Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Ok well I backed out of the game at 0-0 to see if we can fix this lag. Let's try it a bit later tonight, maybe it's EA.

Honestly, the game is literally delayed by a second for me. If I stick deke left it takes 1 ****ing second for the game to react. Game 1 was the same way, games 2 and 3 were fine, and game 4 was the same way.

Give it a bit, maybe EA's server is just overloaded?

Yeah maybe. We can delay it then. Games 1 and 4 were very laggy for me (although not quite to the extent you described, just choppy), and 2 and 3 were near perfect for me. Game 5 seemed like it was fine, but then EA kicked me off its servers, so who knows what's up with it.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Yeah maybe. We can delay it then. Games 1 and 4 were very laggy for me (although not quite to the extent you described, just choppy), and 2 and 3 were near perfect for me. Game 5 seemed like it was fine, but then EA kicked me off its servers, so who knows what's up with it.

Yeah game 2 and 3 were perfect for me to, we played that game a bit later at night thats prob why, less load on the server.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1) Mellow out everyone. Geez! We're going to be playing videogames with eachother for a while. People need to stop getting upset over things that are not a big deal. Stockey is lame because he STILL doesn't have a copy of NHL 13, Jack posts a lot on the boards, Detroit, Nashville, and Florida are all friends and everyone knows it, and my decision making might have single-handedly knocked Detroit out of the playoffs.

Everything above is true. No need for anyone to get upset. Have fun people!

The Important Stuff:

2) Washington vs Tampa:
You guys have until Friday night (technically) to get your series done. It would be a really nice luxury if you guys could get done tonight by the time i get back from hockey though. That way i can advance and the 3rd round can get under way a full day ahead of schedule. But if not, if you're still lagging then dont rush it. I made every round of the playoffs two days + one night for a reason.

With that said...finish your ****ing series tonight :D

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:bolts and :caps....

Just try and make an honest effort to get the series done tonight. Thats all i ask. Again, if you can't tonight, then dont worry about it, its not that big of a deal. It would be nice if you guys wrapped it up though.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
1) Mellow out everyone. Geez! We're going to be playing videogames with eachother for a while. People need to stop getting upset over things that are not a big deal. Stockey is lame because he STILL doesn't have a copy of NHL 13, Jack posts a lot on the boards, Detroit, Nashville, and Florida are all friends and everyone knows it, and my decision making might have single-handedly knocked Detroit out of the playoffs.

Everything above is true. No need for anyone to get upset. Have fun people!

The Important Stuff:

2) Washington vs Tampa:
You guys have until Friday night (technically) to get your series done. It would be a really nice luxury if you guys could get done tonight by the time i get back from hockey though. That way i can advance and the 3rd round can get under way a full day ahead of schedule. But if not, if you're still lagging then dont rush it. I made every round of the playoffs two days + one night for a reason.

With that said...finish your ****ing series tonight :D

I thought we were having fun? :laugh: he wanted ppl to bash eachother so we did...playoffs get lonely when ur not in them and ur other league is on a stand still

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I thought we were having fun? :laugh: he wanted ppl to bash eachother so we did...playoffs get lonely when ur not in them and ur other league is on a stand still

Well then by all means..CONTINUE THE BASHING!

:bolts and :caps are done. Advancing dat **** right now!

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
:caps advance in 6

Despite missing Stamkos, Carle, and Markov, it still ended up being a competitive series for all but one game. Riku Helenius was inconsistent, at times very solid, at times letting in passes from the top of the circle or kicking the pick in his own net. Roberto Luongo was good for the most part aside from the occasional Luongo-esque goal. Alex Ovechkin was surprisingly quiet this series, although he was injured for two of the games, but Evander Kane seemed to pick up any slack Ovie left laying around.

It was a very well-played series by the Caps, and now I'm bored until the off-season starts. You've gotta win the cup now Caps, keep the Southeast streak going!

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Stockey, what I'm about to say may include some "being nice" to another GM, so please avert your eyes.

Hats off to TB, terrific series. Despite missing Stamkos and half your D you had me on the ropes in game 5. I got really fortunate with a few goals to tie it up and then carried the momentum to the end. No doubt you're a top contender, I felt bad about Stamkos. I lost Ovi for a few games in this series and my god it sucks playing without your go-to guy.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Off to play some real hockey. Please dont kill eachother while i'm gone. Schedule is advanced. STL and I should finish our series by Saturday morning at the latest.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Eastern Conference Finals--Beginning Now

:rangers v. :caps

Game 1: 5-2 NYR

(Gaborik and Callahan with 5 points a piece. Neither goalie covered themselves in glory. A really, really open game, particualrly compared to me two previous series. The Caps speed is crazy. Game was marred by an ugly injury to Rick Nash that occurred with less than 5 minutes left...)

Game 2: 3-2 Caps

(Lundquist was pulled after giving up two very weak short-side goals. Missaean played well, and the Rangers managed to claw back into the game, but the deficit was too much. Really missing my top two defenseman, as well, of course, as Nash.)

Game 3: 3-2 Caps

(Caps came out flying. Luongo played well. Lundquist made a few extraordinary saves, but let in a critical soft goal in the 3rd that proved to be the game-winner. In what might be the biggest story, and in a remarkable reprisal of game one, when a questionable late hit put Nash out, Alex Ovechkin left the game in the 3rd period, and will miss the remainder of the playoffs. The Capitals immediately retaliated, taking Ryan Callahan out for the remainder of the series.)

Game 4: 5-4 Caps

(Rangers dominated even-strength play. Held a 3-1 lead in the second, before two short-handed goals tied it. Grabbed a 4-3 lead, then Caps equalized. Caps won the game on another short-handed goal. All on breakaways or 2-on-1s. Tried adjusting strategies, tried adjusting pressure, but I just have no answer. Tough series. Lundquist hasn't been as good as rounds one and two. My defense has no answer for the speed of the Caps wings, and he's buried each and every one of his chances.)

Game 5: 5-4 Caps

(I'm not even sure what happened. Caps were winning 4-2. I scored twice. He won it with 10 seconds left after a turnover.)

:caps advance in 5.

Completely overwhelmed by the run-and-shoot style. McDonagh would have helped, but in reality, the Rangers allowed the Capitals to dictate the pace of the games too much. Lundquist was very, very ordinary in the series. At times, awful. Pulled twice for the young, big rookie.

Still, it hurts to know that I out-scored you at even strength over 5 games and still barely avoided a sweep. Obviously, I need to improve my special teams play. :laugh:

Last edited:

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Whoa Nashville and Detroit. Can't handle the three stooges tag? If anyone should be embarrassed its you with that response lmao
I feel bad for you if you couldn't take that light heartedly considering you all know each other.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
mmvddf.jpg

That's the **** right there!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
:laugh:

Caps with 4 short-handed goals this series. Actually, 5?

Oh well. It was a good first year.

Through 4 games:
Rangers: 12 ES and 1 PP goal.
Caps: 8 ES, 5 SH goals.

EDIT: Sheesh, Lundquist. Have you made a high, short-side save the entire series? :laugh:

Ah well. Better luck next year, Jack.

Last edited:

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Eastern Conference Finals--Beginning Now

:rangers v. :caps

Game 1: 5-2 NYR

(Gaborik and Callahan with 5 points a piece. Neither goalie covered themselves in glory. A really, really open game, particualrly compared to me two previous series. The Caps speed is crazy. Game was marred by an ugly injury to Rick Nash that occurred with less than 5 minutes left...)

Game 2: 3-2 Caps

(Lundquist was pulled after giving up two very weak short-side goals. Missaean played well, and the Rangers managed to claw back into the game, but the deficit was too much. Really missing my top two defenseman, as well, of course, as Nash.)

Game 3: 3-2 Caps

(Caps came out flying. Luongo played well. Lundquist made a few extraordinary saves, but let in a critical soft goal in the 3rd that proved to be the game-winner. In what might be the biggest story, and in a remarkable reprisal of game one, when a questionable late hit put Nash out, Alex Ovechkin left the game in the 3rd period, and will miss the remainder of the playoffs. The Capitals immediately retaliated, taking Ryan Callahan out for the remainder of the series.)

Game 4: 5-4 Caps

(Rangers dominated even-strength play. Held a 3-1 lead in the second, before two short-handed goals tied it. Grabbed a 4-3 lead, then Caps equalized. Caps won the game on another short-handed goal. All on breakaways or 2-on-1s. Tried adjusting strategies, tried adjusting pressure, but I just have no answer. Tough series. Lundquist hasn't been as good as rounds one and two. My defense has no answer for the speed of the Caps wings, and he's buried each and every one of his chances.)

Game 5: 5-4 Caps

(I'm not even sure what happened. Caps were winning 4-2. I scored twice. He won it with 10 seconds left after a turnover.)

:caps advance in 5.

Completely overwhelmed by the run-and-shoot style. McDonagh would have helped, but in reality, the Rangers allowed the Capitals to dictate the pace of the games too much. Lundquist was very, very ordinary in the series. At times, awful. Pulled twice for the young, big rookie.

Still, it hurts to know that I out-scored you at even strength over 5 games and still barely avoided a sweep. Obviously, I need to improve my special teams play. :laugh:

Really fun series man, I got a few breaks at key times and that was the difference. Looking forward to playing you next year, I can feel a bit of a rivalry brewing the way we were throwing the body around.

stevezz

Jul 7, 2009
Western Conference Finals:

:hawks 4 - 3 :blues

Game 1: 3-1 STL
Game 2: 2-1 CHI
Game 3: 2-1 STL
Game 4: 3-2 CHI
Game 5: 3-1 CHI
Game 6: 3-1 STL
Game 7: 4-3 OT CHI

Great series man and good luck in the finals!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad