Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:sc09: :sc09: :nhl :sc09: :sc09:

Here it is boys. All things playoffs! Just like HF Boards does during the real NHL season, i've decided to devote any and all playoff talk to its own specific thread.

Rules:

-Pending longterm inactivity, all games must be played User vs User
-Unfished series will be AUTOMATICALLY SIMMED

A series does not have to be finished in one night, but this league does have to move quickly. Otherwise 16+ GMs will be waiting for weeks to start up their next season. The Start and End dates of each round will be listed below. Any series not completed by the end date will be simmed, regardless of situation/activity/anything.

-If a GM goes inactive and informs the other GM they wont be able to play their games (i.e. DET GM needing to study for Mid terms)...

1) Team A plays games 1 and 2 of the series versus Team B's CPU. Team B plays games 3 and 4 of the series versus Team A's CPU (each team plays their CPU games on home ice). Then the remaining games will just be simmed.

-If a GM goes inactive and does NOT inform the other GM of their inactivity...

2) Allow Team A to play the Games 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the series versus Team B's CPU

-If a Disconnect were to occur, the two teams must start up a new game and resume play where the old game left off.

Example: Chicago plays Vancouver, Chicago lags out in the 3rd period and the score is 4-1 Chicago with 8:43 left in the 3rd. Chicago and Vancouver must start up a new game. The two GMs can stand around if they want or just screw around, doesn't matter to me. But the score going into the 3rd period WILL be 4-1 in the 3rd period with roughly 9 minutes left to play
===============================================

Schedule: All times are Central Standard Time

Round 1:

Starting Date: Monday, January 7th @ 9pm
Ending Date: Wednesday, January 9th @ 9pm

Round 2:

Starting Date: Wednesday, January 9th @9pm
Ending Date: Friday, January 11 @ 11pm

Round 3:

Starting Date: Friday, January 11 @ 11pm
Ending Date: Sunday, January 13 @ 10pm

Round 4: STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!

Starting Date: Sunday, January 13 @10pm
Ending Date: Tuesday, January 15 @ 9pm
=================================================

*All times are US Central Time
*I really think the playoffs will be done on the 14th
*The offseason will be 4 real days long and will start Tuesday, January 15 @10pm
*Regular Season resumes Friday, January 18th @ 11pm

I just want to clarify again boys, for the sake of the league and in fairness to the other 16+ GMs not in the playoffs, i will absolutely advance the schedule on these days. Its on all of you to get your games in one of the two ways i've made available. Simming a playoff series would be such a drag for the teams involved, and for myself, but if i wait around for every series to have all of their games in the playoffs could be pushed back an extra 2-4 days, which nobody wants.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
WESTERN CONFERENCE ROUND 1:

#1 :flames VS #8 :wings -----> :flames Win in 7 (series simmed)
#2 :hawks VS #7 :wild -----> :hawks Win in 6
#3 :coyotes VS #6 :blues -----> :blues Win in 5
#4 :nucks VS #5 :avs -----> :avs Win in 7​

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Eastern Conference Round 1
#1 :bolts VS #8 :isles -----> :bolts Win in 6
#2 :sens VS #7 :flyers -----> :sens Win in 5
#3 :rangers VS #6 :panthers -----> :rangers Win in 6
#4 :caps VS #5 :canes -----> :caps Win in 6

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
ROUND 2

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

#1 :flames vs #6 :blues -----> :blues Win in 4
#2 :hawks vs # 5 :avs -----> :hawks Win in 6

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

#1 :bolts vs #4 :caps -----> :caps Win in 6
#2 :sens vs #3 :rangers -----> :rangers Win in 5

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
ROUND 3: CONFERENCE FINALS

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

#2 :hawks VS # 6 :blues

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

#3 :rangers VS #4 :caps

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Playoff thread is open! Message your opponents. Get those games in and good luck to everyone!

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Some good games against Phili.

Game 1: Even action, Ottawa wins 3-2. Leads 1-0

Game 2: A little less even, Flyers trying to dominate, Ottawa gets a luck bounce with seconds remaining in the third, Ottawa wins 1-0. Leads 2-0

Game 3: Flyers domination! But Ottawa ties it up and sends it to overtime where Giroux backhands the shorthanded winner, Philidelphia wins 2-1 (I think). Ottawa leads 2-1

Game 4: Flyers come out strong and take the lead, but Ottawa ties it up with two minutes remaining to send it to overtime where Daugavins scores the corny yet effective wrist shot winner, Ottawa win 3-2. Ottawa leads 3-1

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Phoenix ties the game against St. Louis with 8 seconds left shorthanded in the third then Dany Heatley rips it top shelf to win game 2 in overtime.

Series tied 1-1

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Blues scored 4 unanswered (with one sketchy goal) and then again Phoenix ties the game, only to lose in overtime.

St. Louis leads 2-1.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Damn Ovi... Scores 3 in a 4-3 OT win. Missing 2/3 of my top line and a top pairing D sucks!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Back and forth series between :hawks and :wild.

Backstrom was brutal in games 1&2 but dunner shut me down defensively in games 3&4.

Series tied 2-2, will finish tomorrow AM

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
****!! Another fricken OT loss after so many chances to end it. Caps win 5-4 and lead series 2-0.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
****!! Another fricken OT loss after so many chances to end it. Caps win 5-4 and lead series 2-0.

Man what a ****ing game! Both of them actually, two OT games with last minute heroics to get into OT to begin with.

Either game could have gone either way, I thought I deserved it in OT in game 1, but you probably deserved that last one. Luongo has unleashed the inner beast.

BTW not sure how but our last game didn't register...normally I wouldn't even both but this is playoffs.. So stupid, now were gonna have to waste our time with the ****ing empty net ****...

Edit. I could also just play the cpu and quit out if I'm gonna lose or if there are any injuries if ur strapped for time tomo. I know we're both pretty busy..

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Man what a ****ing game! Both of them actually, two OT games with last minute heroics to get into OT to begin with.

Either game could have gone either way, I thought I deserved it in OT in game 1, but you probably deserved that last one. Luongo has unleashed the inner beast.

BTW not sure how but our last game didn't register...normally I wouldn't even both but this is playoffs.. So stupid, now were gonna have to waste our time with the ****ing empty net ****...

Edit. I could also just play the cpu and quit out if I'm gonna lose or if there are any injuries if ur strapped for time tomo. I know we're both pretty busy..

Awww man are you serious? Yeah whoever you want to play the CPU I'm good with.. That sucks though. However, I'm strapped for time as in I won't be home until 11 mountain tomorrow and then have a bunch of studying to do.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
And in 5 razor close games the St. Louis Blues have beaten the Phoenix Coyotes in 5 games. All but game 1 were decided by a single goal.

Good luck the rest of the way.

stevezz

Jul 7, 2009
The :blues win in 5 against the hard hitting Phoenix Coyotes. What a close series that was. I also don't know how I escaped that series with no injuries. Great series once again.. 4 1goal games, good stuff man

stevezz

Jul 7, 2009
And in 5 razor close games the St. Louis Blues have beaten the Phoenix Coyotes in 5 games. All but game 1 were decided by a single goal.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks man, great series! U made some sick comebacks

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Awww man are you serious? Yeah whoever you want to play the CPU I'm good with.. That sucks though. However, I'm strapped for time as in I won't be home until 11 mountain tomorrow and then have a bunch of studying to do.

K got it fixed. No injuries. We're ready to resume tomo!

Just a heads up guys, if neither guy exits properly back into the Bluth lobby after a game the game won't be saved.

Gary83*

Some good games against Phili.

Game 1: Even action, Ottawa wins 3-2. Leads 1-0

Game 2: A little less even, Flyers trying to dominate, Ottawa gets a luck bounce with seconds remaining in the third, Ottawa wins 1-0. Leads 2-0

Game 3: Flyers domination! But Ottawa ties it up and sends it to overtime where Giroux backhands the shorthanded winner, Philidelphia wins 2-1 (I think). Ottawa leads 2-1

Game 4: Flyers come out strong and take the lead, but Ottawa ties it up with two minutes remaining to send it to overtime where Daugavins scores the corny yet effective wrist shot winner, Ottawa win 3-2. Ottawa leads 3-1

I literally would have raged the **** out if you won that third game. Definitely felt like after those first four games we should be at least tied up at 2 a piece, Vokoun was pretty good/solid.

Really missing Fisher and especially Anisimov, thanks for that bogus ghost game EA!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad