New York Islanders: Bo Horvat (25% retained) for Aatu Raty, Anthony Beauvillier, and 2023 1st (Top 12 protected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
1675630658037.png

Reactions: Rybo

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I do believe part of this trade was to shake up the guys in the room. They may have gotten a little too comfortable with each other over the years.
100% agree on this. Beau was a marketable player, but he’s regressed and his boyfriend hasn’t impressed. Nice move to upgrade the talent and shake things up a bit.

When your GM has gone all in, but hasn't fixed the biggest issue.
Unfortunately, he can’t unsign Barzal to that atrocious deal…

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The ONLY reason why Bailey has to be on the top line is because they have to balance the distribution of talent amongst the 4 lines.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
GREAT post.....I'm not a fan of Lambert but I also lay some of the blame on the players themselves. With all of this "veteran leadership", they can't get themselves and each other to play up to potential?

Hell they can't even run somebody into the boards when one of their teammates crumbles to the ice in a heap from an opponent's physical assault, whether it be clean or dirty.

Simply put and Goring has said this in the few broadcasts I've heard him ( get mostly out of town feeds) this team is soft. Pageau and Wahlstrom being the exception of guys who do stick up for their mates

I'm hoping Horvat changes this "culture" and along with a healthy Palms and hopefully soon enough Dobson they get going offensively.

I couldn’t agree more that we need to see a little more fire and physicality in the Islanders play. Although I am not a big fan of Clutter, his loss has hurt us most in the “compete“ level of the team.

As far as Dobson goes, I have high hopes for his offensive game but he’ll never be the guy that’s plastering his opponent against the boards. I hate to say it, but he’ll probably more often be on the other end of that.

Reactions: Mike C

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Horvat is great in the slot, and Barzal skates all over the place. So, the other winger should be a guy who doesn't get in Horvat's way in the slot and who is smart enough to stay out of Barzal's way. Bailey might actually work. :laugh:

Reactions: CupHolders

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Horvat is great in the slot, and Barzal skates all over the place. So, the other winger should be a guy who doesn't get in Horvat's way in the slot and who is smart enough to stay out of Barzal's way. Bailey might actually work. :laugh:
I mean, I could slug around with these guys. I'll keep it simple and head to the bar with a smile on my face. cha ching. I'll even play the body if it warrants it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad