Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Wild -- Half Assed Streaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Hutton is toast. Sure he plays behind Buffalo’s D, but he’s at best a side grade to Husso, and he’s been injury prone in his Buffalo tenure
Hutton now has an eye issue that's prevents him from tracking moving objects accurately.

His one eye moves slower than the other

Reactions: Brian39

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk showing how to leave alone hot scorer and Calder winner at last minute of 3rd period.

All-star defensive play by Faulk.:clap:

Yet again Faulk caught no man's land. Hockey IQ 0.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Whoa! They win it to spite Husso! Until that 3rd goal against Husso I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on Erikson Ek, and Fiala's fast shots. Talbot and Husso were having a low sub .90 save percentage battle. Kyrou has a tough and productive game (tough being him acting as a pinata without the sticks and blindfold).

Husso stole a point for Wild tonight.

OMG, that is all that I should have said about Husso.

Captain my captain, freaking ROR for the win! Two goals, putting the win on his stick again!

Reactions: Blueston

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, get over it, Petro left. Husso's not that good either.

That was an exciting win that would have been devastating to lose in OT. The guys who have been hot stayed hot, and ROR, Bozak, Hoffman and the kids led the way once again. I won't pile on Husso that much as we did leave him hanging out to dry on most of those goals but yeah I don't feel comfortable with him going forward.

The Wild seem to be coming back down to Earth. Dumba and Brodin have had a pretty rough two games, Dumba especially.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
It was Husso's fault? Soft goal, inside of hash marks?

The last goal was the most suspect, if Husso would have been up and set (or at least looking big in the butterfly) instead of slip sliding back and forth, there's a chance he could have had the angle. He was lost like your target of angst was lost and therefore goal against.

I want to fault Husso on the 3rd goal, but it was a screen shot that I've seen Binny get beat on this year too.

The 2nd goal was a one timer from an angle that should have been an easy save, but Husso was down because of the style he plays and was not able to flash the glove.

Goal one was straight over the glove from a close enough area to give any goalie trouble (but saveable). We've seen Erikson Ek score these kind of goals before.

We can go back and forth, forever. Point is, between Husso and Faulk, Faulk brings far more to this team in helping them win than Husso does when it comes to consistency.

I empathize with your hate boner for Faulk: you see his contract as part of the issue, that in your mind, sent Petro away (don't forget about Krug).

Ranksu, it's time to save the Petro depression for the off-season, and let's focus on the Blues looking similar to the champs we know and love, and enjoy some Blues Hockey!

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
People critiquing Husso's play are apparently ignoring, well, everything else. They must be lifelong terrible HS-level defensemen

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Really? This sounds like fake injury.
No, I'm pretty sure it's true.

marty-feldman.jpg

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Faulk showing how to leave alone hot scorer and Calder winner at last minute of 3rd period.

All-star defensive play by Faulk.:clap:

Yet again Faulk caught no man's land. Hockey IQ 0.

Not sure what you're looking for him to do there. They were pretty clearly playing a zone coverage scheme with so many bodies on the ice 6-on-5, as most teams do. It was a good play by Minnesota, and sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team for making a good play. You're clearly just looking for reasons to blame Faulk for every goal that gets scored while he's on the ice.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
People critiquing Husso's play are apparently ignoring, well, everything else. They must be lifelong terrible HS-level defensemen
The GDTs when he plays can be really frustrating, reading over and over again "Husso sucks" every time he lets in a goal when the response to Binnington letting in the exact same goal would be "Well, he's kept us in the game so far". Husso made some really great saves last night that literally kept us in the game. There wasn't much he (or any goalie) could do on the first two goals. The 3rd and 4th goals I felt like he was off his angle a bit (3rd) and too deep in his net (4th) and you can see that he is still struggling a bit with his glove positioning, but the Wild had good pressure and got us on our heels late in the game so they were getting some good looks, too. There is plenty there to like about Husso's game, but he is going to have to work on a couple of things if he is going to keep the job next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad