Post-Game Talk: Blues vs. Sens, Nov. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyMagic

Jun 22, 2005
Really wasn't impressed with the Blues at all. Sens hit the net and they take at least a point, if not 2. The PP to start the 3rd and final couple minutes weren't good at all for the Sens.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Was at this one. Zib was a beast, EK made some nice plays and some absolutely terrible ones. Pretty standard for him.

Three brutal misses of the net in the third period from prime scoring areas was just a killer. EK missed the net by like 5 feet from the high slot and Bobby's missed a couple too.

Overall, they didn't play that bad, they just couldn't pull the win out of this one.

Onto the next one.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
our 2nd best goal scorer played 3rd least forward mins today.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Ryan comes down the wing, has all the time, half an empty top corner and he misses it by 5 feet.

Brutal.

This is one of those games where we lost because we lacked top-end talent on offense to win against hard-nosed defensive teams. Ryan missing didn't help.

We didn't play that bad at all. We need Methot back badly though. Argh, hurry the **** up.

No mention of Zibby having all the time in the world and firing three feet over the net, huh?

At least your biases are obvious.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Everyone on the team was missing the net. Obviously, with a guy like Ryan you're paying him the big bucks to hit that shot. oh well.

I just don't understand how the Sens miss so many shots. Every single year the same thing. Miss miss miss miss.

5 shots in the 3rd period. We had lots of chances just never hit the net. Elliot didn't even look good either, constantly bobbling the puck and giving up rebounds. too bad we couldn't make him pay.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
No mention of Zibby having all the time in the world and firing three feet over the net, huh?

At least your biases are obvious.

Man, your posts are getting worse and worse. Are you comparing Ryan's chance near the low slot with no one infront of him and half open top corner to Zibanejad's chance where he had a defender directly on him near the blueline and he missed the net terribly?

There's bias... and there's a knowledge for the game. Also, I'm more critical on Ryan cause he's already an established sniper who's supposed to play like the 7 million we expect, lol @ comparing him to Zibanejad in the first place(even though the chances were nothing alike as indicated).

Obviously, with a guy like Ryan you're paying him the big bucks to hit that shot. oh well.

No, bro. How could you say that, obvious bias.

MikeyMagic

Jun 22, 2005
I totally agree with the guy (Patrick Sharp?) that said shooting percentage doesn't matter. A better stat would be goals for shot attempts. I'd be willing to bet EK and Turris would be pretty low percentages.

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
Ryan comes down the wing, has all the time, half an empty top corner and he misses it by 5 feet.

Brutal.

This is one of those games where we lost because we lacked top-end talent on offense to win against hard-nosed defensive teams. Ryan missing didn't help.

We didn't play that bad at all. We need Methot back badly though. Argh, hurry the **** up.

5 feet?

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
was at the game. EK was not impressive at all... gives up a durdly breakaway early on (just bounces the puck off his skate on a routine pass iirc...) and then with 1 minute left when you just want to get a ******* shot on net and faceoff in the opponents zone he tries a stretch pass to the opponents blue line that is easily picked off in the middle of the ice by st louis...

I've also never seen so many "passes to nobody" in one game. It's like half the team was channeling their inner Spezza.

And yeah, we miss the net way too much. I know shooting in the bread basket is bad too, but christ put something low in the pads and get a rebound once in a while?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Man, your posts are getting worse and worse. Are you comparing Ryan's chance near the low slot with no one infront of him and half open top corner to Zibanejad's chance where he had a defender directly on him near the blueline and he missed the net terribly?

There's bias... and there's a knowledge for the game. Also, I'm more critical on Ryan cause he's already an established sniper who's supposed to play like the 7 million we expect, lol @ comparing him to Zibanejad in the first place(even though the chances were nothing alike as indicated).

No, bro. How could you say that, obvious bias.

You seem to continually harp on Ryan which is very odd considering he's on a three point streak right now and he made a great play to set up a goal. Yes, he missed an opportunity but at least he got himself the opportunity as opposed to the complete lack of opportunities registered by the rest of our team, most noticeably the top line.

You go on about hockey knowledge but guess what, the opportunity Zibby had unabated to the goalie where he wound up and fired wide is a GREAT goal scoring opportunity. And when comparing goal scoring opps, Zbad and Ryan should be compared because they both could have scored.

And speaking of hockey knowledge, Ryan is not making $7 million this year. He's still one of our leading scorers despite coming off a groin surgery and an obvious wrist injury and not playing on our top line, so maybe instead of harping on him, give him a chance to get to 100% and focus your criticism on some of the other forwards who contributed nothing today.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You seem to continually harp on Ryan which is very odd considering he's on a three point streak right now and he made a great play to set up a goal. Yes, he missed an opportunity but at least he got himself the opportunity as opposed to the complete lack of opportunities registered by the rest of our team, most noticeably the top line.

You go on about hockey knowledge but guess what, the opportunity Zibby had unabated to the goalie where he wound up and fired wide is a GREAT goal scoring opportunity. And when comparing goal scoring opps, Zbad and Ryan should be compared because they both could have scored.

And speaking of hockey knowledge, Ryan is not making $7 million this year. He's still one of our leading scorers despite coming off a groin surgery and an obvious wrist injury and not playing on our top line, so maybe instead of harping on him, give him a chance to get to 100% and focus your criticism on some of the other forwards who contributed nothing today.

Ya. Like Condra. That bum didn't contribute a lick today.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I hope EK buys Lehner a couple drinks tonight when they hit up Junxion for bailing him out so many times.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
blues are a great team and are better in the majority of aspects of the game so it was a good measurement game

we were in the entire game and that was solid

I'm pretty sure Blues fans were not happy with their team in this game.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
GG, Sens fans. Just watched the game Sens have a chippiness to their game like the Blues.

And to the poster above who said we're not happy with their play: Overall, you are correct, but theyve won some games. They've been seemingly coasting at times. The only teams theyve truly dominated this season was ANA (after the mumps) CHI and LA. Been a strange season so far for us. Used to the Blues going all out for every point, but it hasnt happened much. Maybe its a change in strategy, maybe its that illness. Dont know. Anyways good luck to your team. I know some of my bretheren have been idiotic in some threads about Karlsson, including myself a couple times, but hope you guys can forgive us.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like the fact we put forth a better effort in comparison to most of our afternoon games. It still isn't where it needs to be, and we're still kinda dopey in the afternoons, but it's improving.

What's really disappointing to me is this was a very winnable game. St. Louis, to me, isn't in the elite or even top third in the league. Toronto gives us a tougher time than the Blues. We should be able to beat the Blues easily in any kind of 7-game series. Get rid of some brain farts today and we're walking all over them.

Nice to see the kids like Cowen, Zibby, etc continuing their strong play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad