GDT: Blues vs. Wild| Playoff Preview?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Wow awesome game tonight, knew it was gonna be a fun one. Big daddy Vladdy to Robbie Thomas for the OT winner, their chemistry is really heating up right now.

Also this might be the best Schenn has looked for the Blues that I can remember even tho he’s always been a great player for us.
you can see it .. then buchy ? that line is lethal

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The problem with Minnesota is that they don't really have any game breakers outside of Kaprisov...whereas the Blues have Tarasenko, Thomas, Buchnevich, and Kyrou.

Can we add Schenn to that list? That was a hell of an individual play to tie the game. He's really a total package of a hockey player, and he's proving to be a very wise signing by Army.

Wow, talk about a playoff-style game. The refs put the whistles away for the most part and it just felt like a playoff atmosphere where every mistake was magnified and everyone played with a bit more intensity. A few observations:

The bad Thomas pass that led to Kaprisov's goal was unfortunate, and shows how important it is for everyone to be on the same page. Maybe Mikkola was a bit rusty after not playing much, but that was one of the few times we didn't make the "safe play" and it burned us. The 3rd defensive pair is a big concern as I feel they are on the ice for many of our diciest moments. Top teams need to be able to rely on all 3 pairs in big games, so hope Krug can come back soon and give the back end a boost.

What more to say about Husso? He was locked in all night and made some big saves at big moments to keep us in the game.

Faulk has been so good, especially recently, that one could make the argument he's been the MVP of our team this season. He's been so solid defensively and making plays on offense. He's really exceeding expectations this year and taking it to the next level.

Gotta love the way the boys didn't give up and fought hard until the end. Sure, the Wild had the momentum for much of the second but we took it back and finished the game strong. The Wild are a handful of a team playing really well, and I think this rivalry is gonna heat up quite a bit by the end of this postseason.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yep, we're the same fanbase that has a large group of people calling Schenn washed up earlier in the season due to him having a bad stretch of games when he was playing while his ribs were cracked.

Also said Perron wasn't worth more than $3M max when he was recovering from stuff early in the year. Now he's had 27 points in his last 23 games. He's now at a 30+g, 70 point pace for the year (pace meaning if he played 82 at the scoring rate, not that he'll hit those numbers). 25+g, 60+ point guy for $3M, huh?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Also said Perron wasn't worth more than $3M max when he was recovering from stuff early in the year. Now he's had 27 points in his last 23 games. He's now at a 30+g, 70 point pace for the year (pace meaning if he played 82 at the scoring rate, not that he'll hit those numbers). 25+g, 60+ point guy for $3M, huh?
There is difference between saying we can only afford to pay him x and he is only worth x. I think Perron comments were almost all the former.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad