OT: Bluesy - Stanley Cup Finals 2017

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
But I admire how David Poile build that team. I just wish we had that good GM.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

I hope the Blues are taking notes on their roster. A couple trades for key upgrades, swapping extra positional depth, strong prospect pool by identifying future players for their system, strong AHL development, and a few free agent signings.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think there is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference it's Chicago or Nashville. Everyting about Chicago gets me mad or irritates me. Maybe Dallas and Minnesota, but not that bad like Chicago. Winnipeg and Colorado are 'meh'. I can't see to hate them, least Winnipeg.

I hate everyone in the division, doesn't matter if they are good (Chi/Nash), Ok (Winn), or horrible (Dal/Col). I hate them all. The difference is I do respect some of them. I respect the hell out of Nash and Winn, while, I don't have any respect for Chi or Col, due to their fan bases or team ownership/management (screw you Stan K). Nash is in a very good place due to where Poile has put them, doesn't change the face I consider them divisional rivals.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I hope the Blues are taking notes on their roster. A couple trades for key upgrades, swapping extra positional depth, strong prospect pool by identifying future players for their system, strong AHL development, and a few free agent signings.

Nashville is doing it with their system of aggressive, pinching D as much as their roster. Our coaching staff should be taking notes b/c our top 4 D are skilled enough to play the same aggressive style....we just don't do it. We back off far more quickly. Nashville is willing to give up the occasional odd man rush in return for having their D aggressively create chaos in the O-Zone...we play to prevent the odd man rush. Nashville has laid out a blue print for us to create more offense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He's been their GM for since that team started . You wouldn't tolerate that many years of mediocrity

Idk, but Poile had clear vision where to go with team and knowed how to acquire need and use expendable assets right away.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Idk, but Poile had clear vision where to go with team and knowed how to acquire need and use expendable assets right away.

I am by no means an expert on Nashville and would generally agree that he doesn't flip flop. My point was that you wouldn't give him that long of a leash. You have to give these guys time for everything to come together

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Did you hold that opinion 2 years ago?

One year ago?

If they'd lost to Chicago in the first round in a tough 7 game series, would you say that today?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

I like Poile and think he is a great GM. However, I disagree with the bolded. If that were the case, Jones wouldn't have been picked at 4 nor would Poile have tried stop gaps as a 1C like Ribeiro.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Sad, that as Blue's fans we can't appreciate what Nashville is doing as a team. Last team to qualify for the playoffs, but getting a chance to win it all. The Blues having failed to win in the playoffs makes Blues fans hate any team that are playing good hockey?? I have been a Blues fan since 1973, but I am a hockey fan first. If you can't acknowledge that the Preds are having a magical run at the cup and are still upset that the Blues haven't done better, then direct your anger at Blues management and the organization. No reason to hate Nashville, they're obviously doing something right!

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Sad, that as Blue's fans we can't appreciate what Nashville is doing as a team. Last team to qualify for the playoffs, but getting a chance to win it all. The Blues having failed to win in the playoffs makes Blues fans hate any team that are playing good hockey?? I have been a Blues fan since 1973, but I am a hockey fan first. If you can't acknowledge that the Preds are having a magical run at the cup and are still upset that the Blues haven't done better, then direct your anger at Blues management and the organization. No reason to hate Nashville, they're obviously doing something right!

No, what's sad is that there are posts like this belittling Blues fans for not rooting for the Predators.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

No one is saying that they don't appreciate what the Preds are doing. Still doesn't change the Blues fans cheering for the Pens shouldn't be ridiculed for not cheering for Preds.

I've said before, I respect what the Preds have done this year, and I respect their team management, still doesn't change the fact I hate them and hope they lose.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He's been their GM for since that team started . You wouldn't tolerate that many years of mediocrity

In all fairness to Poile, he has been in a new market for hockey and with a pretty firm budget for a while. St. Louis should be a much better situation to operate in.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Why aren't people who want to talk Preds hockey doing so on the Preds board or the NHL Stanley Cup board?

I don't want to sound like forum police but seriously, this thread is so far off-topic and irrelevant to Blues talk.

/rant.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Why aren't people who want to talk Preds hockey doing so on the Preds board or the NHL Stanley Cup board?

I don't want to sound like forum police but seriously, this thread is so far off-topic and irrelevant to Blues talk.

/rant.

Because they only want to talk about it with Blues fans? I don't know. Its an OT thread. As long as it stays here, I can live with it. The Finals are getting more interesting.

I don't think a Blues fan should have a particular allegiance falling on either side of Nashville or Pittsburgh, and have no beef with people rooting for either team. Those of us left now just love hockey, and the SCF are all that's left.

Personally, I'm rooting for Nashville. If the Blues can't enjoy their first Cup, at least a nice fanbase like Tennessee can, and I can live vicariously a little through them. I lived in Tennessee for several years, and still have many friends there. (But once they've won one Cup, I want them to implode.)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Because they only want to talk about it with Blues fans? I don't know. Its an OT thread. As long as it stays here, I can live with it. The Finals are getting more interesting.

I don't think a Blues fan should have a particular allegiance falling on either side of Nashville or Pittsburgh, and have no beef with people rooting for either team. Those of us left now just love hockey, and the SCF are all that's left.

Personally, I'm rooting for Nashville. If the Blues can't enjoy their first Cup, at least a nice fanbase like Tennessee can, and I can live vicariously a little through them. I lived in Tennessee for several years, and still have many friends there. (But once they've won one Cup, I want them to implode.)

Ehhh.... I have met my fair share of bandwagon Nashville fans the past couple of weeks. No thanks. If you thought the frat-boy dudes with brand new Kane and Toews jerseys were bad.... okay, NAS fans won't be AS bad but it's not going to be pretty in downtown STL when the Preds come to visit. It's going to be annoying as f***. Suddenly 2 teams only 4 hours away will have won the cup within the past couple of years. Blues.... 50 years and still nothing. Much rather the Pens win again and everyone just talk about how amazing Crosby and Malkin are and the hype / bandwagon can stay far away on the East coast in a different conference.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Holy **** did anyone see Crosby pull a Subban on Subban at the end of the first in game 5 tonight? He pulled the ole drag him down and throw some punches to the head.. Priceless lol

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Holy **** did anyone see Crosby pull a Subban on Subban at the end of the first in game 5 tonight? He pulled the ole drag him down and throw some punches to the head.. Priceless lol

And the official was just staring at the both of them haha. Geez just shows the refs do love the star players a bit more. But hey I'm loving the score

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

yueFl04.png

Subban was pulling a Subban by grabbing the leg. Crosby did what every player does when someone refuses to let go.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
And the official was just staring at the both of them haha. Geez just shows the refs do love the star players a bit more. But hey I'm loving the score

The official was probably sitting there like wait that's Crosby penalty on Nash... oh wait that's Subban penalty on... me? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad