GDT: Blues vs. Hurricanes| 7pm, BSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm waiting to hear someone say "We should have kept Jake Allen, look at the kind of game he had tonight, in front of a TEAM WHO GIVES A DAMN."

Nah, can't be a correlation.

Reactions: Fitrix

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The guys this team misses the most from that group are Steen and JayBo.
I actually miss Maroon too. The way he would stir things up would get our team engaged and he does the same things in Tampa. Yes he’s slow but he has found a role and does it well.

Steen and Bouwmeester of course, and heck even Edmundson would be nice to have as well. I was fine losing him but gosh, at least he could provide some bite. Watching Scandella provide absolutely nothing sure does suck. I’d much rather have Eddy than Scandella and Mikkola.

Reactions: Blueston and Fitrix

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I actually miss Maroon too. The way he would stir things up would get our team engaged and he does the same things in Tampa. Yes he’s slow but he has found a role and does it well.

Steen and Bouwmeester of course, and heck even Edmundson would be nice to have as well. I was fine losing him but gosh, at least he could provide some bite. Watching Scandella provide absolutely nothing sure does suck. I’d much rather have Eddy than Scandella and Mikkola.
Maroon is absolutely the moral compass of a locker room. He would be pissed as hell and lay into the boys about it. For some reason, players listen and take Pat to heart.

Reactions: Fitrix

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Maroon is absolutely the moral compass of a locker room. He would be pissed as hell and lay into the boys about it. For some reason, players listen and take Pat to heart.
Perron was interviewed on 101ESPN recently and was asked who fills Maroon’s role this season. He said nobody really can but the two he mentioned that came closest were Bortuzzo and Krug.

I hated Maroon when he first started here but he certainly came around and was effective.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Do we suck again?
Yes. People have had blinders on for the last 15-20 games. This team is not good for whole 60 minutes games. If the games were just 10 minute pushes late in the 3rd, we might be okay. But we have typically been starting games from behind. Then we go into a lull. Then we make a surge for 5-10 minutes in a period or two. Then we go into a lull. You can't expect to do much in the playoffs, or maybe even make the playoffs, playing like this.

Last edited:

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
The biggest thing from me is why do we always start so slow and give up a lead. It has to be a mental thing because I had the same problem when I played my D1 sport. I had to mentally figure it out and so does this team.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
isnt it funny how this teams main issue is lack of fight/consistent 60 minute effort

yet every game they played infront of chucky sideburns, that was not the case. in fact, Bortuzzo RAVED about playing hard infront of him because hes such a good teammate to play hard for.

if the blues miss the playoffs, the way they handled chucky sideburns will be the turning point. the team has not looked the same since they decided to start Binner before the last game before Xmas break.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The guys this team misses the most from that group are Steen and JayBo.
Don't minimize Schwartz's contribution. The biggest thing that team could do was win the puck in the corner and dominate with a forward option at the dot. The guys who we still have from that team aren't nearly as effective as they were then either, ROR, Schenn, Tarasenko, and Bozak have lost steps since then and it's wrecked our possession game and quality generation (Yes, losing Pietrangelo is a big effect on that too, not to want to relitigate that discussion)

Reactions: uzul77

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Don't minimize Schwartz's contribution. The biggest thing that team could do was win the puck in the corner and dominate with a forward option at the dot. The guys who we still have from that team aren't nearly as effective as they were then either, ROR, Schenn, Tarasenko, and Bozak have lost steps since then and it's wrecked our possession game and quality generation (Yes, losing Pietrangelo is a big effect on that too, not to want to relitigate that discussion)
The blueline would work if the team dedicated itself to an aggressive offense. Our dmen are more useful racking up points and are more offensive weapons than real Defence, which means all players on the ice are responsible for playing some level of D. Our netminder stats will look like trash but we'll win games.

Saying that, I feel like our blueline is the only group showing up. If we're relying on our 4th line to carry the team, we're setting ourselves up for failure. As much as I loved and adored the CPR line, I do NOT want to go back to those days or that ideology. We got a top six, they NEED to play like one.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The blueline would work if the team dedicated itself to an aggressive offense. Our dmen are more useful racking up points and are more offensive weapons than real Defence, which means all players on the ice are responsible for playing some level of D. Our netminder stats will look like trash but we'll win games.

Saying that, I feel like our blueline is the only group showing up. If we're relying on our 4th line to carry the team, we're setting ourselves up for failure. As much as I loved and adored the CPR line, I do NOT want to go back to those days or that ideology. We got a top six, they NEED to play like one.
We need a lot of things. A real 1D who can control the pace and take pressure of off the rest would help a lot (especially parayko. I think it's apparent at this point that he needs that person in front of him). More D who can retrieve down low and start the play forward would also help. Our legion of 2Ds are pretty good at the 2nd part, less good at the first. Some better forecheckers who can keep the play going down low as well as contribute on the rush, and forwards who can cover passing options and dig the puck off the boards. We're a great team in transition but basically every other part of the game is lacking from this team. It's been flawed since the outset.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
isnt it funny how this teams main issue is lack of fight/consistent 60 minute effort

yet every game they played infront of chucky sideburns, that was not the case. in fact, Bortuzzo RAVED about playing hard infront of him because hes such a good teammate to play hard for.

if the blues miss the playoffs, the way they handled chucky sideburns will be the turning point. the team has not looked the same since they decided to start Binner before the last game before Xmas break.

So your theory is that it's the goalies fault that our team doesn't put in effort?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The Hurricanes are a carbon copy of the 2019 Blues excellent defense good goaltending. Great coaching. They play absolutely relentless. Watching them makes me miss that 2019 Blues team I wish we still had that team and wish Army wasn't so quick dismantling that team. If we still had somewhat of that version of that team this game would be a lot more closer.

I would love to hear an example of what you think Armstrong did wrong that doesn't involve #27.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad