Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Flames: The "lets not suck 2 games in a row" edition (Edit: Lol we totally did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Not a good game for Dunn. I won’t be surprised if Prosser is in for him (or hopefully surprise Bouwmeester) next game. He could just use a game or two off and come back sharp and fresh.

Pietro looked terrible on that Gaudreau goal. Oh well. Maybe too many minutes?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
defense and allen sucked tonight

this needs to change by next game.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Seems like a pretty rough game from everyone. 4 goals in the third period (not counting the empty netter)...wow.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not a good game for Dunn. I won’t be surprised if Prosser is in for him (or hopefully surprise Bouwmeester) next game. He could just use a game or two off and come back sharp and fresh.

Rookie's gonna rookie. I agree, however, maybe too many minutes. I also strongly disagree with some posters that Dunn belongs on the 1st pairing with Alex. He clearly does not! Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
That may be the understatement of the year. The Fabbri injury has really destroyed our depth. And why is thornburn still playing.

Barb wasn’t special when he was up, but right now we are really a one line team. I would rather give him some time then look at the black hole. He can’t be any worse then Thornburn or Bennet.

I would like to see Barbashev and Blais called up. Split then up. . Take Scotty U, Brodz, and Jaskin and make them into the third line.

T,S,S
Steen, Staz, Blais
SU, Brodz, Jaskin,
Sobi, Barb, whoever

Can’t be any worse then what we have seen from the 3rd line hole.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
That was a mess of a third period...by the D and by Allen.

Notwithstanding the team's success, Allen's fundamentals over the year to this point show some slight regression to a few of the habits that got him in trouble during the rough first half last season. He is not playing as tightly as he did post-Brodeur tutelage in the second half last year....edge movements aren't quite as precise, some oversliding, etc.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
That’s what happens when you play the other teams game rather than force them to play yours. Just gotta right the ship and get back at it. Edmonton is no walk in the park even if they’re semi struggling

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I saw Gunnar had even worse game then Dunn and he's vet. It should be Gunnar who should sit not Dunn.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I saw Gunnar had even worse game then Dunn and he's vet. It should be Gunnar who should sit not Dunn.

There were multiple times when Gunnar fumbled the puck and just looked awful.. He's not exactly our best option to be playing first pairing minutes. Then again he looked worse when he played with Bort..

Also, saw a thread on main board that was about Jankowski being the best play from the draft after last night.. That about sums up how well we played.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
There were multiple times when Gunnar fumbled the puck and just looked awful.. He's not exactly our best option to be playing first pairing minutes. Then again he looked worse when he played with Bort..

Also, saw a thread on main board that was about Jankowski being the best play from the draft after last night.. That about sums up how well we played.

I saw that too. I think it's a little premature just because he had 1 good game against a Blues team who played awful.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Best player from his draft? Wasn't he 2012? That draft had Forsberg, Vasileski, Lindholm, Dumba, Trouba, Galchenyuk, et al. Jankowski has 10 career games and 4 career points. What the actual #*$@!?!?!?!? There were a lot of disappointing players in that draft, including some I named. But everyone is better than Jankowski. Even Yakupov has proven more than Jankowski.

justde

Apr 12, 2015
Why do you single out Gunnar, when all the D had a bad night ? He did a couple of mistakes, but who didn´t ? The team was bad !

justde

Apr 12, 2015
Because Gunnarsson was exceptionally bad and he's been playing like this for a while now.
I don´t agree. He did a couple of fumbles last game, but in my opinion he wasn´t worse than any of the d, even Pietro did. In the first third I think he play very well. What do people demand of him. He is not in recent top 3 of our d but is playing in the top pairing. What do you think would happen if Dunn or Bort where placed there ? Give Gunnar a brake. He is solid, otherwise he would not be playing game in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->