Value of: Bo Horvat

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canucks don't move him unless it's a massive overpayment. The guy is well loved in Vancouver and will undoubtedly wear the C for years to come.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Why would I need to back up my claim that I personally wouldn't trade Horvat for Draisaitl?

Didnt know I had to get into a great debate with every poster who disagreed with me. If you would do that trade good for you. I wouldn't.

You're username is embarrassing though. Benning has built the strongest prospect pool this franchise has seen in 50 years.

And it should be better.

It’s difficult not to have a vastly improved prospect pool when your GM has built one of the most pathetic NHL rosters over the last handful of seasons.

Imagine if he hadn’t botched the Virtanen and Juolevi picks and traded numerous picks away for waiver scraps and mediocre F/Ds.

Benning is a bad GM who managed to hire a fantastic scout in Judd Brackett.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
And it should be better.

It’s difficult not to have a vastly improved prospect pool when your GM has built one of the most pathetic NHL rosters over the last handful of seasons.

Imagine if he hadn’t botched the Virtanen and Juolevi picks and traded numerous picks away for waiver scraps and mediocre F/Ds.

Benning is a bad GM who managed to hire a fantastic scout in Judd Brackett.

What is the indication that he botched the Olli pick?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

That Tkachuk got his 100th NHL point the same day as Juolevi got his 1st AHL point.

That Keller was a Calder nominee in a very, very tough year along with Boeser and Barzal.

That Charlie McAvoy is an NHL mainstay on a top tier team.

That Sergachev got Drouin in a trade, and is now an NHL player on one of the best teams in the league.

member 157595

I would think he's exactly the kind of guy you want to compliment EP?

There's no reason for a rebuilding team like Vancouver to trade a young, proven Top 6 center with upside.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
That Tkachuk got his 100th NHL point the same day as Juolevi got his 1st AHL point.

That Keller was a Calder nominee in a very, very tough year along with Boeser and Barzal.

That Charlie McAvoy is an NHL mainstay on a top tier team.

That Sergachev got Drouin in a trade, and is now an NHL player on one of the best teams in the league.

And Juolevi just turned 20 years old... His development has been slightly slower but this narrative that he’s been terrible after being drafted is ridiculous. His plus one year was a bit bumpy but he was very good in Finland last year. They’ve just been very patient as they should be. McAvoy stepped into a good team with several good blueliners. As did Sergachev. There was no need to push Juolevi. Not one bit.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
And Juolevi just turned 20 years old... His development has been slightly slower but this narrative that he’s been terrible after being drafted is ridiculous. His plus one year was a bit bumpy but he was very good in Finland last year. They’ve just been very patient as they should be. McAvoy stepped into a good team with several good blueliners. As did Sergachev. There was no need to push Juolevi. Not one bit.

Oh no, he wasn't only terrible after being drafted, he was a bad pick at the time too. I had him personally rated far lower than 5. Benning drafted by need at not by BPA, that is a massive problem. Canucks needed a D but passed on 2 sure-fire top 6 wingers.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Oh no, he wasn't only terrible after being drafted, he was a bad pick at the time too. I had him personally rated far lower than 5. Benning drafted by need at not by BPA, that is a massive problem. Canucks needed a D but passed on 2 sure-fire top 6 wingers.
What two sure fire wingers did he pass on? Tkachuk is the only one. Keller was a huge question mark and a lot of teams passed on him.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Horvat is a decent player but let's face it......he's a poor man's Nazem Kadri. Not worth anything close to the ridiculous things I'm reading in this thread. LOL.

A top-6 player and a late 1st should do it.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Horvat is a decent player but let's face it......he's a poor man's Nazem Kadri. Not worth anything close to the ridiculous things I'm reading in this thread. LOL.

This is the worst take of them all. Do you even watch hockey?

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

Agreed. He's taking longer to develop than others in his draft class, but that has allowed the Canucks to draft Elias Pettersson, and Quinn Hughes: a likely 1C, and top-pairing D-man.

Would rather Olli Juolevi be a bust (which I don't believe he will be), and have Pettersson & Hughes part of the team, than drafting a Matt Tkachuk and two lesser prospects in 2017 & 2018. This coming from someone that was initially disappointed that the Canucks didn't draft Tkachuk in 2016.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

Horvat and Kadri produced at the EXACT same pace last year and Horvat is five years younger plus he played on a horrible offensive team. He didn't even get much time with Brock because they were hurt at different times. You could make a pretty damn good argument that Horvat is already better than Kadri, give me a break with a poor man's Kadri. Bo has nowhere to go but up with a good supporting cast coming in and only being 23. Besides, Horvat is a tough, gritty, clean player. Kadri is nearing a Marchand level of dirty hockey.

Feb 24, 2017
This is the worst take of them all. Do you even watch hockey?
His profile picture looks like a mockery of Roberto Luongo. Maybe that is an indicator of his feelings towards Vancouver and your Canucks’ fan base.

We have that with the other Cali teams.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Considering contract status there's not a chance I would move Horvat for Nylander,

Even a signed Nylander is worth less than Horvat. Horvat plays C and produces just as much.

Horvat has improved each year and his contract is much better over 6 years. With all the talk about Nylander people forget he's only ONE year younger than Horvat. And Horvats in his 5 th year in the league.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Even a signed Nylander is worth less than Horvat. Horvat plays C and produces just as much.

Horvat has improved each year and his contract is much better over 6 years. With all the talk about Nylander people forget he's only ONE year younger than Horvat. And Horvats in his 5 th year in the league.

Nylander also plays with a far better support system of players, and isn't as relied on as Horvat.

When it comes to pure value and overall prowess, Horvat is simply greater than Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad