GDT: Blues @ Wild 10/10/15 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
not a great sign that he's gone back to STL for assessment. Unless the whole team went there before continuing on to Calgary.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
not a great sign that he's gone back to STL for assessment. Unless the whole team went there before continuing on to Calgary.

Yea, the whole team is returning. He will be on the radio tonight, with it being a "head injury". I wouldn't think it's severe.....?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yea, the whole team is returning. He will be on the radio tonight, with it being a "head injury". I wouldn't think it's severe.....?

He's probably just going through the routine "concussion protocol", which is MUCH more strict and careful than should generally be needed, just to be on the safe side. I really doubt that he has a concussion, based on what I remember of the hit. I expect him to play against Calgary.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

well alrighty then. I guess we will just continue to know nothing until we know something. Since it's the Blues I'll just assume he's out for the year :help:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I watched it on DVR, but deleted it, and it looked like Fabbri took an elbow to the head about 3 minutes in. He kept playing, but ended his shift a little early. He never fell to the ice, so maybe a stiff neck or slight concussion and they wanted to play in safe in game 2.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I watched it on DVR, but deleted it, and it looked like Fabbri took an elbow to the head about 3 minutes in. He kept playing, but ended his shift a little early. He never fell to the ice, so maybe a stiff neck or slight concussion and they wanted to play in safe in game 2.
Did it look dirty or just an accident?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Super. Do you guys think he'll go back down to Junior after this or stick with the big club. Don't get me wrong I love what the kid brings to the team, they really need his speed, but it scares me to death to see him on the ice when it just seems like Robby is made of glass at this stage of his young career.

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Which line was Fabbri playing?? Gomez is a natural center but should only be on 2nd or 3rd line.

Good question. I'd guess:

Schwartz-Lehtera-Jaskin
Brouwer-Gomez-Backes

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Backes and Jaskin switched. The other option is:

Schwartz-Lehtera-Jaskin
Upshall-Backes-Brouwer

But I'd prefer they brought up the Ratman for the Backes line and only use Gomez and Upshall for spot duty. Certainly, this may be the outcome if Fabbri's out for more than a week. After all, Hitch said himself (or was it Army) that Rattie didn't deserve to return to the Wolves (nor did Lindbohm) based on their camps.

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Super. Do you guys think he'll go back down to Junior after this or stick with the big club. Don't get me wrong I love what the kid brings to the team, they really need his speed, but it scares me to death to see him on the ice when it just seems like Robby is made of glass at this stage of his young career.

Fabbri is not returning to junior. He gains nothing developmentally by playing there. He's better off recuperating under the eyes of Blues' doctors and practicing with the team when he's ready to skate.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri is not returning to junior. He gains nothing developmentally by playing there. He's better off recuperating under the eyes of Blues' doctors and practicing with the team when he's ready to skate.

This, iirc he stayed with the Blues after TC to heal then returned to Juniors, even when he had his high ankle sprain he stayed with the Blues.

There's nothing you can do to prepare for concussions. Porter caught him really good. As you can see from the video he didn't shatter...he continued to play until it was obvious something was wrong. As Thigpen said, there's nothing for him in Juniors. He's worked damn hard to make the NHL, it would be disheartening if he got bounced out by a guy that can barely hold an NHL job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad