GDT: Blues vs. Sharks| FSMW, 9:30pm|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Pack up and get onto Anaheim as fast as possible. And make sure the defense gets on this flight, or see if it got rerouted to Anaheim early

Reactions: Ridge1982

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
How's not having Pietrangelo turning out? Blues really could use him right now and just like I predicted not signing him is coming back to haunt the Blues.

Your prediction is bullshit. Go look at the stats for the year. Advanced or not, Faulk AND Krug are outperforming your precious Pietrangelo.

He still should be there. The hockey gods are cursing the Blues with all the injuries cause they didn't sign their only captain to do that.

Seriously, just go over to the VGK board and stay there.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
upload_2021-2-28_0-26-12.gif

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Your prediction is bullshit. Go look at the stats for the year. Advanced or not, Faulk AND Krug are outperforming your precious Pietrangelo.

So you’re saying that Faulk + Krug => Pie?

I’d hope so, there’s two of them lol.

I’m being funny here. Faulk has been a very nice surprise and Krug has an extra gear at times.

What we need at D isn’t Pie (though I wouldn’t complain if that happened), it’s someone like JayBo. His loss is sorely felt.

Given the lack of depth at D w/injuries and a few players who really need sheltering, Faulk and Krug have to “Play better than Pie.”

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Is this the worst looking victory The Blues have ever gotten? (Notice I didn't write "ever earned".)

It was so bad I figured we were done earlier. Happy I’m wrong. The boys can play like trash for all I care if they can scrape out a win. Glad to see them do it, ESPECIALLY AGAINST THE SHARKS

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This was not hard hockey. Both teams looked bad tonight, with Dubnyk the worst player on the ice. I felt like I Was watching a peewee game. This is a looong way from the tight trapping game the Kings want to play. Why couldn’t we have played San Jose 7 straight?

I agree with the decision to pull Binnington. I think his play is deteriorating lately, and with the injuries the team is putting him in tough spots. There’s danger of him losing some confidence. I also liked how Berube worked the officials. I think he made a difference there as the game went along.

Fun to watch, but not a model of how you want to be playing when the postseason rolls around. But the 2 points are still valid.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Posting in an epic thread. Hilarious game, was literally lol'ing for most of it. f***ing Binnington man, holy shit :laugh:

I have a feeling this will be something of a turning point game for the Blues' season.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
How's not having Pietrangelo turning out? Blues really could use him right now and just like I predicted not signing him is coming back to haunt the Blues.

You're absolutely crazy if you think adding another Dman who's having a crappy season to the team would fix the fact we have 7 of our players out with injury.

Not cool by Binny. Takes shot at EK and then at Sharks goalie on way out. Way to leave turd in lunch bowl for your replacement.

it absolutely was cool. Thank god someone on this team gives a f***.

Does it matter? That was stupid and selfish. He hasn’t been very good tonight and has no one to blame but himself.

I guess he put the Blues on the PK all night all by himself.

He gave up his net on the second goal diving for a puck outside the paint and missed. He got caught too deep in his net on the third goal and left himself vulnerable to the screen. I don’t think we even need to talk about the fourth goal.

I dunno, maybe if the team played defense he wouldn't have to play flawlessly to win a game.

I love this so much.

I think Army had in GM meeting bet on some GM, that can you Army blow up your Stanley Cup team in 2-year and make them bubble team. Army - "hold my beer".

I'm sure Armstrong also put bets on how many players the Blues could lose to injury. This team performed perfectly fine against Colorado and Vegas while we were healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
What would it take for the Blues to HAVE to call up Neighbours aside from the team plane literally crashing in Antioquia? Cause shit they might as well just do it now before we're playing Walman on wing again in a week lmao

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Well, that was an interesting amateur (checks notes) NHL game. lol

Binny had a rough night, loved his exit though. Showing he has fight. He had some good saves and some just absolutely weird easy goals against.

The former NHL goalie known as Devin Dubynk is making that absolute turd of Martin Jones look capable this year.

Sammy Blais still playing on that edge of recklessness.

It's not a Blues mid game melt down if we don't get a Perron offensive zone penalty. ;)

OH man Kane, you're team had a chance there with 1.5 (checks notes) 2.4 seconds left on the clock and you just about derailed it by trying to go after the one guy who gets is rear kicked by his own team.

I am happy for win for the moral alone for the boys, but barely beating SJ is not going to deter other teams confidence against us.

On the bright side, with all of the injuries, now is the time to start giving our youngsters chances to do stuff (bring them up from the A and the Juniors, I don't care from where, just try stuff).

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

This is why I put the guy on ignore. All he wants to do is get a rise out of people. I guess it's a hobby for some people.

Crazy win last night that should give us some momentum, although we wouldn't have won without Dubnyk letting in several softies. At least they played with fire and urgency like we needed, even if the overall team defense was shoddy. Walker looked pretty outmatched out there, but I guess that's to be expected when he hasn't played an NHL game for so long. Interesting that coach gave him over 16 mins of ice time.

Nice to see Scandella bounce back, he was clearly the player of the game for us. And you gotta love Binnington's attitude to get the boys fired up....guarantee Berube likes it. Fans shouldn't expect perfection, but it's nice to see a little fire when things aren't going well.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I stopped watching after the 1st period, it was too late here on the East Coast, but it sounds like we need a defensemen or three

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If Binner just solemnly skates to the locker room after being pulled I don’t think we win that game. That fire and energy woke the boys up. They didn’t play particularly smart hockey the rest of the way, but they were definitely on their toes. Let’s keep that energy, but with some semblance of structure next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad