Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs. Canucks — Is there a switch to flick?

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
There's no switch. You don't simply flick a switch overnight and learn how to pass and shoot better. Like I said earlier, the lack of effort isn't the only problem this team is having.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just an incredibly fun match up.
Will most likely be the most entertaining series in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Blues are a team I really admire, they slowly got better and eventually pushed and won the cup, fantastic stuff.
The fans have mostly been awesome also, pretty down to earth.
Quinn Hughes is a treat by the way, I hope you enjoy watching him, truly fascinating player.

I hope we both have a great series, should be a complete war.
Cheers and GL!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
cut.jpg

Have you seen this team? Missing since March 11, 2020

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
normally the blues win in 6

way we are playing now with so many passengers? I think we are lucky to make it to a 5th game.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Just an incredibly fun match up.
Will most likely be the most entertaining series in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Blues are a team I really admire, they slowly got better and eventually pushed and won the cup, fantastic stuff.
The fans have mostly been awesome also, pretty down to earth.
Quinn Hughes is a treat by the way, I hope you enjoy watching him, truly fascinating player.

I hope we both have a great series, should be a complete war.
Cheers and GL!
My only question to you is, does the guy with the players names spelled backwards as his HF name (forget which players they are) still hate us? :laugh:

If so I’m sure he’s gonna have a field day in this series lol

Reactions: mk80

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Watching Toronto vs CBJ right now for their final qualifier (Game #5). We are nowhere near that speed or synchonization.

We wasted training camp and the round robin trying to get our guys into shape. They coasted. We are doomed.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Just watching the other qualifying round games, and round robin teams. There's no way we are any less conditioned or less skilled, than these other teams so for me our play so far comes down to two options:

1. We purposely just didn't take the round robin seriously and decided to coast through the games and are going to look completely opposite in the playoff games.

2. With the way the year has played out there are guys who have their focus on everything happening outside of hockey right now regarding the virus, and their families, etc. And even for the Stanley Cup just aren't up to playing hockey right now.

I'm disappointed with our play in the round robin, and would have liked to get a win against Dallas, and as I've said in many other posts, I think we have what it takes to beat Vancouver. But we just have to come ready to play our A game every game for a full 60 minutes.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Everyone is so incredibly negative and it's understandable considering what we've seen in the only 4 games our team has played in the past what almost 5 months, but all it takes is one good game to change that.

And yeah, we really sucked, but we were less than one minute from a 1-1-1 round robin record and maybe 2-1 while playing like absolute crap. In a lot of ways that doesn't feel relevant, but The Blues remained competitive despite playing terrible bad... so it could be worse. You can credit that to goaltending entirely if you want, but that's a great thing for a team to have going into the playoffs.

I think the Blues will reach a higher level, but the question is if it will be soon enough or high enough.

And one thing I'm worried about is a bit out of their control. The refs are calling tons of stuff in both bubbles and it's not just from players being sloppy after a long break. When players feel like they may be punished for some of the incidental contact that comes with playing a physical game that makes it tough to be physical against some of these younger and faster teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->