Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Avs @ 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
HF Blues Forum (1 month ago): Dunn is the worst player to ever attempt to play hockey. I never want to see him wear a Blue's jersey again. We should pay someone a first to take him.

Also HF Blues Forum (today): Oh noes!!! Dunn can't play. We are so screwed!!!!

*I know this is an exaggeration of both sides. I know its probably different posters saying these things. Its just a joke about how bi-polar this board (or all message boards in general) can seem at times.
angrydome.gif

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Looking at those D pairings and I have a few immediate thoughts:
1 - Thank goodness for Walman stepping forward in a big way this season.
2 - Should I remember who Santini is? Good luck to the dude. Busting your ass on the taxi squad all year probably sucks, so I hope he plays his best in his moment.
3 - Sure would be nice if Mikkola decides he wants to grab an NHL job. This is a good game for him to distinguish himself.

I'm sure some will be celebrating Krug's absence, if he can't go, while ignoring that he's played the most difficult competition of any D-man on the Blues. Now someone else will be exposed to that role.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Mackinnon may actually score 5 goals tonight against our D squad

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Happy to see Mikkola in. Also interesting to see physical Santini.

Hopefully Chief and Otter gives Walman PP icetime what I have screamed when he got opportunity to play in team. Easily upgrade over Dunn and Krug. Walman's edge work and lateral skating is top notch. What I most love his game he can carry the puck alone in the o-zone vs Krug, Faul or Dunn who lack of top speed for able to do that.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
For those asking who Santini is....Steve Santini is a borderline-NHL right handed defenseman who the Blues signed to a 1-year two-way contract this off season. He was drafted by NJ in the mid/early 2nd round. He played 30+ games a year with them over 3 years until Nashville got him as a small piece of the Subban deal. They didn't bother to qualify him. He probably signed with the Blues due to the decent AHL money he is getting despite being a 2-way deal. In 116 games, all but 2 with NJ, he has 21 points and is a -9.

Santini is a big b0dy (6+, 200+) and a decent defensive D. He does have a bit 2-way skill, with decent mobility and a good shot, but don't expect much. He didn't even produce much in college offensively either. He plays physical so some old-school posters might like him. He seems like a player with a bunch of 3-4 star tools who never really found his niche without any 5-star tool to lean on. Think Bortuzzo with the intangibles :dunno:

*Take all this with a grain of salt as it is based on my memory of a borderline NHL player playing most his games in the Eastern conference and a quick look at his stat sheet.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Thomas in all alone, and just slides the puck into the goalie's stick. He needs to work on his deking and different scoring moves!!
Looked like it went off the top of the goalies shoulder to me

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I see that Mikkola is so trusted by Chief that, when he is allowed to play, he has to platoon his TOI with Santini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad