GDT: Blues vs. Wild| Playoff Preview?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
That Vladdy to Thomas connection was great.

Walker needs to stay in the lineup. I don’t care about his size. Dude hustles, has Speedo’s physical, holds his own and can point in limited minutes.

Also loving Vladdy’s back checking lately. Such a huge add to his resume in addition to his strong offensive game.
I've noticed his strong backchecking as well. He's evolved into sort of a 200' player.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Talbot was 9-0-1 in his last 10 starts coming into the game. Don’t really think the Fleury part is accurate there.

Also Kyrou > Boldy, but Krug/Dumba is a fair trade off.
I don’t think Talbot is good at all. Just my opinion but his numbers aren’t that good and we have never had trouble against him. I’ll still take Fleury over him on my team any day.

Sure Kyrou is better but Boldy and Dumba are still good players for them so overall just pointing out that we weren’t the only ones that aren’t fully healthy. Jordie Benn is AWFUL and he’s the guy that Schenn walked. If Dumba is in over him, that’s a big upgrade.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
The Blues have showed some guts and determination lately. I was really worried that they wouldn't right the ship enough before the playoffs. But now, I've got the feeling that they may be okay. I didn't see Kyrou tonight, at all. But, he came back last game. So why was he out tonight?
Anyone have any idea what sickness it is? It can't be COVID because it would have been made public if he had tested positive. Food poisoning? Bronchitis? Mono???? Who knows?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great win. Wild and Blues will be a great playoff matchup.
The Blues used to beat them with their heavy game. But The Wild has picked up a lot of size, weight and muscle since then, and still skate pretty well, and have enough skill, and with Talbot hot, and Fleury added, they will be tough to beat. The Blues will need to be on their best game, and Kyrou and Thomas will need to break out to another level, and Toropchenko, Barbashev, Buchnevich, will need to rise to another level, as well. And, I hope Krug will be back, and not rusty. Parayko will have to kick his game up, as well. I think Husso will end up playing every game. And it would be nice if HE can also kick his game up a notch, too.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Plus the Wild were missing Dumba, Boldy and Fleury so it was pretty even.
dumba is a joke and kitten soft. the chris stewart of defensemen.

i will never forget him in borderline tears in a fox sports interview in 2017 after jake stole game 1. it was the saddest thing ive ever seen from a pro hockey player and i knew that series was over after 1 game.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Mikkola and Bortuzzo didn't look like a decent pairing on that shift that gave up the goal. It's a shame that they gave up a goal with a little over a minute left in the period, as The Blues played so well all period long.
Miko has that effect on pairings. Liked Rosen in there.

Reactions: Robb_K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad