GDT: Blues vs. Coyotes| 7pm -- FSMW| Can we make it 3?|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
There’s plenty to still clean up but the 2 point train keeps rolling

For the record I would split up the PP units and try giving them equal amount of time.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
My thoughts.

Ok I cooked and ate crow on Faulk but one thing I'll criticize him for it wasn't his best game tonight outside of the beautiful goal overall he is really doing a good job of allowing me to forget about Pietrangelo.

Hopefully after scoring Hoffman will keep it up and keep scoring instead of floating. I have faith.

I thought Krug had a great game. And I'm coming around and starting to like Krug. I like his compete level. Ok I'll eat crow on Krug as well. Krug is also doing a good job of allowing me to forget about Pietrangelo. Lol.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I know Pang has been going on about it, but Schwartz really should be getting some Selke love. He’s been otherworldly this year in both ends of the ice. The guy has the second highest xG% in the league right now for any player playing more that 100 minutes. He’s been insane to start the year.

Also, I think that Parayko needs to rest. Maybe his play is because of an illness, so I’m not trying to rake him over the coals. But if he is still suffering, I believe that should give more reason to give him a breather. He’s not playing well. So give him a chance to take a break so he can feel a bit more energy for the game after. I’d even suggest just to continue that line of thought for as long as it takes. Give him 3 games to play and rest him on the 4th, or something like that. It’s not the ideal way we would want a defenseman like Parayko to be used, but neither is playing him as much as he has when something’s wrong.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Arizona last goal shows well how bad hockey IQ Faulk has. Let man alone front of net, goes after puck carrier, doesnt box out.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Arizona last goal shows well how bad hockey IQ Faulk has. Let man alone front of net, goes after puck carrier, doesnt box out.

If that’s low IQ than pretty much every D-man in the NHL has been guilty,, it happens and just have to learn from it

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
True - but if he is traded, then you’re also losing another valuable player to Seattle. I’d rather lose 1 player to Seattle (whether that be Dunn or someone else), than trade Dunn for a pick/prospect AND lose another player.
This is right way to look at it. If we trade him it shouldn’t be bc of expansion. We are gonna lose good player regardless, don’t compound it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know Pang has been going on about it, but Schwartz really should be getting some Selke love. He’s been otherworldly this year in both ends of the ice. The guy has the second highest xG% in the league right now for any player playing more that 100 minutes. He’s been insane to start the year.

Also, I think that Parayko needs to rest. Maybe his play is because of an illness, so I’m not trying to rake him over the coals. But if he is still suffering, I believe that should give more reason to give him a breather. He’s not playing well. So give him a chance to take a break so he can feel a bit more energy for the game after. I’d even suggest just to continue that line of thought for as long as it takes. Give him 3 games to play and rest him on the 4th, or something like that. It’s not the ideal way we would want a defenseman like Parayko to be used, but neither is playing him as much as he has when something’s wrong.
Wingers don’t win Selke.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Poor start tonight but we recovered, good game and we got 2 more points!

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't know what to think about the expansion draft. If we don't protect Krug or Faulk, we stand to lose a very good defenseman, but there is a chance Seattle won't bite, because of their respective contracts. Another way of looking at it is we also would be off the hook for that contract. We could also lose a young talent like Mikkola or Dunn. I don't have an answer. Pick your poison.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don't know what to think about the expansion draft. If we don't protect Krug or Faulk, we stand to lose a very good defenseman, but there is a chance Seattle won't bite, because of their respective contracts. Another way of looking at it is we also would be off the hook for that contract. We could also lose a young talent like Mikkola or Dunn. I don't have an answer. Pick your poison.
The notion that Armstrong will not protect Faulk or Krug is fanciful. The team targeted those guys, gave them long term deals, and they’re not playing poorly. They’ll both certainly be protected. I realize it was trendy to plan to expose Faulk while he struggled a bit last season, but that’s not realistic at this point.

Mikkola or Dunn could be lost. Sanford or Sundqvist are on that list too. I’m resigned to the notion the Blues will lose a guy we’d rather keep. But it would be a mistake to get too fancy trying to make deals to protect anyone from that list and wind up giving additional assets.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The notion that Armstrong will not protect Faulk or Krug is fanciful. The team targeted those guys, gave them long term deals, and they’re not playing poorly. They’ll both certainly be protected. I realize it was trendy to plan to expose Faulk while he struggled a bit last season, but that’s not realistic at this point.

Mikkola or Dunn could be lost. Sanford or Sundqvist are on that list too. I’m resigned to the notion the Blues will lose a guy we’d rather keep. But it would be a mistake to get too fancy trying to make deals to protect anyone from that list and wind up giving additional assets.
Good point and well stated. It is what it is, I guess.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Great game! Best game of the year for Krug, Blais, Hoffman and maybe even Parayko. Time for overreactions!

Don't trade Dunn! Re-sign Hoffman! Give Binnington whatever he wants! Sundqvist for MVP! Build a statue for Justin Faulk!

Last edited:
Reactions: simon IC

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
That Faulk goal might be the best set of dekes i have seen from a D ever, turning several coyotes around and making kuemper look like a fool. Just shows you that when he wants to turn it on, he could be one of the best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad