Blues vs Avalanche Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Who cares what their board says tbh.

fans of both teams know if the avs dont get PPs, they will get clowned. that team gets suffocated without 5Power plays a night, thats their oxygen.

plus dont forget their goaltending is playoff unproven, he always chokes sooner or later. think of roman turek or brian elliott for us.
Grubauer got injured last year, but before that he's played great the last 2 playoffs for Colorado despite some mediocre performances earlier in his career for Washington.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
[Edited]

Bozak will be in the top 9 with Barbashev likely anchoring that 4th line center spot. I think the recent changes were made in light of these past 2 games with some players resting up.

Perron-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Bozak-Schenn
Hoffman-Thomas-Kyrou
Sanford-Barbashev-Blais

It will be a huge asset if Tarasenko can add some extra offense this post season, hopefully ROR and a blazing hot Perron can spark that if we go with these.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
av fans will learn soon that their team once again cannot handle big boy hockey. stars slapped em silly last year playin the same brand of hockey. they can use the goalies excuse but the stars wernt playing Bishop either so thats all they have, excuses.

5on5 big boy hockey is what the playoffs are all about. Pure PP teams get clowned every year and they will be learning that lesson once again.

In good news for all hockey fans, the Avs are one of the best 5on5 teams in the league so I guess we'll have the pleasure of watching the 16th ranked hitting team in the NHL try to play big boy hockey. Should be a fun handful of games!

Loser of the series buys the other a bottle of whiskey? In good fun of course.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So metrics that were created because the Avalanche were playing against a lot of AHL guys due to injuries is more predictive of future results than the fact that we've beaten the Av's when we're healthy?
Yes, these metrics were created just to make Avs look good.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
I don't think anyone here is saying that.
Not overtly. But the implication by tossing a salad of irrelevant (while interesting) statistics against other teams is that, in fact, we're hosed no matter what. But the games themselves prove that 5 on 5, and with discipline, we can certainly beat this team with or without Grubauer.

Reactions: TheDizee

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I honestly don't care how much Sanford has done for this team the years he's been here, if Kostin isn't in the lineup for him or other players during the postseason, it'll be a wasted opportunity for fast, skilled, physical play to be in the lineup. Don't forget that he was apparently one of the most important players to Omsk's run.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hi can any mod/admin let me know if it is possible to disable other people being able to randomly tag me in their post?

bunch of av fans are very very upset because i state the obvious (their team is a PP team and is really subpar 5on5, goalie is a notorious choker etc) and that triggered them apparently so they are tagging me nonstop.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
thats very well thought out, but on the other hand, Reforado Assalanche

Avs fan coming in peace but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Assalanche is one of the best shit on a team names I've ever seen here haha. Good luck during the playoffs boyos. ROR is still one of my favorites. Expecting a long series here.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
186546355_4557759977591639_7777258844823313451_n.jpg

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
The Avs have of the the best goalies in the league this year in Grubauer and are 2nd in the league in goals against while giving up the least amount of shots per game of any team.

While this will be a great competitive series to watch for any hockey fan, this belief that the Avs just want to run and gun and win high scoring games is simply untrue. The Blues match up well because they play disciplined hockey and don't make a ton of mistakes that lead to easy breakouts for the Avs (on top of having some very talented players).

I think this one will be one of the better series to watch in the first round. Here's to an entertaining and injury free playoff series!

It only took about a day and a half to highlight Grubauer. The guy has a 1.95 GAA, .922 save percentage, and 7 shutouts. It is not hard to see several scenarios where he could be the difference in the series.

It should be a tough series. If both Grubauer and Binner are on, it could get very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
If this was the avs then all games would be postponed since one player has covid.

Well that changes my pick for sure. Was a good run to make the playoffs but the past 2 seasons are so dumb because of this dumb crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad