster, or Loaned. A Player who is on a Conditioning Loan is included on a Club's Active Roster. During Training Camp, a Player shall be deemed to be on the Club's Active Roster only if he had been on the Club's Active Roster

So to make it short, its the team games played that count, even the ones during which Bo was assigned to Utica for the conditioning stint.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I am sorry but I have to correct myself - this is what happens when trusting what you read from the "experts" instead of looking it up yourself.

Had a look at the CBA and here is what it says:

So to make it short, its the team games played that count, even the ones during which Bo was assigned to Utica for the conditioning stint.

No worries. Thanks for the clarification. I also found two conflicting answers from "experts".

Gollner*

Beauty goal by Bo in yesterday's game. good to see him put one in. he deserves it with how well defensively he's been playing.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
He should start pilling on the points. 30 games in and it looks like he has pro conditioning now. A lot of early games he was wheezing fumes as he came back to the bench.

I know its early but this guy is linden all canadian captian material, scored a goal last night no one on ourlteam is capable of on the rebound have never seen such good skating from any of our forwards.

And he hits and crushes people effortlessly

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
He's still only playing 10-11 minutes a night. I hope to start seeing him get some regular pk minutes now and getting those minutes boosted to around the 13 min mark.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Was particularly amused by the "Bo-drag" he pulled on the sprawling D to get the initial shot off. Recall some posters claiming toe drags don't work at the NHL level and having to explain that they do, just in different situations than junior. Nice to see Bo developing the confidence to go to a move like that and then be rewarded for it. Kids developing nicely.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I really like how he didn't quit on the puck to score that goal last night. Dog determination.

It will be good the see him eased into a PK role. No complaints 30 games into his career.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Horvat has either gained considerable speed since camp or he's feeling comfortable enough to risk putting himself out of position in order to use his speed a bit more.

I think he's faster. He's actually a threat to chase down a loose puck right now.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Can't believe he's only 19 years old..

I think then when he's 24 or 25 years old, he's going to be an absolute monster on the ice. Getting 20 mins a night...crushing guys with hits, scoring 60 points, elevating his game in the playoffs, winning 60% in the dot

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
The kid looks faster as the season rolls along. I can't wait to see what kind of a player he is in 3-5 years. I'm hoping he molds into a bigger stronger Patrice Bergeron.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Loved his determination on that goal, that was almost better than if he sniped it straight in for some reason, fought to get it to dribble in, beautiful. Can't wait til he starts hitting his stride offensively, rarely gets caught out of position defensively that i can tell, and dogged on the puck most nights, strong on the boards already.

Had a chance to pot another one last night, that would've been nice. Gwg as it was anyways. Agree he seems faster to me too. I like him on a line with Dorsett, which is another good thing about Dorset, loved that skate tip pass by him last night, not sure if that was intentional or what but it worked out great.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Loved his determination on that goal, that was almost better than if he sniped it straight in for some reason, fought to get it to dribble in, beautiful. Can't wait til he starts hitting his stride offensively, rarely gets caught out of position defensively that i can tell, and dogged on the puck most nights, strong on the boards already.

Had a chance to pot another one last night, that would've been nice. Gwg as it was anyways. Agree he seems faster to me too. I like him on a line with Dorsett, which is another good thing about Dorset, loved that skate tip pass by him last night, not sure if that was intentional or what but it worked out great.

That was Hansen with the skate pass

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Bo had some serious jump tonight. Great game. I remember when he was drafted and his skating issues were brought up and Gillis said something like their sports science guys were confident he has good technique and would improve as he got older. Anyone remember that?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Bo had some serious jump tonight. Great game. I remember when he was drafted and his skating issues were brought up and Gillis said something like their sports science guys were confident he has good technique and would improve as he got older. Anyone remember that?

I actually miss Mike Gillis, He was huge into metrics and analyzing every aspect when it comes to players. I felt like 2013 draft was just about Gillis hitting his stride in regards to drafting.

Jun 15, 2014
Thought I'd post this in the proper thread.

Horvat did seem a little overwhelmed during his first couple games. Sure he had great FO numbers and did some nice things defensively, but he was tentative, he was a bit scared and slow (as expected from a rookie). He was also gliding a bit more on the ice in the D zone.

... Progressively he has improved, he's stronger on the boards, especially in his own zone, he plays the chip and chase really well and (like we saw tonight) he's beginning to acclimatize to the speed of the game in the NHL. He was surging tonight and had 2 (maybe more?) great chances to score, all while being sound defensively.

I want to point out one particular play agains the Kings, where Kopitar had the puck behind our net.. Bo pins him hard on the boards and edges him off the puck, he then gets good body position on him and proceeds to make a smart pass to a Dman (forget who) who then makes a good pass and gets us going the other way. Love this kid.

He just seems like he belongs, already at age 19 no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad