Bo Horvat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
As much as I like having a better reason to hate Messier, and at the risk of being insensitive, since when do numbers get unofficially retired simply because a player has cancer? Never quite made much sense to me.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Why isn't Luc Bourdon's number taken out of circulation if Wayne Maki's number is? Both of them died while they were Canucks. Why isn't Maki's number officially retired in some capacity if it's not going to be used and why is there little mention from the team about it? There's no consistency here. It doesn't make any sense.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Why isn't Luc Bourdon's number taken out of circulation if Wayne Maki's number is? Both of them died while they were Canucks. Why isn't Maki's number officially retired in some capacity if it's not going to be used and why is there little mention from the team about it? There's no consistency here. It doesn't make any sense.

People also forget that Maki was involved in one of the most violent stick swinging incidents that left the other player with permanent head damage.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Pretty sure no Canuck has worn #28 since Bourdon died. Nor ever will.

Ventana*

Pretty sure no Canuck has worn #28 since Bourdon died. Nor ever will.

I also think the Canucks should have kept the "RR" and "LB" patches on their helmets or uniforms somewhere for longer than just a year. Maybe permanently. I can't see why it would hurt.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I also think the Canucks should have kept the "RR" and "LB" patches on their helmets or uniforms somewhere for longer than just a year. Maybe permanently. I can't see why it would hurt.

It would make some sense if Luc Bourdon made an impact on the organization and spent some time with the team. It sucks that he died, but there's no point in doing anything. Didn't really want to go down that road, but the circumstance of his death also doesn't really weigh on the pro side of Vancouver honouring the number/player.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Vrbata. Jensen also likes the 17.

Ah right. Forgot about Vrbata.

Call me a traditionalist, but I like 2 - 6 and 8 for Defense, 7 and 9 through 21 for forwards, 1 and 30 for goalies. Mid 20's are for 4th liners and 32+ for prospects and 99 for Gretzky's.

Oh yeah, and if you are going to wear 4, 7 or 9, you gotta be damn good.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
53 is such a meh number.

Shame on you. Everyone loves the underdog.

Herbie-the-Love-Bug.jpg

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Ah right. Forgot about Vrbata.

Call me a traditionalist, but I like 2 - 6 and 8 for Defense, 7 and 9 through 21 for forwards, 1 and 30 for goalies. Mid 20's are for 4th liners and 32+ for prospects and 99 for Gretzky's.

Oh yeah, and if you are going to wear 4, 7 or 9, you gotta be damn good.

27? for 4th liners?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Ya...saw people saying that 53 is a meh #... it's in honor of a London draftee who died shortly after being picked. Came here to post the story, but it's already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad