New York Islanders: Bo Horvat (25% retained) for Aatu Raty, Anthony Beauvillier, and 2023 1st (Top 12 protected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
ouch 7 shootout goals. And we still some games? Is there a worst team in the SO than us? Way too lazy to look this up.
Islanders are dead last in SO shooting percentage over that time, scoring on only 18% of attempts.

They have one shootout goal this season. One.

• Haha
Reactions: duster19 and mm11

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Horvat is great in the slot, and Barzal skates all over the place. So, the other winger should be a guy who doesn't get in Horvat's way in the slot and who is smart enough to stay out of Barzal's way. Bailey might actually work. :laugh:
Ah the ole… lay low, stay out of everyones way and draw little attention to yourself play… That’s how I approach every day of life.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
Tito is hitting a lot more than he used to seems like he is just excited first game I bet....also I saw he should of had like two goals but is fumbling pucks still.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tito is hitting a lot more than he used to seems like he is just excited first game I bet....also I saw he should of had like two goals but is fumbling pucks still.
Heard Thomas Hickey interviewed on the the trade. Said Beau was one of the most well liked players in the room. Came in, didn't speak a like of english, but really endeared himself with his teammates. I wish him well, but it was time for a change. Always thought He had the talent, unfortunately it only showed up in flashes. But he did score the biggest OT goal in recent memory against TB. That was an indelible memory.

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
So, how many Isles fans are disappointed with Horvat tonight but afraid to upset the mob, other than me?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Was at the game, he was very good.
I thought he looked good also. Strong in corners. Good balance, goes to right position

I thought Romanov had great jump tonight. Reminiscent of 1st few games. Also loved the shut down team D....Flyers had Trotzesque difficult time making clean entries

Also noted Bellows still sucks!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
So, how many Isles fans are disappointed with Horvat tonight but afraid to upset the mob, other than me?
Not I. Two deflections in front, two shots in the slot. Blocked, saved, cross bar and wide. I love the chances though!
I thought he looked good also. Strong in corners. Good balance, goes to right position

I thought Romanov had great jump tonight. Reminiscent of 1st few games. Also loved the shut down team D....Flyers had Trotzesque difficult time making clean entries

Three straight 2-1 I think

Reactions: Mike C

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Exactly what I saw especially the balance. Which is a very underrated aspect of skating. Horvat plays more of a heavy game.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Just you it looks like lol I think he looked very good, especially for his first game. Interceptions, 4 shots, 2 hits, 2 blocks, 54% on faceoffs. Aside from no points there was nothing to not like about his game. Chemistry will take a few games and will continue to grow all year.

Reactions: Abradolf Lincler

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just you it looks like lol I think he looked very good, especially for his first game. Interceptions, 4 shots, 2 hits, 2 blocks, 54% on faceoffs. Aside from no points there was nothing to not like about his game. Chemistry will take a few games and will continue to grow all year.
plus his presence allows Matty B to play with some different wrinkles like on his goal, going in for the deflection....taking more measured shots.... yes he still Capadesed it up a bit but i think Horvat may well have a settling effect on #13 for the betterment of all concerned

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I also noticed Bo greeting every player leaving the ice after the game, like captain Lee does. He was last one off before Lee. Already one of the guys.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We've got a lot of Bo talk happening in different locations so I'm going to lock this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad