Zub-Chabot
Zaitsev-Holden
Brown-Brannstrom

Forsberg

Time to snap the skid

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Pretty disappointed the Blues aren't letting Brown play against his former team at all this season. You know he'd be motivated. Mac-Brown-Toropchenko would be a big line that may create something.

But nooo, gotta keep Bozak in there because of....reasons...

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Pretty disappointed the Blues aren't letting Brown play against his former team at all this season. You know he'd be motivated. Mac-Brown-Toropchenko would be a big line that may create something.

But nooo, gotta keep Bozak in there because of....reasons...
Logan Brown hasn't shown that he can play center in the NHL. He is incredibly poor at the faceoff dot and has almost exclusively played wing in his NHL career. Having a center on the 4th line is a pretty good reason. Bozak also eats up about 1:20 a night on the PK while Brown doesn't kill penalties. It looks like Sunny is out of the lineup again, so removing another penalty killer would be far from ideal.

I'm not happy with Bozak's game lately, but the 4C spot is not at all the position Brown is fighting for.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
It might just be me but I've never been a big fan of Thomas-Tarasenko pairing

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
would prefer to see the Russian line reunited
I'd actually rather see them just flip 89 and 91. Buch and Thomas have been magic and both seem to work well with Kyrou. As long as someone shoots the damn puck (and this goes for all four lines) we should be fine.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Young, fast Ottawa team coming to town. What could go wrong? Hopefully the Blues don’t dig themselves too big of a hole early while they wait until the second or third period to find their legs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Logan Brown hasn't shown that he can play center in the NHL. He is incredibly poor at the faceoff dot and has almost exclusively played wing in his NHL career. Having a center on the 4th line is a pretty good reason. Bozak also eats up about 1:20 a night on the PK while Brown doesn't kill penalties. It looks like Sunny is out of the lineup again, so removing another penalty killer would be far from ideal.

I'm not happy with Bozak's game lately, but the 4C spot is not at all the position Brown is fighting for.
They are playing freakin' Ottawa and the 4th line might be out there for a couple faceoffs so I'm not really concerned about any of that. Brown isn't going to learn and improve by sitting. We have enough PK'ers still, too - ROR, Buch, Barbashev, Thomas, Saad, Schenn, you can throw MacEachern out there too.

I overall get your point but again, it's the Senators. Just play the kid and see what he shows. Shouldn't be worried about matchups that much against them.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
They are playing freakin' Ottawa and the 4th line might be out there for a couple faceoffs so I'm not really concerned about any of that. Brown isn't going to learn and improve by sitting. We have enough PK'ers still, too - ROR, Buch, Barbashev, Thomas, Saad, Schenn, you can throw MacEachern out there too.

I overall get your point but again, it's the Senators. Just play the kid and see what he shows. Shouldn't be worried about matchups that much against them.
We just went 0-1-1 against the freakin' Devils and Islanders. We allowed 5 total goals in those two games and the 4th line was -3. You can't just throw out whoever on the 4th line and assume everything will be alright. 3 wingers on a line has more issues than just faceoffs. If you are pissed about Brown not playing, your ire should be directed at the decision to put Mac and Toropchenko on the wings instead of him.

Our lead on the 3rd through 5th teams in the Central is shrinking and we can't afford to run 3 wingers on the 4th line for the sake of development. The Senators are still an NHL team and are capable of running all over an AHL 4th line playing without a guy used to handling center responsibilities in the defensive zone.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think the Blues might be using Brown sparingly to cash in on that conditional 4th. I know I certainly would.
That’s fair but I just don’t like scratching Brown both times against them. Seems like a gut punch almost. Berube said they almost put him in when we were in Ottawa a couple weeks ago. He didn’t get in, but oh well, we play them again at home soon. Nope, not this time either. But whatever, moving on.

I wonder if Sanford will get a tribute video. He was here for a few years and won a Cup but he was never liked by the fanbase so it would be awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad