GDT: bluescaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
If Colaiacovo had been on the receiving end of that crosscheck, his spleen would have ruptured.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Moulson has 5g 5a 10p in 17 games with the Wild, Gaborik has 3g 8a 11p in 16 games with the Kings, Legwand has 4g 7a 11p in 18 games with the Red Wings & Vanek has 6g 8a 14p in 15 games with the Habs. Everyone of those players would have helped us out.

Steen Oshie
Schwartz Tarasenko

Adding any winger to this team wasn't necessary IMO and Legwand was way too high of a price. They should have stayed pat

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
You know what drives me crazy? People who refuse to admit anything is wrong with this team ever. I remember in 2010-11, when we had an incredibly good start to the season, then had a ridiculous streak of injuries, including Oshie, Perron, and McDonald for most of the year. Some posters here weren't worried because we had the best record in the league. Then, after we had an extended losing streak, they still weren't worried. They weren't worried when we crossed under 500. Then they weren't worried when we were many points out of the last playoff spot, because there was still time left! Then after we traded for Stewart and Shatty, surely we were going to climb back in.

What you did 10, 20, 40 games ago doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that the Blues have a really good record. When you're on the verge of losing home ice and good playoff matchups because you can't score or put the puck in the net and haven't been able to for the last 10 games, it's time to worry.
Give me a break. There's a difference between the asanine sky is falling mentality that's taken over around here, and being concerned by their recent play:

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Steen Oshie
Schwartz Tarasenko

Adding any winger to this team wasn't necessary IMO and Legwand was way too high of a price. They should have stayed pat

Replace Stewart, have 3 lines that can score.

Steen Backes Oshie
Schwartz Roy Vanek
Berglund Sobotka Tarasenko

3 dangerous lines that spread evenly throughout the lineup. We are currently getting burned because our 3rd line has no one who can score.

illninofan*

It's official:

fpW9FYy.gif

It's time to panic.

Yoko Ono*

"Disinterested" is the perfect description of the team. See it every season from this group they just seemed to have waited till crunch time. Backing into the playoffs is dangerous.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Steen Oshie
Schwartz Tarasenko

Of which Frank is injured and hopefully will be back by the second round, if we're still in it and Steen who has been in and out (due to injuries of his own) and off since the Olympic break. So you wouldn't have rather traded Stewart for any one of those players over Ott? Okay, I guess we will just have to be in disagreement on that.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Steen has been ice cold for too long. Not sure where his game went! I sure do miss it.

edit

I am really concerned that there has been NOTHING stated yet on Backes. That is really BAD news usually.

TimtheDJ84*

Well,if you look at the penetration and puck movement early on in the year,it is vastly different than now. Players were basically no look passing it to the tape,guys in front, not so perimeter focused. It's a different looking team.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Well looking at the stats I'm pretty surprised especially by the blocked shots.

.......................WSH.....STL
Power Plays....... 2/4.....0/4
Hits...................10.......23
Faceoff Wins.......16.......42
Giveaways..........5.........4
Takeaways .........4.........4
Blocked Shots.....26.......6
Penalty Minutes....8.......10

TimtheDJ84*

Well looking at the stats I'm pretty surprised especially by the blocked shots.

I'm not. I said it on Facebook, that you can tell the Blues aren't getting in the lanes/blocking shots, as if they are trying to avoid injury.

TimtheDJ84*

The Blues won 72.5% of the draws. That should be an auto win most nights.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Of which Frank is injured and hopefully will be back by the second round, if we're still in it and Steen who has been in and out (due to injuries of his own) and off since the Olympic break. So you wouldn't have rather traded Stewart for any one of those players over Ott? Okay, I guess we will just have to be in disagreement on that.

You're going on the assumption those teams would have taken Stewart for those players. Of course I would rather have them over Stewart, but you don't know what the Blues would have had to give up in order to get those players.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Ugh, that was ugly. If Backes ends up being out for any extended time, the Blues might as well set up their golf times. All this talk about who we want to play will be moot if we don't have Backes or Frank.

I don't buy everyone saying the Blues are just focused on the playoffs and don't care. They are getting frustrated by how they are playing. I can see it. I saw it in the Colorado game with the chippiness. I saw it tonight with players pushing and trying to do too much. It's just was never 2 guys at once and wasn't for an extended amount of time.

Something is wrong with this team. It may just be Tarasenko was their heart and they are lost without him. They may have run out of gas with half the team in the Olympics. Whatever it is, I'd much rather the Blues be fighting for an 8 seed and playing well than hoping to hang on to the 1 seed and playing like this. The sky is not falling yet, but it looks pretty shaky.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Halak's fault. If he was in net, we would have won!

I'm not back checking to see if someone else said that already. :)

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Jeremy Gullion ‏@jgullion77 7m

@jprutherford Any news at all on @dbackes42??? The silence since he left the ice is really starting to worry a lot of us.

Delete
Favorite

Expand
Zach Carver ‏@Carving22 1m

@jgullion77 @jprutherford @dbackes42 broken foot
Hide conversation

Retweet
Favorite

8:00 PM - 8 Apr 2014 · Details
Tweet text
Reply to @Carving22 @jprutherford @dbackes42

Image will appear as a link
Jeremy Gullion ‏@jgullion77 now

@Carving22 @jprutherford @dbackes42 Please tell me you're joking?

Delete
Favorite

This has to be a joke right, I'm @jgullion77, just tweeted Rutherford and this is what was tweeted back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad