New York Islanders: Bo Horvat (25% retained) for Aatu Raty, Anthony Beauvillier, and 2023 1st (Top 12 protected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Very happy. Finally got a big fish, needed a scorer and this pushes everyone into the right place. Horvat is 27, sign him long term. Also a terrific partner for Barzal. Guy is a great shooter, great in the slot. An actual first liner!

Sucks to lose Raty, but give to get.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m obsessed with Horvat. Wanted him bad for awhile as I thought he’d be perfect for us. But this team hasn’t shown me enough. If this is a rental then that’s horrible. Raty is the only legit center we have. This core has been stagnant. Hopefully this wakes the group up.

Beauvillier going to his boyfriend Barzals home town is interesting. He was a disappointment so dont mind losing him.

The first is top12 protected which is smart but also makes me feel there isn’t an extension in place.

This is where Lou’s age scares me. He can be feeling the pressure to do something now and it could cost us.

If we’re going to compete Horvat is good. His age is perfect for extension but we need to sure up defense.

This also tells me we’re not selling which I don’t know if that’s smart. Mayfield will be lost for nothing and if we don’t make the playoffs that’s going to be a disaster.

Hope Bo falls in love with LI and signs an extension. He’s a beast goal scorer and hopefully that doesn’t change.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I was gonna get very upset if the pick wasn't conditional, but this is a hockey trade.

Did NOT want to give up Raty, but if Horvat has an extension this is a fair deal that addresses a need.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m obsessed with Horvat. Wanted him bad for awhile as I thought he’d be perfect for us. But this team hasn’t shown me enough. If this is a rental then that’s horrible. Raty is the only legit center we have. This core has been stagnant. Hopefully this wakes the group up.

Beauvillier going to his boyfriend Barzals home town is interesting. He was a disappointment so dont mind losing him.

The first is top12 protected which is smart but also makes me feel there isn’t an extension in place.

This is where Lou’s age scares me. He can be feeling the pressure to do something now and it could cost us.

If we’re going to compete Horvat is good. His age is perfect for extension but we need to sure up defense.

This also tells me we’re not selling which I don’t know if that’s smart. Mayfield will be lost for nothing and if we don’t make the playoffs that’s going to be a disaster.

Hope Bo falls in love with LI and signs an extension. He’s a beast goal scorer and hopefully that doesn’t change.
Why would he do an extension unless he gets the Huberdeau $10.5 M for 8 years

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Scouting report for those interested:

Good size, has really improved his skating since being drafted which was the major knock on him. When he's on, he's a tough to handle "light" power forward.

Good defensively but not elite. Has the tendency at times to blow the zone/not come down low enough leading to chances against. Good coaching/structure could take this out of him, we've just never had it in Vancouver.

Some all around offensive skill, nothing that particularly stands out other than how good he's been in the slot area this year banging in shots and tipping point shots. Playmaking/passing is probably his weakest offensive attribute.

Seems like a good guy, always says the right things when it comes to interviews and whatnot, but a lot of Canucks fans felt he wasn't tough or emotional enough to be a good captain. Will fight once in a blue moon, though.

This year he is producing like it but probably not a legit 1C long term, however seems like a great 1-2 punch with Barzal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad