Crouse - Larsson - Fischer

Chychrun - Goligoski
Hjlamarsson - Demers
Oesterle - Soderstrom

Kuemper/Raanta

Last edited:

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Love that the yotes went back to this logo. They also seem to play us well. Definitely keeping an eye on Conner Garland tonight. That said, let’s take these dogs back behind the barn

Reactions: mk80 and Xanadude

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Love that the yotes went back to this logo. They also seem to play us well. Definitely keeping an eye on Conner Garland tonight. That said, let’s take these dogs back behind the barn
I have always had a soft spot for the Coyotes. I love the Kachina, their goal horn, their current announcers, etc. And they've got some sneaky good players, Garland is like a righty Johnny Hockey, Chychrun is super underrated and their goalie tandem is strong. I honestly think if they fired Tocchet and put in a more offensively-condusive system that they could really take a step forward.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Good to see Mikkola can play jos offside in NHL level.

Mikkola - Parayko were I promiding at PK. I would like to see they play at 5on5 at least some time. Mikkola has all the tools become real stud at defensively. What better duo then Mikkola - Parayko.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Anyone else had those strange days where you wake up, you haven't looked at the schedule yet, but somehow you know it's game day because you can feel it in the air?

This is one of those days.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Good to see Mikkola can play jos offside in NHL level.

Mikkola - Parayko were I promiding at PK. I would like to see they play at 5on5 at least some time. Mikkola has all the tools become real stud at defensively. What better duo then Mikkola - Parayko.

I'd like to see the D structured and utilized the same as our Cup run.

Mikkola - Parayko eating up D zone starts against top lines

Krug - Faulk with heavy O zone deployment

Scandella - Bortuzzo to keep top 2 pairs fresh

If you're in the keep Dunn for now camp then drop Borts to 7th D and put Dunn - Scandella as the 3rd pair.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
LGB! I'm curious to see how much 1400 fans sound tonight. I have a couple of friends who are going.

Tell them I love them! Tell them to be safe! Also, congratulate them on being some of the luckiest people on the planet! I hope they have a blast tonight! :heart: :propeller :lol: :punk::party: :eek: :cool::bb::cheers::partytime:

LET'S GO BLUES! :blues:yo::wg::towel::eek2::dunce::highclap::5::hyper::spud::ipeace:joker::jump::silly::rolly:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

If you're in the keep Dunn for now camp then drop Borts to 7th D and put Dunn - Scandella as the 3rd pair.
It’s a little too soon to put Mikkola with Parayko. I prefer Scandella there for now. Especially if Parayko isn’t 100%.

If they are intent on trading Dunn, he’ll be in the line-up to showcase.

Reactions: Blueston

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
It’s a little too soon to put Mikkola with Parayko. I prefer Scandella there for now. Especially if Parayko isn’t 100%.

If they are intent on trading Dunn, he’ll be in the line-up to showcase.

Mikkola is already a better, more intuitive defender than Scandella imo. He's also a better skater that's actually suited to shut down work and I don't like Scandella in that role. Imo we're actually worse with Scandella going against top lines. He chases hits too often for my tastes.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Coyotes always seem to give us a good game in recent years, and they've certainly got the talent to do it. Let's Go Blues!

Also this is the first meeting of the Armstrongs since Bill became the AZ GM

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Kuemper has been carrying the load for them so far and playing fairly well, but we always seem to struggle against both he and Raanta. Worried about getting shut down or shut out, if not tonight then on Thursday.

Reactions: HighNote

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Kuemper has been carrying the load for them so far and playing fairly well, but we always seem to struggle against both he and Raanta. Worried about getting shut down or shut out, if not tonight then on Thursday.

Yeah this is my thought. When I think of our struggles against the Yotes it's always their goalies playing out of their minds against us.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I'm not ready to move to these full time. I'm pretty high on Mikkola, but I think his transition to the NHL is best suited by putting him in position to succeed and slowly expanding his role/usage. I don't want to just throw him into the deep end and hope for the best. I also want to see Krug-Faulk get more time together against a variety of teams before we just roll them out all night. I want Dunn in the lineup more often than not. He's had some awful games, but he is absolutely an NHL caliber D man.

We are banking points and should be taking a long-term view on our blue line construction. With everyone on their A games, the D group is better with Dunn in the lineup than out of the lineup. If we keep him, the blue line is best served long-term with him getting to his A game. If we are looking to move him, we will get a better return with him getting in the lineup, padding some stats and improving his play. And Bortz is still hurt for now, so it is a decision we can put off.

I'd like to see Mikkola and Parayko start off by getting 5-10 shifts together each game in lower-stress situations. Let them build chemistry against non-top-line competition in order to let Mikkola keep earning extended roles. My hope is that Mikkola is ready to handle a 22+ minute a night shutdown role by the time playoffs start, but there is no reason to rush him into it now.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
I'm not ready to move to these full time. I'm pretty high on Mikkola, but I think his transition to the NHL is best suited by putting him in position to succeed and slowly expanding his role/usage. I don't want to just throw him into the deep end and hope for the best. I also want to see Krug-Faulk get more time together against a variety of teams before we just roll them out all night. I want Dunn in the lineup more often than not. He's had some awful games, but he is absolutely an NHL caliber D man.

We are banking points and should be taking a long-term view on our blue line construction. With everyone on their A games, the D group is better with Dunn in the lineup than out of the lineup. If we keep him, the blue line is best served long-term with him getting to his A game. If we are looking to move him, we will get a better return with him getting in the lineup, padding some stats and improving his play. And Bortz is still hurt for now, so it is a decision we can put off.

I'd like to see Mikkola and Parayko start off by getting 5-10 shifts together each game in lower-stress situations. Let them build chemistry against non-top-line competition in order to let Mikkola keep earning extended roles. My hope is that Mikkola is ready to handle a 22+ minute a night shutdown role by the time playoffs start, but there is no reason to rush him into it now.

I agree on Dunn, as long as he's here he needs to play provided it's a 3rd pair role.

I'm tentatively liking Krug - Faulk and in order for the usage to work similar to our Cup run that pair needs to succeed. I think they can if given heavy O zone starts.

Personally I think Mikkola could handle the shut down role now but as long as he enters the PO's in that spot I suppose I don't mind how it's accomplished. I'm just glad that it's even a possibility we could potentially return to that usage and having a true shut down pair at some point.

I still don't like Scandella - Parayko as a pairing and I think Mikkola could actually help propel Parayko out of his funk sooner but that's obviously just a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranksu

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I agree on Dunn, as long as he's here he needs to play provided it's a 3rd pair role.

I'm tentatively liking Krug - Faulk and in order for the usage to work similar to our Cup run that pair needs to succeed. I think they can if given heavy O zone starts.

Krug - Faulk has been one of the stronger pairings by xG share in the NHL so far in their limited action together. Actually have started the majority of their shifts in the defensive zone as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 1.52.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 1.52.19 PM.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 1

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'll be the reckless optimist and say that Krug-Faulk will be an offensive force, and Mikkola-Parayko will be the new and improved version of the shut down pairing we featured during our cup run.

That would leave only the third pairing to sort out. Choosing between Dunn, Gunnarsson, Scandella, and (eventually, Bortuzzo.

Krug-Faulk
Mikkola-Parayko
Dunn/Scandella-Bortuzzo
x-Gunnarson, Dunn/Scandella

(when healthy)

Reactions: TK 421

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
I'll be the reckless optimist and say that Krug-Faulk will be an offensive force, and Mikkola-Parayko will be the new and improved version of the shut down pairing we featured during our cup run.

That would leave only the third pairing to sort out. Choosing between Dunn, Gunnarsson, Scandella, and (eventually, Bortuzzo.

Krug-Faulk
Mikkola-Parayko
Dunn/Scandella-Bortuzzo
x-Gunnarson, Dunn/Scandella

(when healthy)
I think Scandella and Bortuzzo would be a good third pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad