Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs. Canucks — Is there a switch to flick?

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Has anyone seen when the Round 1 schedules will be released? We know all but 1 team and there is no travel so this shouldn’t be hard to figure out.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Has anyone seen when the Round 1 schedules will be released? We know all but 1 team and there is no travel so this shouldn’t be hard to figure out.
Based on what NBC just showed we don't play until Wednesday at least.

Edit:

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Looks like Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday with Game 2 at 5:30 and the others at 9:30.

Reactions: mk80

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Back to back games. Wtf.. quick start as expected I guess. Hope Barbie is back ASAP.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
What sort of trash tier scheduling has teams playing back to backs and sometimes three games in a day at one bubble. Just play two games per day in each bubble.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Pleasantly surprised (Impressed) to see the respectful interchange between our Team Boards already happening.

You folks have been very welcoming to me on your GDT’s throughout my short tenure on HFBoards.

Looking forward to the series with the hope of no injuries to either side.

That being said, f*** you guys;)

B3DA2575-697B-467D-9FC9-219AE9568788.jpeg

16541CCD-D1B4-44ED-BAA6-55AD79BF6597.jpeg

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Pleasantly surprised (Impressed) to see the respectful interchange between our Team Boards already happening.

You folks have been very welcoming to me on your GDT’s throughout my short tenure on HFBoards.

Looking forward to the series with the hope of no injuries to either side.

Cheers.

Looking forward to seeing who dictates the play mpre to their team style.

Vancouver had its lapses vs Minnesota, but looked very dangerous and was able to keep a fast pace through good stretches of several periods.

I watched more Vancouver hockey than Blues hockey since the restart, because Vancouver was showing an effort and fun to watch... The Blues looked lost and disengaged for most of what I saw - I would tune in and out to see if the play had changed, but ultimately probably only watched 20-30 mins of each game vs most of the Vancouver games

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Everyone is so incredibly negative and it's understandable considering what we've seen in the only 4 games our team has played in the past what almost 5 months, but all it takes is one good game to change that.

And yeah, we really sucked, but we were less than one minute from a 1-1-1 round robin record and maybe 2-1 while playing like absolute crap. In a lot of ways that doesn't feel relevant, but The Blues remained competitive despite playing terrible bad... so it could be worse. You can credit that to goaltending entirely if you want, but that's a great thing for a team to have going into the playoffs.

I think the Blues will reach a higher level, but the question is if it will be soon enough or high enough.

And one thing I'm worried about is a bit out of their control. The refs are calling tons of stuff in both bubbles and it's not just from players being sloppy after a long break. When players feel like they may be punished for some of the incidental contact that comes with playing a physical game that makes it tough to be physical against some of these younger and faster teams.

Yeah came over to check out the opposition sentiments and hearing a lot of negativity. (Sorry to say but that doesn't upset me........).

Yeah I can't comment for other series but there was.a ton of penalties in ours. Game one it was like a rugby match (And not a lot being called) but game 2 onwards was a steady stream of penalties. Too many as it's hard to get in the flow. You guys are all going to be cheering for Myers I'd set the over/under on penalties he takes in the series at 110 - he had 117 penalties or so in ours(seriously it was outta control). I'm not complaining about this though as our PP is pretty deadly and totally stacked. I would advise your team to stay outta the box. Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, Miller and Hughes. Better to not let them loose which probably means less physicality which is def. good for us as you guys have a rough team.

Overall doesn't sound like you guys have amped up the intensity a bit. I think that might end up being your biggest issue - it could take you a few games to get up to playoff speed. I know it did for us and I can't imagine the round robin games would be as intense as the qualifying ones (how could they be as you guys already have a spot wrapped up while we were playing for our lives - bound to be a difference in intensity and probably hard for your team to get jacked for - why should i go kill myself when these are just warm up games etc.).

Anyhoo hopefully it's a good series. WE played you tough during the regular season and I don't think it's going to be easy sledding - even for a team like yours that was consistently better than us this year.

Reactions: simon IC

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Wow...55/45 split of the vote? You’d think the defending Cup champs returning over 90% of last year’s roster for their Cup-defense run would be getting a little more respect from their own fan base in a Rd 1 matchup against a team that probably wouldn’t have even made the playoffs had the season run the full-82 games.

hell...even fans of the Leafs, a team full of overpaid choking dogs and lousy defenders who haven’t seen the second round of the playoffs since the Truman-administration, had more faith in their inept team than we apparently do with the reigning Cup-champs. For shame.

Reactions: Brockon

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I thought Berube's response to a question in the post-game last night was pretty interesting:

“We played periods here and there, spurts here and there, but there wasn’t a ton of pros for us. The cons of it all, the games probably didn’t mean enough, you know, and that’s the best way I can put it.”
The games didn’t mean enough? Berube was asked to clarify. Did the Blues not take them seriously enough?
“I’m not sure it was about a serious-enough attitude,” he said. “I don’t know what really home-ice advantage is here. Sure you get the last (line) change, but it really doesn’t feel like home-ice advantage for anybody.”

That sure doesn't ring to me as someone who put much stock into any of these games thus far. Did that attitude permeate the team? It would sure explain the lackluster performance. I still have some serious doubts they can just turn it on now, but I guess we'll find out in a couple of days. Link for the story where I pulled the quote below.

Blues playoff guide: Winless in round-robin, facing Vancouver and the schedule

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
How you guys feeling for this one? Do you think the Blues were purposely taking it easy during the round robin games?

Don't want to see Van advance so I'll be in your corner.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Wow...55/45 split of the vote? You’d think the defending Cup champs returning over 90% of last year’s roster for their Cup-defense run would be getting a little more respect from their own fan base in a Rd 1 matchup against a team that probably wouldn’t have even made the playoffs had the season run the full-82 games.

hell...even fans of the Leafs, a team full of overpaid choking dogs and lousy defenders who haven’t seen the second round of the playoffs since the Truman-administration, had more faith in their inept team than we apparently do with the reigning Cup-champs. For shame.

So don’t think critically and be honest? Just have blind faith?

That is how this reads to me personally.

I personally am not a fan of blind faith. It’s feels like a “fall in line” mindset.

I can support my team by showing up no matter what I think will or should happen.

Saying all of that, I have no idea what to expect. This team has done it before, but looks pretty damn bad right now. Seems more like a coin toss which version of the Blues we will end up seeing.

I am just glad we get to watch hockey...well hopefully. The schedule times are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad