GDT: Blues vs. Vegas| 7pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Losing 5-4 doesn't seem bad at all given the context, in fact I think it's a promising sign this team could be deadly if The Schwartz be with us.(And the big guy on D he's kind of important).

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Losing 5-4 doesn't seem bad at all given the context, in fact I think it's a promising sign this team could be deadly if The Schwartz be with us.(And the big guy on D he's kind of important).
Schwartz, Parayko, and also Bozak and Thomas will ALL help. The latter two plus Schwartz will ALL be added to The Top 9 to get Blais and Sanford off of dragging down scoring lines, and provide better depth for covering day-to-day injuries, and allowing players to get some rest in this hectic schedule. They also eat more minutes than the players who come out of the lineup when they return, so players like O'Reilly, Schenn, Perron, and others won't have to eat so many more minutes in an already tiring schedule. The Blues were running on fumes for several games in a row. It's a miracle that they didn't go 3-7 over the last 10 games. With everyone back, The Blues should be able to hold their own against the top teams in The West.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m glad Tarasenko got a goal, but I don’t think I’ve seen him actually shoot a wrist shot yet. He just needs to keep playing, but right now the game looks like it’s happening too fast for him. A couple greasy goals will help his confidence, but I’m watching for him to start firing the puck like we are used to seeing.

Encouraging news that Bozak, Schwartz and Parayko are progressing. We could use some fresh troops.

Kaprizov looks like the real deal. I think Minnesota is going to be a team to be reckoned with. I no longer care which of the 4 playoff spots the Blues get. I also don’t mind if Vegas is the first round opponent. Just have to stay in front of Kings and Coyotes.

Reactions: mike1320

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I’m glad Tarasenko got a goal, but I don’t think I’ve seen him actually shoot a wrist shot yet. He just needs to keep playing, but right now the game looks like it’s happening too fast for him. A couple greasy goals will help his confidence, but I’m watching for him to start firing the puck like we are used to seeing.

Encouraging news that Bozak, Schwartz and Parayko are progressing. We could use some fresh troops.

Kaprizov looks like the real deal. I think Minnesota is going to be a team to be reckoned with. I no longer care which of the 4 playoff spots the Blues get. I also don’t mind if Vegas is the first round opponent. Just have to stay in front of Kings and Coyotes.
I want 4th Seed. We are god awful at home. Keep us on the road as much as possible.

Reactions: mike1320

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Like 95% of this board is infatuated with Pietrangelo

Nah, I think it's only a couple of people who can't get over it. I wish people would just ignore them when they keep bringing it up after every single game.

Tough way to lose, but it was a fun game to watch. The Blues got a couple of breaks from the refs, but we had too many missed assignments on defense. Kyrou got caught a couple of times, and Binny let up some rebounds that the Knights capitalized on. Great to see Vladi put one on the board, though he still looks a bit rusty overall. Sanford continues to heat up and for the love of God Sundqvist please be careful!

Reactions: stl76 and Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Petro plays 2 and a half minutes more than anyone else on their team. He’s their best Dman. Regardless, both team healthy and the Knights are still clearly the better team.
I think that isnt allowed to say in here.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It’s been a while since the Blues have played a team that forechecks with such speed — they just take away all the space. As the game went on the Blues adjusted to the tempo and did well. Kyrou seemed particularly overwhelmed with the lack of time and space in the first period, but adjusted offensively really well. Defensively, you could see the gears turning but just a little late, and that cost us. That defensive assignment as F3 takes the ability to think and react quickly defensively. This is a learning opportunity as he now has experience playing against this kind of hockey, and I think it’s a good thing that this is a back-to-back: no time to dwell on it and instead gets another chance to apply what he learned

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It seemed like there was a lot of hype about Kyrou's defensive game after a nice back check earlier this year. Last night really drove home the point of just how far his defensive game still has to go IMO.

Kyrou is such a dynamic and impactful layer when he is playing with intensity...if he can consistently bring intensity to the defensive side of the game then the sky is truly the limit for him!

Reactions: Blueston

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It seemed like there was a lot of hype about Kyrou's defensive game after a nice back check earlier this year. Last night really drove home the point of just how far his defensive game still has to go IMO.

Kyrou is such a dynamic and impactful layer when he is playing with intensity...if he can consistently bring intensity to the defensive side of the game then the sky is truly the limit for him!
That gaff could have happened to anyone. He's been defensively excellent nearly every game. He's tied in Takeways with ROR for team lead at 13. That's nearly twice as many as DP57. He's been excellent along the boards in the neutral zone, and excellent at pressuring the breakout in the DZ. He's also had the fewest amount of Giveaway for anyone that has played a majority of games and isn't getting less than 12 minutes of ice time.

He's currently 4th in Fenwick, and 4th at CF% for forwards on the team.

Yesterday was a learning curve for EVERY player on the Blues.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
That gaff could have happened to anyone. He's been defensively excellent nearly every game. He's tied in Takeways with ROR for team lead at 13. That's nearly twice as many as DP57. He's been excellent along the boards in the neutral zone, and excellent at pressuring the breakout in the DZ. He's also had the fewest amount of Giveaway for anyone that has played a majority of games and isn't getting less than 12 minutes of ice time.

He's currently 4th in Fenwick, and 4th at CF% for forwards on the team.

Yesterday was a learning curve for EVERY player on the Blues.
Takeaways and possession stats are great, but there have been way too many times he has lost his man in the d-zone or lost position defending the rush and the puck ended up in the back of the net. I would wager his possession stats would not look so hot is he was forced to play tougher/more defensive minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad