Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:hawks beat :wild in 6

Great back and forth series, as most playoff series are. 5 1 goal games. 2 OT games. Bolland won game 6 with about 50 seconds left in the 3rd when it was tied 2-2.

Timely scoring and scoring depth helped me a lot...along with Backstrom playing poorly and Couture being out the entire series.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dont play in the East so i wont speak for it but in the West, there are NO easy matchups whatsoever. To make it to the finals i have to go through 2 of :nucks :blues :wings :flames or :avs

154-house-do-not-want.jpg

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
:hawks beat :wild in 6

Great back and forth series, as most playoff series are. 5 1 goal games. 2 OT games. Bolland won game 6 with about 50 seconds left in the 3rd when it was tied 2-2.

Timely scoring and scoring depth helped me a lot...along with Backstrom playing poorly and Couture being out the entire series.

Great series all around. But with loss and unmet expectations must come change.

:wild

Will be shopping in the offseason.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
AVS and CANUCKS

series : series tied 3-3

game 1: 4-3 win for the avs

game 2: 6-0 win for canucks

game 3: 4-1 win for the avs

game 4: 5-3 win for canucks

game 5: 5-4 win for canucks

game 6: 2-0 win for Avs

Last edited:

Gary83*

Can't help but feel hopeless trying to come back being down 3-1 in this series. :cry:

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
:sabres only team to come back to win series down 3-1

Minnesota beat me last year after I was up 3-1...

And I forced a 7 game series with Detroit in the 1st season after being down 3-0 only to lose...

Don't lose hope Gary!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
:rangers - :panthers

Game 1: 2-1 FLA

(Two poke-check goals (one a rebound off a poke check) to one absurdly lucky behind-the-net goal. A bit, uh, cautious. :laugh:)

Game 2: 3-1 NYR

(Late SH goal narrowed the gap, which wasn't necessarily indicative of the game. Rangers PP really missing B. Richards and R. McDonagh)

Game 3: 1-0 FLA

(Rangers created maybe three good scoring chances. Markstrom made a few great saves, but otherwise, FLA dominated play).

Game 4: 3-2 NYR

(The game I almost blew after an epically bad red-line turnover leading to a breakaway goal. :laugh:)

Game 5: 4-3 (OT) NYR

(Rick Nash hat-trick, and an overtime winner by the newly-returned Brad Richards.)

Game 6: 4-1 NYR

(Markstrom dropped the ball in a big game. Tough break).

:rangers advance in 6.

Good series. Florida controlled puck possession through much of the series. I think Richards coming back was important. My powerplay was much better in Games 5 and 6.

Last edited:

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
:bolts vs :isles
Game 1: TB 3 - NYI 1
Game 2: NYI 2 - TB 1 (OT)
Game 3: TB 4 - NYI 2
Game 4: TB 2 - NYI 1 (OT) Stamkos hurt for 12 games...uh-oh.
Game 5: NYI 2- TB 1
Game 6: TB 3 - NYI 2 (OT)

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Dominate a series to lose in 6 games...

Maybe next year my whole 2nd line wont be injured... Congratz rangers and gl

It should have gone seven games, but I wouldn't say you dominated the series. You had more TOA in each game, but most of it was cycling to the points. I believe I had the edge in shots in each game except Game 1. You won more faceoffs, I had more hits. You took far more penalties, and my PP improved a bit later in the series (though I felt like I was better at even strength than with the man-advantage). Seemed pretty even, but in the end, I had the better goalie--and that was the difference.

I really missed McDonagh. Kulikov was awesome for you, and I had no one to match that.

The Postma-Scuderi, Lehtivouri-McIlrath combos in the first 3 games was awful for me. Getting Sauer back helped a bit. I missed Brad Richards in Games 1 (after the first period) - Game 4. It wasn't an accident that I get a bit better on the puck with him back in the line-up.

EDIT: Anyway, good series. I don't remember playing you during the regular season, but it was fun.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Man it bites to miss the playoffs in the way I did.

Glad to see the playoffs moving along quickly, looking forward to next season.

Looking forward to some nice progression from MaxPac, Eller, Subban, Galchenyuk, Despres, Tinordi and maybe one of Holland/Bournival/Armia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad