GDT: Blues vs. Vegas| 7pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
He was a place holder. When this team is fully healthy, he’s not a top 6.

Except he wasn't.
He's been playing a top 6 role since February of the Cup run.
He was playing there because he showed a bit of chemistry with ROR and Perron.
We could have easily put Thomas on with Schenn and Vladdy/Kyrou and moved Schwartz to the ROR line.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Except he wasn't.
We could have easily put Thomas on with Schenn and Vladdy/Kyrou and moved Schwartz to the ROR line.
Hoffman should have been with RoR--Perron at the beginning of the year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Except he wasn't.
When he is engaged he is legit top 6 guy. Problem is he is too often not engaged. But he has had several good games in a row now.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Hoffman should have been with RoR--Perron at the beginning of the year.

Exactly.
In the 2 years that Sanford has played a top 6 role; we have always had options to drop him down in the lineup.
We simply chose not to do it.

As I said, he did show legitimate chemistry with ROR and Perron so it wasn't completely unreasonable; but we have had alternatives.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Except he wasn't.

I’m saying he wont be a top 6 when this team is healthy.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I’m saying he wont be a top 6 when this team is healthy.

Not sure that statement is true either.
It's going to depend on chemistry. IF Hoffman looks better next to Bozak/Thomas; expect Sanford to be back on the ROR line.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Maybe it’s a hot take. But I think Sanford is a top 6 talent. He’s just so damn inconsistent in his effort that he’s a 3rd liner at best

Reactions: Blueston

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I love this team, but I think this isn't our year...too many injuries....compacted and shortened schedule...

That being said, we didn't make the playoffs the year before we won the Cup. This might be one of those years. There are moments the team looks fantastic and other moments where they implode. I think this is Vegas' window, so they will throw everything at it. My hope is that somebody blows up their narrative. There's no other team in our division I hate more. Anybody but Vegas.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
I love this team, but I think this isn't our year...too many injuries....compacted and shortened schedule...

That being said, we didn't make the playoffs the year before we won the Cup. This might be one of those years. There are moments the team looks fantastic and other moments where they implode. I think this is Vegas' window, so they will throw everything at it. My hope is that somebody blows up their narrative. There's no other team in our division I hate more. Anybody but Vegas.

I don't know. You just have to make the dance. If they get healthy at the right time and get it going, as long as they make the playoffs, anything could happen.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If i had to name 5 players I wouldn’t want to be without, 2 of them are out currently.

And that’s not counting Thomas. He’d make it three of 7 or 8 players I wouldn’t want to be without. We’ll get heathy soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad