Pre-Game Talk: Blues V Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Sort of. It was Allen stopping a dump in, throwing it up the boards and Gunnarsson couldn't grab it, and it goes to Watson who fired it at the net and Soshnikov beautifully deflects it past Allen.

The key part is that "Soshnikov beautifully deflects it past Allen" thing, though.
So is it your opinion that Allen is at fault?

Reactions: Bendak

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You dont use skill players in physical roles. Play to the players strengths, dont force them into something they arent.
Not sure what this means. Everyone needs to be willing to retrieve puck on boards, box out in front of own net, or go to net for scoring chances. I don't expect everyone to throw huge checks, but they can use stick or body position to win puch battles.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So is it your opinion that Allen is at fault?
No. I mean, if you really want to pin it on him you blame him for not passing the puck cleanly over to Edmundson, but it's irrelevant if Soshnikov keeps his stick down instead of inexplicably lifting it up.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Not sure what this means. Everyone needs to be willing to retrieve puck on boards, box out in front of own net, or go to net for scoring chances. I don't expect everyone to throw huge checks, but they can use stick or body position to win puch battles.
Yeah, but look at Parayko for example. He is at his best when he just skates up ice, free wheels it. Petro is better that way too. I know we need to not flail sticks and reach, have to win board battles, but it's how they position themselves when doing so that causes issue.

bluesfanforlife1992

Jul 3, 2015
Biggest difference tonight. Preds finished opportunities. Blues didn't.

Also several notes on officiating (my lord it was hot mess tonight IMO)
Couple friends and I were talking about almost how Nashville has become the Chicago 10-15 team with the officiating.

1. How the world is Edmundson the only minor on that play? I have ZERO problem with the penalty being for the punch, but Smith came in two seconds later and punch him.
(Does that not remind you of playoff series with Chicago where Crawford mauled Fabbri and somehow they got a PP.)

2. They need to stop with the double penalty crap. It is either one or the other in most cases (I will make an except for some embellishment). That call on Blais god awful. Clear holding the stick penalty.

Speaking of holding the stick, if anyone wants to rewatch the last minute of the game and see a clear Hold the Stick call go uncalled, watch Salomaki (I believe) on Schmaltz right in front of the ref. I don't care that the game is over. The ref has one job...... Do your job and call the blatant/obvious penalty.

3. Did anyone else think the Watson hit on Dunn in the 2nd period wasn't a good hit? Replay I watched (only seen one), it looked like he nailed him with a elbow in the chest/sternum area. Just curious on that.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Blues need faster skaters...
A better scheme...
A better power play...
A better defense...
Better shooters...
Better forwards...
More skill...ummmm shit

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
So if the Blues were to draft Hughes, could he play year 1? I dont know much about him to be honest. Our luck he is ala Erik Johnson and we get screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad