avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Game 7:

Avs 3
col-1.png
vs

Canucks 2
200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.png

Avalanche take series 4-3 in 7 games to advance to the next round! Duchene with a hat-trick proves clutch. Great series Vancouver, you were tough but I couldn't go through another 1st round game 7 loss lol

Notes: Colorado loses PA Parenteau, Justin Williams, and Victor Hedman for the remainder of the playoffs :(

Last edited:

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
:bolts beat :isles 4 games to 2 to move on to the next round. It was a very tight, great series with four games decided by 1 goal, three of which went to OT, and the other two games were decided by 2 goals. Paul Stastny stepped up big after Stamkos went down, scoring OT winners in Games 4 and 6.

Rookie Richard Panik, playing in his 4th career game, scored the Lightning's 2nd goal in Game 6, and the 1st of his career in rather strong fashion.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148033031

Great series Isles. Now whoever plays me next gets to see what life is like without Carle, Markov, and now Stamkos.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
This is unfortunate... Carolina and I were only able to get 2 games in last night, and it looks like none tonight. So we'll have to attempt to play the series tomo night I guess. I get off work at 5:30 pacific though, or 7:30 central, so it's gonna be tricky to fit it in.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Game 4: Caps win 4-1. Knew I wouldn't be able to do anything with this pathetic roster. Grest series so far though.

WSH leads 3-1

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012
:bolts beat :isles 4 games to 2 to move on to the next round. It was a very tight, great series with four games decided by 1 goal, three of which went to OT, and the other two games were decided by 2 goals. Paul Stastny stepped up big after Stamkos went down, scoring OT winners in Games 4 and 6.

Rookie Richard Panik, playing in his 4th career game, scored the Lightning's 2nd goal in Game 6, and the 1st of his career in rather strong fashion.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148033031

Great series Isles. Now whoever plays me next gets to see what life is like without Carle, Markov, and now Stamkos.

It was a great series. I am disappointed with my performance, I had you right where I wanted you, a lot of great scoring opportunities were missed, you converted on more of them which was the difference in the series. As I know you are already aware, on a team with Bobby Ryan and John Tavares, my key cog is Cogliano. Just like Washington last year, you did a great job shadowing him and taking him out. I had a few breakaway opportunities with him and didn't convert which I feel was ultimately the difference.

My mediocre, slow defenseman, made things frustrating for me as I was constantly allowing breakaways or letting passes go right through my defenseman, leading to breakaways. Not sure I've played someone who seems to use the right deke in the right situation every time, leading to great shots. Glad the CPU knocked out Stamkos, to say he was putting on a show, making my defenseman look ridiculous is a big understatement.

Some positives, unlike last year, Bobby Ryan showed up and played very well and Lehtonen I felt played very well in net. He kept the games very close with the exception of the first game where I switched up my forecheck/neutral zone/aggressiveness strategies too early and let the game get out of hand. The games were competitive and exciting and I was beyond pumped when I sent game 6 to OT with just 20 seconds left. Despite losing that game, my team fought hard until the end, it was a good way to play the last game in Nassau Coliseum.

Looking on to next season, this team certainly has some work to do. I need a big time Left Winger, I need some help from the progression gods and I need to upgrade my defense, big time. I need quicker defenders. The departures of Streit and Moulson I didn't think would be a huge deal but I was certainly wrong. Hopefully can acquire the right pieces and make a stronger push next year.

Good luck to all the teams still in it.

Gary83*

really wish we could watch the games..

soon my life will be pretty much completely consumed by hockey once the NHL starts back up, more so than it already it.
im sure my gf is going to love that.

Hah, yeah, I figured my wife wouldn't be too thrilled, but she had ordered me a purty new Baertschi jersey. Probably understands it's too late to cure my hockey obsession!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just waiting on :flames vs :wings and :caps vs :canes to finish up.

Advance is at 9pm CST boys! Get these series done!

PasswordIsTaco

2012 & 2014
Sep 19, 2012
Just waiting on :flames vs :wings and :caps vs :canes to finish up.

Advance is at 9pm CST boys! Get these series done!

Flames and Wings had too much lag last night, so we couldn't get any games in.

We are going to try again tonight, but if there is still a bunch of lag it will just have to be simmed.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Hah, yeah, I figured my wife wouldn't be too thrilled, but she had ordered me a purty new Baertschi jersey. Probably understands it's too late to cure my hockey obsession!

my gf bought me penguin pajama pants and penguin mugs and took me to an AHL game for christmas/birthday this year.. which was nice considering she does not like hockey.. :laugh:

PasswordIsTaco

2012 & 2014
Sep 19, 2012
****! Of course I get Red Rings at the most inconvenient time.

Won't have an XBox until after this weekend, so :wings can go ahead and play my CPU.

I'll redeem myself next season!

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Sorry to hear that man! It sucks that ill move on this way. You had me beaten!

Good luck next year!

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Fuss there is an injury can u kick Calgary out!? Or would you rather not face me :)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
In Sitwell we Okay'ed another GM stepping in for an inactive GM during the playoffs. If the remaining playoff teams are ok with it I would be fine with a sub filling in for Calgary.

That's an option, but if you guys are against that then I think I'll have DET play the cgy CPU TWICE then ill just sim the rest of the series. Don't know how I feel about GMs getting total free passes, especially when they're down in the series.

What do you guys think?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
In Sitwell we Okay'ed another GM stepping in for an inactive GM during the playoffs. If the remaining playoff teams are ok with it I would be fine with a sub filling in for Calgary.

That's an option, but if you guys are against that then I think I'll have DET play the cgy CPU TWICE then ill just sim the rest of the series. Don't know how I feel about GMs getting total free passes, especially when they're down in the series.

What do you guys think?

Could we really get a new GM in place and have them play through by 9:00 CST?

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011

What do you guys think?

yeah i think thats fair, cpu twice and simming. even though i think for the playoffs if one GM cant play any more of the series than the other shouldnt either (thus simming the rest of the series completely). its pretty easy to beat a cpu in a playoff series so im sure mostly all of us wouldnt be surprised if Detroit won the series by playing all the rest of the games vs the CPU. Just my 2 cents.

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
The guy has no Xbox tho until next week? So someone else will get to play his CPU?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad