GDT: Blues @ Vegas| 9pm, BSMW| Potential Playoff Clincher Pt. 2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Honestly, I haven't been listening to games at work whenever it's against Vegas. I've already come to terms that the Blues will inevitably cough up a lead and I can't have that stress while I'm wokin :laugh:

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Yep, once again go what we deserved. Every couple of games the Blues lose one like this, build a lead, sit back, give up lead and lose in regulation or if we are lucky OT. How many times is it going to take for these idiots to realize that they have to battle to the final buzzer.

I don't even care that we are in the playoffs. I am pissed about this game and alarming trend that continues to go unaddressed.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great save by Binnington! But The 3 Blues were tired and let the Knights get past them and score with only a few seconds left. The Blues sort of backed in to the 4th playoff spot as The Kings just lost. They played a good game. It's a shame they lost with all those good chances in OT.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Can’t spend most of the back half of the game on your heels and expect to win in Vegas.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Yep, once again go what we deserved. Every couple of games the Blues lose one like this, build a lead, sit back, give up lead and lose in regulation or if we are lucky OT. How many times is it going to take for these idiots to realize that they have to battle to the final buzzer.

I don't even care that we are in the playoffs. I am pissed about this game and alarming trend that continues to go unaddressed.

I have to agree.

Many 3-1 games pissed away in the last few weeks.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

Is it always us sitting back? Or maybe the other team is pretty good? Maybe there's some element of randomness in hockey? I don't think the Blues are constantly naive. They just want to make the playoffs and go from there.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Blues are in but they are going to get smoked by Vegas. It's too bad Armstrong drove Pietrangelo away. If the Blues still had him Blues would win in a close series with Vegas.

Reactions: Ridge1982

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think these guys figured they could get the points in the last few weeks. It IS unfortunate that they take the foot off the gas at key moments and piss away 3-1 leads.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Is it always us sitting back? Or maybe the other team is pretty good? Maybe there's some element of randomness in hockey? I don't think the Blues are constantly naive. They just want to make the playoffs and go from there.

I give full marks to Vegas, Minnesota and even Arizona when they did it to us. Those teams were pushing to tie the game of course but in each of those games the Blues stopped attacking as soon as they gained a two goal lead. They sat back on their heels and hoped that defensive positioning would be enough to kill the clock. You know how I know this is true. Watch the next few shifts after the game is tied. Suddenly the Blues are attacking again, pushing the play and creating offense.

It has got to point with me now that I more nervous about going into the 3rd with a lead than I am going into the 3rd tied or down some goals. This team lets its foot off the gas with a lead in the 3rd, that is just a fact.

Reactions: MissouriMook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad