GDT: Blues vs. San Jose|Walking Wounded| 6pm, FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
A disappointing loss after The Blues had come back from 3 down to tie it up, and had all the momentum. But they failed on The Power Play several times, after scoring 2 PP goals the game before. But they are 10-6 during a devastating period of injuries. So, I can't complain too much. Krug is finally getting integrated into the offence and defence. Gunnarsson looks significantly worse than last season. I hope to see Mikkola playing a LOT when he returns, and Gunnar sitting a lot more.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We've got drivers like ROR, DP, Kyrou, Sunny...

And too many passengers....Junkman is in the 1st seat, followed by Thomas when he was here, and Dunn, and ....

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We've got drivers like ROR, DP, Kyrou, Sunny...

And too many passengers....Junkman is in the 1st seat, followed by Thomas when he was here, and Dunn, and ....
We’ve got 5f, 2d, and some complimentary guys in lineup currently. We win bc we throw waves of talent but with injuries and inconsistencies we aren’t the same team right now. Really need more from Sanford and Dunn with this group.

Reactions: stlwahoo

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Given our injuries, I’m feeling good about the core of the team. Takes a lot to battle back and we’re seeing who needs to step up or step out. Hopefully Army does some tooling by TDL and coaching gets the pp fixed. Wtf man. W.t.f.

Reactions: Zamadoo

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Sanford needs to be packaged into a trade. A worse version of Chris Stewart that can’t hit.
The problem is trading him for someone you have to protect, not to mention our current lack of forward depth from all the injuries. Personally, if Calgary had interest and would retain a little bit I would be interested in swapping him for Bennett. We’d be getting a player that better fits our style and is unlikely to be targeted by Seattle.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
They’re not trying to rebuild. They’re just bad.
giphy.gif

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Yeah, Walman playing forward has everything to do with Mikkola out. But I completely agree about Gunnerson.

makes me wonder if Mikkola isn’t dinged up a bit.

Reactions: Ranksu and Zamadoo

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I expected worse, the injury bug is no joke. I would have preferred a point or two out of this one, and understand that this team is crippled with injury right now. I mean come on, the sharts had trouble with "this" team. lol

Second period got a little wild. Kyrou is really coming into his own, his speed and vision is beginning to show, and he really started to click with Schenn tonight.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Hoffman is increasingly looking comfortable and making decent plays. I think if this roster ever gets healthy, it will be a handful. At this point, I can’t worry about seeding as long as the Blues get one of those 4 playoff spots.
He's played much better the past few games, and has the points to show it. He had a few hits as well, but has returned to his absolutely paper-soft approach. Understandable to an extent avoid injury, but yikes. Let's hope he keeps scoring and using those mitts.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
A gut punch, but it could be worse.

They could have folded after the 4th Sharks goal and blamed injuries for their loss. That one minute surge by the Sharks was the difference coupled with PP failures.

The team really needs everyone contributing. If some guys aren't putting it all out there, they need to be pulled.

I saw ROR fighting hard all game. A guy like Sanford needs to sit and a guy like Walker needs to be called up and given a chance. I pick on Sanford because he is most obvious in his lack of intensity. I'm sure there are others.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yeah, Walman playing forward has everything to do with Mikkola out. But I completely agree about Gunnerson.

makes me wonder if Mikkola isn’t dinged up a bit.
That would make sense, but I believe he's healthy scratch.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I want more consistency out of Sanford too, but am I the on,y one who saw him fight to the front of the net and get a sweet tip in goal last night? Why sit him when he’s starting to do that? I want that physicality from him in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Brian39

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I want more consistency out of Sanford too, but am I the on,y one who saw him fight to the front of the net and get a sweet tip in goal last night? Why sit him when he’s starting to do that? I want that physicality from him in the offensive zone.
The frustration is in the inconsistency. He needs to be harder on puck. He has tools but sometimes leaves the box back in his car.

Reactions: mike1320

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

I saw it also.
The problem is; that might be the first "physical" play that he's made all year.

When Sanford is playing an aggressive, physical game; he's a solid middle 6 forward.
When he isn't; it's Bambi on ice.
Since the start of the bubble we have been seeing FAR too much of the bambi version. Sanford needs to adopt some of the Blais mentality because he doesn't have the speed/skill to play the finesse game he's trying to get by with.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I saw it also.
The problem is; that might be the first "physical" play that he's made all year.

When Sanford is playing an aggressive, physical game; he's a solid middle 6 forward.
When he isn't; it's Bambi on ice.
Since the start of the bubble we have been seeing FAR too much of the bambi version. Sanford needs to adopt some of the Blais mentality because he doesn't have the speed/skill to play the finesse game he's trying to get by with.

He has looked very Bambi-ish lately, but with all of our injuries I can't see him sitting now. He has made some awful plays in our own zone lately, but he still has the potential to do something in the offensive zone at least. I do agree that it would be nice to see some more aggression and ever since he got tagged on the chin against the Coyotes he's looked really lost. Blais looked much better after sitting out a couple of games and it's a shame his return was halted so soon.

ROR said it after the game, but seems like the Blues stopped playing after they tied the game at 4. It was almost as if they figured they had the game in the bag before it was over. That's pretty inexcuseable no matter who's in the lineup and plenty of guys share the blame for the poor 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad