Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
TB blew a 3-1 lead to Canes, lost in OT.
I'm sorry but are the shot statistics right on the game sheet? Carolina outshot Tampa 44-13. They deserved to lose with that. They had 13 shots in 62 minutes of a game. That is just under 1 shot every 5 minutes.

Reactions: qqaz

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Next two games are the make or break games for Sandin. He had a poor showing the other night, chance for him to look better and more deserving of a spot against a real PO team.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
TAMPA DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE SHOT IN THE SECOND PERIOD. THEY HAD 11 IN THE FIRST AND 2 IN THE 3RD. 0 IN OVERTIME. WTH!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they are continuing on with their horrible playoff performance. But I'm sure they'll kick butt again, I just hope not ours.

Reactions: willmma

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
This is going to be a rough one. St. Louis is big and they play like it. There are some players on this team that disappear against teams like St. Louis, hopefully that isn't the case. I expect an intense game, though.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We gets points like erreysingle night baby! We rockin the earth, others just watching and seeing. They be jelious, but don't be alarmed. Now we gon school the champing champs tonight. This one gon be ours for sure again, we win almost every night. That's what greats too, just win. Almost never lose, just gittin points. Scoring and dirt. Look at our talent. Thats like mui much. Mayne baby, we bout to hit on that score again. Matthews line finna score two, Tavares, John the Captain finna score 1 also. So that's a 3 goals already. Blues better survive that. Is they gon score more? It's doable, but nah mayne, we could score 6. So that's what we bout. We bout that paper. Ain't no paper tiger neither. This game is already over, much better talented team (us) won. Invest.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hes actually got... Let me check the numbers.... 6 more games to make it or break it.

I think 2 was mentioned because if he has another two lacklustre games, that would be 5/5 games where he has not done enough to warrant keeping this year, and over half of a 9 game sample where he hasn't been good enough.

I think he's sent down once Dermott is back, or 9 games is up. Whichever is first. Hopefully Dermott can be back by the time Sandin has to go down, but otherwise the Leafs just need to buy time with Marincin, Holl and maybe another Marlie. At least we shouldn't need to do that for more than a few games, and it's not like Babcock has been leaning on his bottom pairing much anyways. They've only been playing 9-11 minutes a night against bottom 6's. Anyone can handle that.

horner

May 22, 2007
This will be a really good test .

Stanley Cup champs big bruising team

Vs

Skill

This will be an eye opener win or lose

Reactions: qqaz

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You know, I can sympathize with people who feel that way. For example, I understand why it's weird that the HNIC game is Leafs vs Red Wings, and not Canadiens vs Oilers.

This article annoys me though, as it argues like a lot of people around here. First they trash the Leafs game because we're facing "a team in rebuild mode." Then it lauds up Canadiens game against a similar dreadful team in Oilers because of their vaunted history. It's a double standard, and any time someone need to use that I'm left wondering "is that really the best argument they can make?"

Doesn't get better when they start bringing up Hughson's comments. Distasteful as they were, they have absolutely nothing to do with the topic. With the idea of a corporate message and then claiming that Kypreos and MacLean was let go because they were not Leafs friendly enough, it reads like a conspiracy theory.

If I didn't know the situation, I'd get the impression that things were exactly the way the article describe, that Leafs are the only major franchise and the rest are just minor league stuff. It doesn't produce a single argument for why it is otherwise.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
We gets points like erreysingle night baby! We rockin the earth, others just watching and seeing. They be jelious, but don't be alarmed. Now we gon school the champing champs tonight. This one gon be ours for sure again, we win almost every night. That's what greats too, just win. Almost never lose, just gittin points. Scoring and dirt. Look at our talent. Thats like mui much. Mayne baby, we bout to hit on that score again. Matthews line finna score two, Tavares, John the Captain finna score 1 also. So that's a 3 goals already. Blues better survive that. Is they gon score more? It's doable, but nah mayne, we could score 6. So that's what we bout. We bout that paper. Ain't no paper tiger neither. This game is already over, much better talented team (us) won. Invest.
@Hustlr heres’s another one for you to proof read and correct

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
LOL.

Every Canadian team is available for viewing on Saturday night. I can't speak for the West, but we can access the Ottawa and Montreal games over here (CityTV, RDS). There's choice. Also, the Western teams, you know, are situated in a different timezone. If we featured the Oilers at 5 pm to accommodate us, they would write a whole other article saying how we changed their game times to suit us. The Western team are featured at 10pm anyway.

Humanity 101 on display. You Shall Not Covet.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
This is going to be a rough one. St. Louis is big and they play like it. There are some players on this team that disappear against teams like St. Louis, hopefully that isn't the case. I expect an intense game, though.

I expect the type of intensity that a Monday game in october typically brings.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Hack article about a topic no one actually cares about.

The Montreal Gazette huh? And people wonder why print media is dying. Most of the stuff that gets printed is as nourishing as Miracle Whip and half as enjoyable to consume, and so predictable and full of platitudes you could spit out a near facsimile with the first open source AI software you can find on Google.

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad