Pre-Game Talk: Blues V Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Haven't watched the game yet, but Kerber made it sound like Parayko was trying to channel his best Bobby Orr impression. Is that any where close to true?

Reactions: Bendak

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Haven't watched the game yet, but Kerber made it sound like Parayko was trying to channel his best Bobby Orr impression. Is that any where close to true?

Parayko had a decent game, looked like he was taking charge of the ice, even if he never truly took it over. Perron had a great game possession-wise. Thomas was a lot more visible. He saw PP time, but was mostly used to make the pass as they entered the zone. I think my opinion is an outlier as far as the game as a whole. It was an obviously different system, and i think a lot of the players were too busy thinking instead of playing. They were obviously more worked up, getting into a lot of scrums after the whistle. A lot of people here whine about the players not being "engaged." It's a real phenomena through-out competition. If we need to play mean to be "engaged" every night, im ok with that. Honestly, i dont think any of our rivals really hate us. Maybe that needs to change.

The WTF moments will work themselves out. Tomorrow night will telling. Beat the Preds, and im full on the train.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So basically you think they're last year's Avalanche? Avs didn't get sparked until Duchene got traded
The Avalanche were 8-5-0 when Duchene got traded. [He got traded during the Islanders game, so I don't count that in the record.] They went 35-24-9 after that. That's 101 point pace before, 95 point pace after. If you want to make the argument that the Duchene trade sparked the Avs, you're arguing that over a month later with the team at 14-14-2 that it finally clicked ... but even then, that 29-16-7 finish was only slightly better pace than their 8-5-0 start.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Should we just use this for tonight's GDT since last time it was actually Blues @ Preds and this time it's actually Blues v Preds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad