Half-Assed GDT: bluVcane

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Hopefully that earns Johnson the start next game. Give Jake a month off or two
I'm going to have to see a consistent effort from Johnson before I make that claim. We just played the Canes. I think he deserves the shot though.

Reactions: Bendak

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
I'm going to have to see a consistent effort from Johnson before I make that claim. We just played the Canes. I think he deserves the shot though.
More a statement about Allen's season than Johnson's capabilites
JA SV%:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Nice to get the win, but Yeo still must go. Got outshot badly. Needed to get saved by a strong goalie performance and a lot of posts. Good to see us capitalizw on our chances and not make too many bone-headed plays. But we can't keep playing .500 hockey and wait for a losing streak to make a change.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Key Takeaways:
  1. Much better chance to win when Allen doesn't play
  2. Sitting JayBo seems to help
  3. ROR is the man
  4. Glad we won, but Yeo still needs to Go

Cant say this enough.

Gaff.....Fabbi still sounds like he's 13yr..... still love him:heart:

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don;t think Johnson is a guy you can ride into and through the playoffs but he does have about a .945 save percentage in the two starts he has received this year.

ROR and Fabs both stated that Johnson was the spark plug for the victory tonight.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Imagine if it would be Husso. Your boy Allen would be out of job.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
The D sucked again tonight. This is what it looks like when a goalie bails the team out, Jake.

Johnson looks slow but it was sure nice to see a goalie not spazzing out for at least tonight’s game.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The 2nd was ugly. Overall the Blues are incredibly too passive. There was one play with 1 Hurricane carrying the puck from center ice into the Blues’ defensive zone against 4 Blues. All 4 Blues backed up and never went towards the Cane. That’s inexcusable.

The forwards have to stop passing the puck backwards when in the defensive zone. It happens every game multiple times and results in turnovers.

It’s a much needed 2 points but a very sloppy game. Sloppy defensively plus non-aggressive play will result in more losses than wins. Yeo needs to go.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So Yeo buys another game.

Honestly not a huge deal, as I bet Armstrong takes the next couple days to reach out to Q/AV/whoever so that when we lose to the Sharks on Friday, the team fires Yeo and has a replacement ready.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I agree with Spektre, the defense was way too passive this game. It looked like the Canes noticed this and continue to apply pressure on the D and seemed to force a lot of turnovers in the defensive zone. A lot of flubbed or bad passes that were to no one or nowhere. I don't think they were necessarily scared into making these decisions, but rather that they just sucked tonight. I don't remember a bunch of passes back to the defense from forwards that weren't warranted, but oh well. Again, penalties are a big reason why we were outshot badly tonight (not because of the amount from killing them, but from the momentum the Canes were getting). I guess we'll see where we go from here, but a win was nice.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just got home, I see they won! I'll watch the game tomorrow. GDT should be interesting, as always. :) Go Blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad