Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Flames: The "lets not suck 2 games in a row" edition (Edit: Lol we totally did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
My concern is that our D can get very sloppy and our offensive playmaking/imagination seems to be limited to Schenn, Schwartz, Petro, and Upshall. We need more from everybody else.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The hole in the top 6 is becoming more and more apparent. I love Sobotka on the 3rd line. Berglund is going to really help the 3rd line too. Like I said earlier, I really want to address the top 6, but im not parting with Kyrou/Thomas/Kostin to do it unless it’s for an elite signed player who is ascending.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
But isn’t the operative word “good” in this context?

I mean, if someone asked me how “good” the Kings are, the placement in the standings is one piece of evidence I can use, or I can talk about the team construction, or coaching. I think saying “we aren’t as good as our standings indicate” is a lot more encompassing then just saying “we won’t hit 123 points”.
Asking whether the the team is "good" is meaningless without specifying a frame of reference. Good compared to what? Earlier this year? Last year? Other teams? All-time?

In this case the specified frame of reference is stated "as their record." We can have different interpretations of what that means. I already stated mine.

I don't know the intent of the original question. I can only address the question as stated. Asking if a team is as good as its record is pretty common. It generally (IMO) is asking whether the pace a team is on is sustainable, and in the Blues case I think the answer is a pretty easy "no."

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect the Blues to be good, or even at the top of the standings, when it's all said and done. It just means that we should expect them to slow down at some point as the season moves on...and they pretty obviously have been the last few games.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Way too much psuedo-pressure when defending. Goal is to force the other team to move the puck to a place you can anticipate and contest. If you're not contesting, you are not defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad