GDT: Blues vs. Ottawa| 7pm, BSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
A few things about our D:
Mikkola is not ready for the role he has been given. He's in way over his head and is being exposed. Maybe in a year or two, but not now.
Walman is not good enough defensively. PERIOD.
Parayko is still not himself. He has shown improvement, but he is still struggling. He needs a solid, defensively sound partner, which we do not have.
No one is EVER going to convince me that Krug is even adequate in his own end. Yes, he is providing offense. Yes, the effort is there, but he doesn't need to prove to everyone how tough he is. He seems to be preoccupied with that lately.
Thank goodness for Faulk and Bortuzzo.
Believe it or not, I cant wait to have Scandella back.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Great game, eh?

Too bad I missed it.
I don't watch games where Binny plays anymore but I saw on my Twitter feed they were getting dunked on and the Sens 3rd goal was a softy that broke the teams back. Also saw Tarasenko got robbed when it was 2-1, wish our goaltenders would make saves like that.

If the team does not play for Husso, I may take a break from watching this team in general. The team is pretty unlikeable overall and their play lately is boring to watch. They get like 15 shots a game and have periods where they struggle to get more than a handful of them. It is not very entertaining hockey.

I still think they need to make a trade and aim for the pacific bracket in the wildcard slot so hopefully something good comes out of this streak of very subpar hockey.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Yeah this games was worse one in this winless streak. Way to many passes in the Ozone lazy passes in the dzone resulting in turnovers and goals. As much as i like Barbie he is not 1st line.

I would go maybe
Saad ROR Perron
Kyrou, Thomas, Vladi
Barbie Schenn Buch
A Combo of Sunny, Brown, McMac Bozak, Torpo.

I feel like scoring has been lacking and we could use a LW sniper.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues struggle against teams that are fast and have an aggressive forecheck. It seems like teams know how to play against the blues but we haven't adjusted a single thing. The analytics all season have said we have been outworked at 5v5 and it seems like our luck is running out. The players are really moving their feet and the system we have is exposed
I agree with the above highlighted statement. But, I think the difference between now and earlier, when The Blues were winning games against fast, heavy-checking teams is that during thse losing streaks, The Blues are more tired than when they were pulling out some of the games against fast-skating, good forechecking teams. The Blues have been on the road 7 out of the last 9 games, and are tired. They probably stayed out late most of the nights while in New York. I'm sure they'll pull out of this. I just hope its sooner than later. I am glad that Berube took my advice and called up Toropchenko.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If they can't score more than one goal a night, it really doesn't matter. What I see is a bunch of sloppy play by guys who look like they have no focus out there.
Da's klopt! The whole team was not moving their feet and was sloppy with the puck, and late on their reactions and making decisions. They've been on the road for 7 of the last 9 games. And they've played 5 games during the last 8 days. That's a lot. They look tired. I know they'll come out of it. I just hope it's sooner than later.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
A few things about our D:
Mikkola is not ready for the role he has been given. He's in way over his head and is being exposed. Maybe in a year or two, but not now.
Walman is not good enough defensively. PERIOD.
Parayko is still not himself. He has shown improvement, but he is still struggling. He needs a solid, defensively sound partner, which we do not have.
No one is EVER going to convince me that Krug is even adequate in his own end. Yes, he is providing offense. Yes, the effort is there, but he doesn't need to prove to everyone how tough he is. He seems to be preoccupied with that lately.
Thank goodness for Faulk and Bortuzzo.
Believe it or not, I cant wait to have Scandella back.
Well, what other option we have than Mikkola or Scandella?

We are stuck with Krug (and Faulk).

How our d-core is build we don't have any other options. Now we see when we have tied money 13mill.$ on two offensive dmen who are weak defensively. Faulk has improved his overall, but nothing that special. Who is adjusted getting 39 points for this season. Who has been hot every season and fall down heavily how season has progress.

Im not expert, but I guess dmen who produce points ~40 ish is 6.5mill.$ worth?

Not giving to Pietro full crying, but he is also also struggling in Vegas.

"You dont pay heavy price to other team dmen who can produce and think he can fix your powerplay".

I don't see our d-core won't be fixed until either one Krug or Faulk are gone. It means 5-years to wait, but our window is closed already before it happens. Sad to say we can't lose guy like Faulk how badly our is build currently.

This team is one piece away from being Cup Contender.

But Army has tied himself when he acquired Krug and Faulk.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I don't watch games where Binny plays anymore but I saw on my Twitter feed they were getting dunked on and the Sens 3rd goal was a softy that broke the teams back. Also saw Tarasenko got robbed when it was 2-1, wish our goaltenders would make saves like that.

If the team does not play for Husso, I may take a break from watching this team in general. The team is pretty unlikeable overall and their play lately is boring to watch. They get like 15 shots a game and have periods where they struggle to get more than a handful of them. It is not very entertaining hockey.

I still think they need to make a trade and aim for the pacific bracket in the wildcard slot so hopefully something good comes out of this streak of very subpar hockey.

That's the spirit! Just promise us that you'll take a break from posting, too. The negativity from you and others is obnoxious. You admit you don't watch games, yet you expect us to take your "analysis" seriously? You're nothing more than a fair weather Blues fan, yet you act like some kind of expert. GTFO

Last edited:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
That's the spirit! Just promise us that you'll take a break from posting, too. The negativity from you and others is obnoxious. You admit you don't watch games, yet you expect us to take your "analysis" seriously? You're nothing more than a fair weather Blues fan, yet you act like some kind of expert. GTFO

It’s like we never recently won a Stanley Cup or something…

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
he saved the season when we had to play basically half a AHL roster

and the team still wont give him another shot at things while Binny stinks up the joint.
what about gillies? he got a W too during that stretch, should be legendary in your mind as well

Reactions: GoldenSeal

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
for the fourth game in a row, fast skates and forechecking prevent the blues from getting any sustained pressure. team seems avoidant of the slot and fated to take weak side shots with their approach. getting boxed out easily despite having a good forward group and the defense just seems in over it's head trying to provide both offense and defense. i pray DA can get at least one left defender, but ideally we need two. it's odd to look forward to scandella returning, but walman will make you crave it.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Expected goals were 6-2 in favor of Ottawa. That was an absolute ass kicking on home ice by one of the worst teams in the league. If that’s not enough to snap them out of it, nothing is. Nobody came to play yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad