GDT: Blues vs. Sharks| FSMW, 9:30pm|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Binnington is like Chris Carpenter was for the Cardinals. Plays his best when he plays with fire and emotion. I expect a outstanding game from him in his next start.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Mar 6, 2012
I loved this game. Reminded me of the 90s style sloppy hockey I loved so much.

In so many ways the game has improved, but I think it was more fun back then. Less structure and more emotion.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If Binner just solemnly skates to the locker room after being pulled I don’t think we win that game. That fire and energy woke the boys up. They didn’t play particularly smart hockey the rest of the way, but they were definitely on their toes. Let’s keep that energy, but with some semblance of structure next game.
Absolutely 100% agreed. I don't think any of the sharks players were even chirping him (look at the reaction of the first sharks player Binner shoved by the bench, he is completely dumbfounded lol). This was a calculated move and it worked.

Mar 6, 2012
I think someone did say something... just not the guy he pushed. He was just sorta there at the wrong time.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
What would it take for the Blues to HAVE to call up Neighbours aside from the team plane literally crashing in Antioquia? Cause shit they might as well just do it now before we're playing Walman on wing again in a week lmao
We could call him up now as an emergency recall. I don't know what it accomplishes other than not having to put various other players in, though. Taking our 1st-round pick who's now played 2 competitive games in the WHL since last March, throwing him into the NHL and asking him to immediately acclimate to the speed of the NHL game seems like ... a really bad idea. Yes, he gets an idea of what to expect. No, he's not going to jump in and contribute; you're probably playing him say 5 minutes on the 4th line and trying to line-match so he's not overwhelmed and exploited.

Reactions: Blueston

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
This was by far my most favorite game to watch this year. I'd love to see this all the time from the NHL honestly.

Pissed off Binnington is the best Binnington. He's probably going to take a ton of shit from the PC mob on Twitter and Reddit, god knows what the hockey media will do......but give me that 100 times out of 100. I love guys who wear it on their sleeve. Last year we were floating along around .500 until that dust up he had with Clifford and then all of a sudden we got our shit together and went on a run, topping the Conference. Not sure if it's going to happen twice, but the boys clearly needed a spark. The confidence is not high on this team right now, so guess what? If our guy stirring it up a little bit is what gets them going, what's the harm? Kane slashed Husso's hand in mid-air, then sucker punched a guy he wasn't even looking at, you don't see anyone freaking out about that, b/c duh, this is hockey. It's fast, physical, and emotions run high. Don't be a greaseball who's actually trying to injure people like a Wilson or a Marchand, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting in a team's kitchen and rattling the pans a little bit. I'm much more upset about the Blais hit then what Binnington did.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
This was by far my most favorite game to watch this year. I'd love to see this all the time from the NHL honestly.

Pissed off Binnington is the best Binnington. He's probably going to take a ton of shit from the PC mob on Twitter and Reddit, god knows what the hockey media will do......but give me that 100 times out of 100. I love guys who wear it on their sleeve. Last year we were floating along around .500 until that dust up he had with Clifford and then all of a sudden we got our shit together and went on a run, topping the Conference. Not sure if it's going to happen twice, but the boys clearly needed a spark. The confidence is not high on this team right now, so guess what? If our guy stirring it up a little bit is what gets them going, what's the harm? Kane slashed Husso's hand in mid-air, then sucker punched a guy he wasn't even looking at, you don't see anyone freaking out about that, b/c duh, this is hockey. It's fast, physical, and emotions run high. Don't be a greaseball who's actually trying to injure people like a Wilson or a Marchand, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting in a team's kitchen and rattling the pans a little bit. I'm much more upset about the Blais hit then what Binnington did.

It's already started. Somehow the YouTube algorithm is sending me videos of this incident.

The Binny / Blues haters love talking about it.

F 'em all. I thought it was great. Nobody got hurt and the Blues won the game.

Let's move on.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
We could call him up now as an emergency recall. I don't know what it accomplishes other than not having to put various other players in, though. Taking our 1st-round pick who's now played 2 competitive games in the WHL since last March, throwing him into the NHL and asking him to immediately acclimate to the speed of the NHL game seems like ... a really bad idea. Yes, he gets an idea of what to expect. No, he's not going to jump in and contribute; you're probably playing him say 5 minutes on the 4th line and trying to line-match so he's not overwhelmed and exploited.
It was just a random thought I had about how long it would take for the Blues to have to call up someone like him (since he's about the only guy in NA playing that's not in the AHL). We have hopefully enough forwards to last us the entire season, but Vegas probably said the same thing about their goalie situation back in 17-18. I'm not actually seriously considering calling him up, it was more of a joke lol

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It was just a random thought I had about how long it would take for the Blues to have to call up someone like him (since he's about the only guy in NA playing that's not in the AHL). We have hopefully enough forwards to last us the entire season, but Vegas probably said the same thing about their goalie situation back in 17-18. I'm not actually seriously considering calling him up, it was more of a joke lol
Don't worry, I'm positive someone out in Blues Land is very seriously pitching this idea.

Reactions: ezcreepin

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Im at work now.

i got to go to Germany to visit a plant that made power tools in 1988
there was a soda machine and right next to it was another soda machine, only it had beer in it
i have always been disappointed that concept never made it here

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
i got to go to Germany to visit a plant that made power tools in 1988
there was a soda machine and right next to it was another soda machine, only it had beer in it
i have always been disappointed that concept never made it here
We dont have that. We have even more strict what comes to alcohol. For ex. You vacant drink in hockey games where you sit. There is area where you drive drink only.

And let's talk how bad problem alcohol is for finnish ppl.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Binnington is one of a kind. I hope someone makes a movie about his career some day.

I was trying to trying to think of another goalie who might have done that. Of current NHL guys the one I could see exit a game the same way would be Quick in his prime. He was feisty as hell, too, maybe still is. If I were Berube, I wouldn’t say a word to Binnington about it, or maybe just make a joke about Dubnyk ducking him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Binnington is one of a kind. I hope someone makes a movie about his career some day.

I was trying to trying to think of another goalie who might have done that. Of current NHL guys the one I could see exit a game the same way would be Quick in his prime. He was feisty as hell, too, maybe still is. If I were Berube, I wouldn’t say a word to Binnington about it, or maybe just make a joke about Dubnyk ducking him.
Hextall. In fact, if we don’t re-sign him, don’t be surprised if he ends up in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Spear and mike1320

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

Holtby, Quick, Tuuka, Mike Smith come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad