Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I blame this on Willie.

And his maddeningly fanatic crusade to turn Horvat into a ****ing defensive forward.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So should probs not play tomorrow against the Pens

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I blame this on Willie.

And his maddeningly fanatic crusade to turn Horvat into a ****ing defensive forward.

Ha..ha..ha....yessirree!....when Willie needs a goal in Boston to tie, his leading scorer Bo is nowhere to be seen...but 'protecting' a two goal lead in the last minute against Sabres, he gets dinged by a shot and looks to miss some time.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Bo's deployment under this guy, nothing will.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
I blame this on Willie.

while i despise WD as a coach...

anyways, scottie bowman turned yzerman into one of the best two way players to ever play the game.

granted, wd aint nowhere close to the legendary bowman, he's pure trash compared to him obviously.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

anyways, scottie bowman turned yzerman into one of the best two way players to ever play the game.

granted, wd aint nowhere close to the legendary bowman, he's pure trash compared to him obviously.

Y...eah I'm not sure if I would agree that Horvat is Yzerman and, like you said, Willie is pure trash comparing to Bowman.

Actually, I think Willie doesn't even qualify to be called trash comparing to Bowman.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Ha..ha..ha....yessirree!....when Willie needs a goal in Boston to tie, his leading scorer Bo is nowhere to be seen...but 'protecting' a two goal lead in the last minute against Sabres, he gets dinged by a shot and looks to miss some time.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Bo's deployment under this guy, nothing will.

Not seeing how this will make Bo a worst player long term. The prairie teams are chock full of young hotshots putting up points but not playing the right way and with predictable results for their teams.

Presently, the tank crowd should be pleased. Willie is meeting them half way.:)

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013

Can we not. Please, can we not compare Willie to Bowman? I mean, I'm considering reporting your post it's so brutal. Don't do that. Please. If you delete it, I'll delete this quote and we can pretend this never happened.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've got lots of issues with Willie, but entrusting Horvat in the dying minutes of a game he perceives to be a must win to defend a lead isn't something I'm going to complain about. The injury is bad luck, but it's good to see he gets trust/ice time in some respects, if not all the ones we would like yet.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Deep bone bruises suck.

So everyone knows a bone bruise isn't like the black and blue marks thanks to broken vessels though you will undoubtedly have that as well. A bone bruise used in colloquial language can range from injury on the surface of the bone to an actual fracture of the inner lining of the bone....the medical profession considers it to be the latter. So if this is the medical diagnosis he would likely be out for a while. I took a shot off the foot two summers ago and was in a walking boot for ~4 weeks thanks to the "bruise" and had to take it easy for another 4-6 weeks.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Yes, sit him out. It's okay.
Sit him for a few. I hope he doesn't play through it for the "playoff push"
Sit him out. You don't want this to become something worse.
Hockey coaches don't understand the principle of squad rotation, so I'm sure they don't understand "preventive measures" either. If Horvat is not formally shelved, I'm sure Willie plays him. And because he's Willie, probably way more than he normally does, just 'cause.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Remember this us the team that turfed Richardson cause he didn't play through the pain enough, and has always rushed multiple players back from injury this season, exacerbating the problem.

So yeah, not a stretch at all that Horvat plays. We are in a playoff race after all.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not seeing how this will make Bo a worst player long term. The prairie teams are chock full of young hotshots putting up points but not playing the right way and with predictable results for their teams.

Presently, the tank crowd should be pleased. Willie is meeting them half way.:)

Agreed. Scoring goals is not playing the right way. We need them tough Gudbranson types who play the right way. Skating around the defensive zone, hitting players, blocking shots, letting other teams score without putting up offense ourselves. That's Canucks hockey!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I've got lots of issues with Willie, but entrusting Horvat in the dying minutes of a game he perceives to be a must win to defend a lead isn't something I'm going to complain about. The injury is bad luck, but it's good to see he gets trust/ice time in some respects, if not all the ones we would like yet.

I'm with you on this.

In the dying minutes your best players need to be on the ice. Though if Sutter were actually good at defending I would suggest he be out there, but either way I'm not going to dispute this. It's the same as having the Sedins out there in the dying minutes back in 2008-2013.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
gGRBtE0.png

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
On pace for 56 points now (if he played 82 games). Good thing he gets all those second unit PP minutes, don't want him scoring tooooo much.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
Can we not. Please, can we not compare Willie to Bowman? I mean, I'm considering reporting your post it's so brutal. Don't do that. Please. If you delete it, I'll delete this quote and we can pretend this never happened.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

haha my bad, thats why i said hes pure trash compared to him, i mean literally absolutely nothing compared to him whatsoever.

bowman was just legendary, thus he turned yzerman from a pure goal scorer into one of the best 2-way players to ever play in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad