Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Wings *5pm (early game reminder)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
via Ansar Khan tweet,
lines at practice prior to tomorrow’s game vs. @StLouisBlues at @LCArena_Detroit

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Athanasiou-Filppula-Helm
Hirose-Nielsen-Svechnikov
Ehn-de la Rose-Smith

Erne skating.

Daley-Green
Hronek-Biega
Cholowski-Bowey

Nemeth not skating

EDIT:Blashill said Nemeth is good to go tomorrow
. Erne shooting for Tuesday. Abdelkader didn't skate today and remains out.

power play units in practice:
1. Bertuzzi (net front), Larkin (slot), Hronek-Hirose (half walls), Green (point).
2. Smith (net front), Filppula (slot), Athanasiou-Mantha (half walls), Cholowski (point).

Hirose must have a voodoo doll as he's on PP1, Mantha on PP2 & no Svech on either. With that D it won't make a difference but hopefully we can keep it close & get some bounces.​

Last edited:

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
No Tarasenko FYI

Should be interesting to see how Blashill loses us this one. I really believe that the Jeff Blashill led Red Wings can break the franchise and NHL record for most consecutive losses in a row.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I hate how Hirose is being treated as a vet while Svech is being treated as a rookie despite them being basically the same age...

Exactly. I don't get it.
Especially from a coach who talks about being heavy on the puck.
I think it might be coach's NCAA bias.

St Louis won't be happy after losing to the Bruins. Unless they have a cup hangover, I expect them to come out charging tomorrow.

Reactions: Realgud

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Our power play has been terrible for years. It spans head coaches, assistant coaches, and arenas. What is the common factor?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think they win this one, good for a change. It will be nice to bit the champion. 3:2.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Don’t agree with the decision of Mantha being on the second unit, but hopefully it somehow pays off.

Would also love to see Svech being on line 2 and helmer on line 3. I know Helmer is producing this year at a decent rate, but if the goal of this season is to develop our younger players, then we shouldn’t have older guys slotted higher than them.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
Attending game today, travelling from London, ON, do we take the tunnel,or the bridge? Any construction or traffic issues to the arena?
Also what time is on ice warmups, how much time before the game start, would think warmups start about 40 mins before game time? Thank you.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
St L played last night so with a earlier game plus them on a b2b this is likely for us to break the losing streak. I am unaware of this is a 3rd in 4 situation for the Lou but if it is that makes a W even more likely.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Our power play has been terrible for years. It spans head coaches, assistant coaches, and arenas. What is the common factor?
lack of both pp qb and any talent what so ever on the blue line , but according to cry babies its coaching . give blash burns n karlson on blue line and the cry babys deem blash a genius

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
The fact that for decades the only defensemen we've had capable of completing a pass were 2 broken old vets?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I think they win this one, good for a change. It will be nice to bit the champion. 3:2.

Like with Dallas etc. I think they have a better chance vs. WC teams.

I haven't seen much of the PG interviews but it gets painful losing so many. I'd like to see a win just to boost the morale.

As I've said, the Wings are in games. It's been super fast, skilled hockey. Maybe need a lucky bounce to swing the tide and generate some goals.

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Attending game today, travelling from London, ON, do we take the tunnel,or the bridge? Any construction or traffic issues to the arena?
Also what time is on ice warmups, how much time before the game start, would think warmups start about 40 mins before game time? Thank you.

Take the tunnel brings right downtown and it is cheaper than the bridge as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad