Value of: Bo Horvat

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
canucks cant afford to move him outside of a massive overpayment

blue chip prospect + 1st and a replacement center? something like that? not remotely fair value but it's the only thing the Canucks could stomach moving him for

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
in my opinion one of the best contracts in the NHL

ON A 45 goal pace this season.

Who would be the best comparable past or present?
Even as a Canucks fan let’s slow it down.

He’s had a very strong start to the season. He’s been improving his offensive numbers each year from 25, 40, to 52. Limited to 64 games last season due to a foot injury. His 44 point would have prorated to around 57/58 points.

If Pettersson can play the 1C role, that allows Bo to slide down to the 2C role which is where he best fits. But the Canucks need to upgrade their wingers after Boeser. Bo will need some help.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
How about to Philly for Nolan Patrick? Philly can throw in Lehtera to offset salaries

Philly get a solid #2 C, while Vancouver continues their rebuild by gambling on Patrick's upside to become a #1 C

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bo has been what the Canucks needed for a long time why do you think they gave up Schnider for him with no goalie to replace him knowing he wasnt even in his prime yet? They knew they were getting their Ryan Kesler replacenent qnd future captain. Kid hasnt even hit his stride yet and now he finally looks like he is going to slot into the 2C for good which is his bread and butter is Petterson can prove his worth there. And Boesser that bastard with a shot more beautiful then a G D puck bunny. When I lived in Vancouver on and off during their run and soon after collapse and they were my #2 team until the year they drafted Horvat basically this was the team I dreamed of. Why trade any of them now?

Van fans is Demko in the bigs yet I have incredibly high expectations from him I wanted him in Columbus his draft year. Love your guys past few drafts. Your no longer my #2 team because me and that ex have bad blood so I have to actively root against them but the players I mentioned I just cant haha

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
How about to Philly for Nolan Patrick? Philly can throw in Lehtera to offset salaries

Philly get a solid #2 C, while Vancouver continues their rebuild by gambling on Patrick's upside to become a #1 C
That would be interesting. He would slot in as the 2C and it would be a family line of

Lindblom - Horvat - Konecny

Since Horvat and Konecny are cousins.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
A bit early to be throwing around The “on pace for 45 goals”. It’s 8 games. By the same token would you say that Boeser is on a 20 goal pace? Horvat is a great player. But do t try to paint him
As something he’s not. And a 45 goal guy isn’t what he is

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Only way the Canucks should even entertain the idea of moving Horvat is in the off-season if they end up winning the lottery and drafting Jack Hughes and some team offers a potential #1 d-man for Bo. Even then, it would have to be a great, young defenseman.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
A bit early to be throwing around The “on pace for 45 goals”. It’s 8 games. By the same token would you say that Boeser is on a 20 goal pace? Horvat is a great player. But do t try to paint him
As something he’s not. And a 45 goal guy isn’t what he is

And Matthews is on pace for 91 goals.

The 'on pace' discussion this early in the year is fun brain candy, but also frivolous

Reactions: Qwijibo

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yep, there's pretty much no reason for the Canucks to trade Horvat short of in a package for Jack Hughes/young-ish elite center or a defenseman with reasonably likely elite upside.

Considering neither of those possibilities are remotely realistic, safe to say we will keep Horvat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad