Bo Horvat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alflives*

Wayyyy too soft for the pacific division :sarcasm:

I like Higgins, but I think your example does not define a hard player. That is a blind side hit. A tough play is taking hits to make plays. Although Higgins is not soft. It's your example I have trouble with.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Yea, I agree that Higgins isn't soft, but he didnt even stay standing off that hit, and it wasn't entirely clean.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I really really have given up on Hansen and Higgins. They're too soft for the pacific and if Hansen is the reason Horvat is in London than iam pissed.

Clutterbuck is exactly Desjardins type of player and he's top 3 in hitting in the league every year. I know it's har to accept but we're better with Horvat on the 3rd and Clutterbuck on the 4th, than Higgins on the 3rd and Hansen on the 4th.

Clutterbuck is also a potential 20 goal scorer that regressed in NY.

Always liked his speed and physicality, he just needs a bottom 6 chance with a good system.

Minny basically let him go because of cap problems.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Burrows/Jensen Bonino Kassian
Burrows Horvat Vey/Jensen
Matthias Richardson Clutterbuck

Dude you have no idea how good of 3rd liners Hansen and Higgins are. They are literally elite as far as 3rd liners go in this league.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A hit from 3 seasons ago to show Higgins isn't soft.

He's just not physical but I wouldn't consider him a hard player to play against. Hansen's value has never been lower.

But those 2 on the 3rd line would complement Horvat well.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Did anybody see Horvats goal against the Czechs?

DSQcHmy.gif

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I like Higgins, but I think your example does not define a hard player. That is a blind side hit. A tough play is taking hits to make plays. Although Higgins is not soft. It's your example I have trouble with.

A hit from 3 seasons ago to show Higgins isn't soft.

He's just not physical but I wouldn't consider him a hard player to play against. Hansen's value has never been lower.

But those 2 on the 3rd line would complement Horvat well.

In all fairness, I just wanted to find a hit against a division rival for the sake of refuting the poster who said Higgins/Hansen are too soft for the pacific division.

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Beauty release on that Horvat shot. I sure hope he maxes out his potential and can become a bigtime player for the Canucks.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
One thing i'm really curious about with Horvat and excited to see in the preseason, is how his faceoff dominance translates.

He's an absolute monster on the draw in the OHL, but Hodgson was also noteworthy good there. Horvat also seems to own the dot vs players (peers) he's not familiar with though in international tournaments and the like, which is positive. And he obviously has the strength to compete vs Men. It's just hard to imagine a rookie coming in immediately being a faceoff Ace. I'm trying to think of examples of this and i can't come up with any. It's just so rare for a rookie center to excel on the draw.
Patrice Cormier

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The most optimistic I can be about Horvat's faceoff prowess is that it translates into him possibly being a 50% guy right off the bat rather than the 40% that rookies tend to hover around. I can't see him being a "faceoff ace" in his first year.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Any idea what jersey number Horvat would be on the Canucks if he makes the team this year??

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
It'll probably be 35 since 53 is a tribute to a friend of his that passed away who wore 35.

Or maybe he sticks with 11 from his WJC games.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It'll probably be 35 since 53 is a tribute to a friend of his that passed away who wore 35.

Or maybe he sticks with 11 from his WJC games.

No chance. Unofficially retired for Wayne Maki.

Messier was a big enough dick to wear it.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
No chance. Unofficially retired for Wayne Maki.

Messier was a big enough dick to wear it.

Such a load of crap that the number is unofficially retired. 11 is a good number, it's unfortunate no Canuck player can ever wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad