Apr 28, 2010
friday night fights, let's go

tenor.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Let's punch them in the mouth and let them know what to expect in Round 1. So tired of everyone fawning over Vegas and Colorado. Time to put the top of the division on notice that the West is completely up for grabs once the playoffs begin.

Being born with silver golden spoons in their mouths already made the Knights unlikeable; but the off-season drama with the Rampage and Pietrangelo followed by the Stone-incident makes me hope they break the then-current league record for most years from inception without a Cup. May they suffer a fate worse than Buffalo, Vancouver, San Jose and Columbus combined.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Let's punch them in the mouth and let them know what to expect in Round 1. So tired of everyone fawning over Vegas and Colorado. Time to put the top of the division on notice that the West is completely up for grabs once the playoffs begin.

Being born with silver golden spoons in their mouths already made the Knights unlikeable; but the off-season drama with the Rampage and Pietrangelo followed by the Stone-incident makes me hope they break the then-current league record for most years from inception without a Cup. May they suffer a fate worse than Buffalo, Vancouver, San Jose and Columbus combined.

This isn't the Cinderella Vegas team from 2 years ago. F! EM.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Most important game of the regular season...until the next one....
I think this game is far less important than most of our games in April. We were 5 points back of the Yotes on 4/7/21 and on the ropes. We started clawing back that night, won 3 straight to leap frog Arizona and then we stayed within 1 point of the Yotes until 4/28/21. Then we beat Minny again to open up a 5 point lead and have been at 90% or better to make the playoffs since. I consider each of those games in April more important than tonight, because we were in a genuine playoff push.

I don't view tonight as a meaningless game, but it's not the most important game of the year.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Unless y0u think the Kings can get 8 points in 4 remaining games vs Colorado, this game isn’t terribly important. The Blues still have a head to head with LA where they can directly eliminate them, even if they can’t scrape any points from the rest of their schedule.

Clinching is fun to track, and I’ll keep posting about it and the seeding, but in reality even if St Louis loses tonight and LA wins, it’s not very significant.

Mar 6, 2012
Yup. The Blues haven't mathematically clinched yet, but the series of events that would have to unfold for them not to make it would be almost impossible to imagine.

The Coyotes are out. The Blues and Kings both have 5 games left. The "magic number" is 3. If the Blues can get 3 points in the last 5 games, they clinch. If the Kings lose out on 3 points in their last 10 games, they are out. The Kings would have to win 5 out of 5 and the Blues would also have to go 1 in 5 or worse.

It's basically all over and the rest of the games this season are more or less meaningless...

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

As soon as the fans start to lose interest because of a poor season the owner is gonna throw them under the bus and look to new ways to make money in Vegas.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lmao Sanford is back on the 1st line.

I mean, I do get that Berube is just trying to balance the lines and we have guys injured, but he just shouldn’t be there period. You continue to reward a guy who is producing at a 4th line pace. He doesn’t deserve it. Barbashev would be a better option there, and at this point I’d even give MacEachern a shot.

But Berube does really like Sanford. That’s my only criticism of Berube because otherwise I think he’s awesome.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Does Sanford eventually become Allen Craig to Berube's Mike Matheny? Unless Armstrong is as infatuated with Sanford as Chief apparently is, I don't see how he can have Sanford on the roster next year given the return we've gotten this year on the investment the coach has made in his role and playing time.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
This game feels sort of important because it's likely to be a preview of round one... but once the playoffs start all of this will feel like ancient (and meaningless) history.
I mostly care about trying to keep points away from Vegas so Colorado jumps them in the standings. I'd much rather see the Avs in round 1 than the Knights (for hockey and personal reasons). I also think that Minnesota has a better chance of knocking out the Knights than the Avs, so I believe the Avs getting 1st increases the chances of us playing Minny if we can make it to round 1. Helping the Avs win the West is definitely what I consider the most important aspect of tonight's game.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I mostly care about trying to keep points away from Vegas so Colorado jumps them in the standings. I'd much rather see the Avs in round 1 than the Knights (for hockey and personal reasons). I also think that Minnesota has a better chance of knocking out the Knights than the Avs, so I believe the Avs getting 1st increases the chances of us playing Minny if we can make it to round 1. Helping the Avs win the West is definitely what I consider the most important aspect of tonight's game.
In the event we do get matched up against Vegas in Round 1, it would be nice to win one (or two :dunno:) of these two games in regulation to get the confidence that we can do so in their building.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Lmao Sanford is back on the 1st line.

I mean, I do get that Berube is just trying to balance the lines and we have guys injured, but he just shouldn’t be there period. You continue to reward a guy who is producing at a 4th line pace. He doesn’t deserve it. Barbashev would be a better option there, and at this point I’d even give MacEachern a shot.

But Berube does really like Sanford. That’s my only criticism of Berube because otherwise I think he’s awesome.
It's just because Berube sees him as a "safe choice " he's average defensively and can put up points when he's on. Barbie isn't there because they need him to center the 4th line, MacMac really isn't good enough to be higher than a 4th line role, Hoffman-Thomas-Kyrou are hot right now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's just because Berube sees him as a "safe choice " he's average defensively and can put up points when he's on. Barbie isn't there because they need him to center the 4th line, MacMac really isn't good enough to be higher than a 4th line role, Hoffman-Thomas-Kyrou are hot right now.
I know but Sanford isn’t good enough to be above the 4th line either.

Barbashev is on the same point pace as him while playing pretty much 4th line minutes all year. Sanford has spent most of the season with skill guys, and has centered the 4th line in the past.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Does Sanford eventually become Allen Craig to Berube's Mike Matheny? Unless Armstrong is as infatuated with Sanford as Chief apparently is, I don't see how he can have Sanford on the roster next year given the return we've gotten this year on the investment the coach has made in his role and playing time.

said this before... someone's gonna have to take Sanford away from Berube to keep him from overplaying him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->