GDT: Blues @ Vegas| 9pm, BSMW| Potential Playoff Clincher Pt. 2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I give full marks to Vegas, Minnesota and even Arizona when they did it to us. Those teams were pushing to tie the game of course but in each of those games the Blues stopped attacking as soon as they gained a two goal lead. They sat back on their heels and hoped that defensive positioning would be enough to kill the clock. You know how I know this is true. Watch the next few shifts after the game is tied. Suddenly the Blues are attacking again, pushing the play and creating offense.

It has got to point with me now that I more nervous about going into the 3rd with a lead than I am going into the 3rd tied or down some goals. This team lets its foot off the gas with a lead in the 3rd, that is just a fact.
hitch hockey ?

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

kreele

Oct 12, 2017
I give full marks to Vegas, Minnesota and even Arizona when they did it to us. Those teams were pushing to tie the game of course but in each of those games the Blues stopped attacking as soon as they gained a two goal lead. They sat back on their heels and hoped that defensive positioning would be enough to kill the clock. You know how I know this is true. Watch the next few shifts after the game is tied. Suddenly the Blues are attacking again, pushing the play and creating offense.

It has got to point with me now that I more nervous about going into the 3rd with a lead than I am going into the 3rd tied or down some goals. This team lets its foot off the gas with a lead in the 3rd, that is just a fact.

Blues defense is best when on the forecheck and keeping puck possession. That turtle mode doesn’t work against good teams.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
we got a point in a game where we really didnt play that well IMO. Lehner pretty much gifted us all 3 goals.

Now is the time to let people rest and get as close to 100% as they can. And keep playing the right way, no bad habits allowed. With that said, Vegas would be a tougher draw than Colorado IMO, I'd like to see the Blues play them tough tomorrow no matter who is in the lineup. Goon it up as far as I am concerned, Stone still needs to answer for his dirty hit on Bozak

Reactions: mike1320

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Would awesome to see Vegas dropped in the 1st round. I have more respect for the Avs.

minny would beat vegas

I like the Wild. I hope they punk these cocky clowns with the stupid golden helmets.

Well we get that first chance to show Vegas the door. MIN would have to win out and Vegas would need to lose out to give us the "easiest" first round matchup.

I don't expect the Avs to scoop first, so we're going to see more of the tacky helmets than I care to witness over the next couple of weeks...

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I hope Berube can coach this team if they get a lead in the playoffs, because this turtle thing they've been doing has caused us to lose some games and much needed points, and if continued will lead to a 4-5 game 1st round exit.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
we got a point in a game where we really didnt play that well IMO. Lehner pretty much gifted us all 3 goals.

Now is the time to let people rest and get as close to 100% as they can. And keep playing the right way, no bad habits allowed. With that said, Vegas would be a tougher draw than Colorado IMO, I'd like to see the Blues play them tough tomorrow no matter who is in the lineup. Goon it up as far as I am concerned, Stone still needs to answer for his dirty hit on Bozak

You're right, if not for Lehner's softies it would have been a 3-1 loss. At least we showed we could play with the Knights, but every time we play them I feel like they are going to tie it late no matter what. That ain't gonna fly in the playoffs. Agree on Stone, we need to give him something to think about going into a potential playoff series. There would be a whole lot of bad blood in that potential Blues Knights series.

Reactions: mike1320

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How did Mikkola play? Highest minutes in his career 21:38 in NHL.

And Mikkola - Parayko was pair.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yep, once again go what we deserved. Every couple of games the Blues lose one like this, build a lead, sit back, give up lead and lose in regulation or if we are lucky OT. How many times is it going to take for these idiots to realize that they have to battle to the final buzzer.

I don't even care that we are in the playoffs. I am pissed about this game and alarming trend that continues to go unaddressed.
you DO realize they were playing Vegas, IN Vegas, and not 100% healthy right? even the guys dressed aren't 100% healthy

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

thought he played well. instead of trying to carry the puck out of the zone he was flipping it out, which I'm sure the coaching staff has asked him to do. played the body well, picks up the man in the crease well.
I"m a fan of his and hope he continues to do well
pairing him with parayko is a good thing.. a HEALTHY parayko would be even better... not sure we're gonna see one of those this season

Reactions: Ranksu

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Yeah he played primarily with Parayko. Honestly, it was more of the same IMO. He played pretty solid defensively but flubbed several relatively easy break outs and made some questionable decisions with the puck that resulted in some errant passes and the puck going back the other way. Overall I'd say his game was pretty good but not great.

Watching Mikkola this year has been frustrating at times. He clearly has the physical attributes and defensive instincts to be a good NHL defenseman...he just seems to be thinking/processing the game too slow right now. He's a good skater but can't seem to put it together and skate the puck to safety when he's pressured. Too often (not every time, but too often) Mikkola seems like he is caught off guard by how little time/space he has to make a play. Maybe he just needs more time to adjust to the smaller rink and speed of the NHL? He only has 32 games played in the NHL, so it's definitely too early to draw any real conclusions about his career moving forward. Like I said, the physical tools are all there. If Mikkola can put it together, he absolutely can be a legit 2nd pairing shut down dman.

Maybe I am being too hard on Mikkola, but right now, I would say Walman looked better last night than Mikkola.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad