Lapland
OJlxo7E.png

Lets go Sauna-Peksi! :bb:

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
What a ridiculous thread. Have fun guys,:shakehead This thread is an insult to Blues fans.

Last edited:

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I hate Nashville, mostly because I am jealous of the success they are going to have for years to come. I've said it multiple times though, they built this team with ballsy trades and years of underachieving/ high draft picks that I do not see many :blues fans being able to sit through. I hope that the :blues management has a plan to chase similar success without tanking for years to come.

Also **** PK Subban

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I've always loved Sid anyway so rooting for the Pens is easy.

In any case, it's easy to root against a team that whines and dives for calls, that regularly charges and piles on the goaltender and that plays generally dirty, intent to injure hockey.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I hate Nashville, mostly because I am jealous of the success they are going to have for years to come. I've said it multiple times though, they built this team with ballsy trades and years of underachieving/ high draft picks that I do not see many :blues fans being able to sit through. I hope that the :blues management has a plan to chase similar success without tanking for years to come.

Also **** PK Subban

And as been pointed out, the Preds have not had years of underachieving or high draft picks. Since the lockout (12 seasons), they have won 6 playoff series and missed the playoffs only 3 times. In that same time period, the Blues have won 4 playoff series and missed the playoffs 5 times. The Preds have only had 2 top 10 picks in the past 10 years (Seth Jones 4th in '13 and Colin Wilson 7th in '08). That includes picks they traded away. In the same time frame the Blues drafted Pietrangelo 4th and Johnson 1st OA. So we have both had 2 top 10 picks over the past 10 years, with theirs being more recent and ours being higher including the 1OA.

So how has Nashville gone through a stretch of underachieving that our fans wouldn't sit through when they have achieved more over the past decade than what our fans have already had to sat through? They had one really bad year (12-13) and one where they missed the playoffs by 3 points. Other than that, they are a surefire playoff lock. And they have had more playoff success than we have. So again, where are they underachieving as a smaller market, less hockey-centric town being one of the more recent expansions (3rd newest team, 4th when LV starts) compared to us being a team with a longer history to draw from and a metro population of roughly 900k more.

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of casual misinformation annoys me. It takes hold on these boards and becomes the prevailing thought, without really having any basis in facts.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Rooting for Pittsburgh as well. I like Crosby/Malkin/Kessel over anyone on Nashville and I would feel sick if I saw Neal/Subban win the Cup. Subban is a great person off the ice, but his on-ice antics annoy me to hell. Neal is just a dirtbag. I do like Forsberg and Fisher though.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I'm on the Pitt bandwagon as well. As mentioned above me, Subban is great off the ice, and I gained a lot of respect for him from watching his E:60 this weekend, but his dancing around and complaining annoy me. I'd love to see Crosby win another cup, and I can't stand Neal or Laviolette.

I also don't want Cody Mcleod anywhere near the cup.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Another Blues fan rooting for the Pens, not really a shocker as they are my second team but the amount of diving done by Forsberg and Co have really turned me off on the Preds. Every time the Preds have lost a playoff game this year we have to sift through all the posts about how the refs cheated them, happened against us and the ducks, then already started again last night. I know every fan base complains about the refs (We do it here too) but my god you would think they were gods gift to hockey the way some of their posters complain here, they were a freaking 8th seed for gods sake not some 70 win team filled with stars. That's my little rant, Go Pens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad