Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Draisaitl is a great player, but he's paid like a PPG player and he's only been a PPG player with McDavid. It's a giant risk to blow an enormous hole in our top4 and take on 3mil in cap for guy who could end up being a 60ish point player away from McDavid. Especially given there aren't any internal options to replace Parayko.

Reactions: Blueston

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
We need another sniper or two every bit as much as we need a center (unless it is a shooting center). We have only 1-2 guys who can snipe the top corners with regularity.

In the last game against the Preds, and the previous game against the Jets, even though Jake left an opening on a few of the goals, the shooters still had to hit the opening (which was top corner). Our players miss those chances altogether or shoot it into the goalies' body.

We also need some shooters who will release the puck quickly on a cross-ice pass, before the goalie is set. This aspect might be a coaching issue, not sure, and/or a lack of creative set plays.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Blues need more talent in the top 6 period. Hopefully Fabbri can help with that. But, preferably a center to play with Tarasenko and a top 6 RW. Armstrong’s gonna have to get aggressive this offseason.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The Blues need more talent in the top 6 period. Hopefully Fabbri can help with that. But, preferably a center to play with Tarasenko and a top 6 RW. Armstrong’s gonna have to get aggressive this offseason.

Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou. We'll see how they develop.

Reactions: Weiss1604

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou. We'll see how they develop.

I’m personally not comfortable relying on both Thomas and Kyrou to play in the top 6 next year. Perhaps if one of them works themselves into it eventually but I would be surprised if they put them both into that role off the bat. It sounds like Armstrong was involved in Hoffman discussions until the 11th hour at the TDL, I think he’s going to get at least one proven top 6 C/W at the draft.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Personally I'd like to see Kyrou on a line with Schenn & Schwartz , think he'd mesh perfectly there & hit the ground running . Love to see Thomas if he sticks start by centering 3rd line with Steen on it to his left . The teams making new waves this year all have a big input from their youth & our prospects need to be given the chance to do so to , Kostin to start on 4th line with sosh + right shot centre ( Riley Nash is my choice or or-sign Brodziak for another year or two). Not sure where I'd place Thompson , Fabbri if fit with Tank + Stasny/Tavares (the dream) . Need to see if these kids have it ala Leafs/Jets/Bruins.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
We really need a few more puck hounds. One of the things we miss the most about Fabbri is how good he was in the corners and digging the puck off the boards for possession. Nobody we added has or can fill the gap we miss there.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Would anyone be in favor of trading for Ryan O'Reilly if Tavares isn't an option? Would he cost too much? Who would truly be available for trade at center if the Blues were willing to do that? Some teams might be looking for a shake up as well, but I would think the Blues would want someone in the current core's age range or younger. I mean, the Blues can't really keep trading picks unless they can acquire quantity for Sobotka, Berglund, etc.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would anyone be in favor of trading for Ryan O'Reilly if Tavares isn't an option? Would he cost too much? Who would truly be available for trade at center if the Blues were willing to do that? Some teams might be looking for a shake up as well, but I would think the Blues would want someone in the current core's age range or younger. I mean, the Blues can't really keep trading picks unless they can acquire quantity for Sobotka, Berglund, etc.

We should look at all options. ROR would be another Stastny in a sense, which isn't a bad thing. All depends on acquisition cost.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
1. Suck horribly
2. Cheer for teams below us in the standings
3. Retain 2018 1st
4. Laugh while Flyers fans cry
5. Dangle both 2018 1st's in front of Dorian for Mark Stone while Flyer fans look on in horror as "their pick" is traded a 2nd time right in front of them.
6. Read Blues hate mail the rest of the off season and sustain yourself on opposing fans tears.

Last edited:
Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
1. Suck horribly
2. Cheer for teams below us in the standings
3. Retain 2018 1st
4. Laugh while Flyers fans cry
5. Dangle both 2018 1st's in front of Dorian for Mark Stone while Flyer fans look on in horror as "their pick" is traded a 2nd time right in front of them.
6. Read Blues hate mail the rest of the off season and sustain yourself on opposing fans tears.

Could you imagine if that went down...AND the Blues lured Tavares.
Flyers could go from potentially having the #11 pick in '18 to the #30 pick in '19. Big, big difference.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Oh, I intentionally didn’t say pick #31. Blues would choke away a championship even with an NHL All-Star team.
jim-cry-happy.gif

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I honestly don't know if I should root for a top 10 pick this year or root for a #11 or better, because I'm not confident that this team will perform better next year without massive changes this offseason. I'd hate to be without a #1 pick next year, especially if we land in the bottom 10.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I honestly don't know if I should root for a top 10 pick this year or root for a #11 or better, because I'm not confident that this team will perform better next year without massive changes this offseason. I'd hate to be without a #1 pick next year, especially if we land in the bottom 10.

We should reasonably assume that Army will make some rather significant changes this summer.

If we don't recover, there is no way Yeo remains in charge.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Ok i've already suggested the Parayko for Draisaitl previously. So lets take another brash approach, one that i will get absolutely flamed for. But just to explore the returns we could get:

Tarasenko

for

Toffoli, Vilardi, and 1st

Or

Tarasenko

for

Barzal and Bellows

Value-wise? What do people think?

Reactions: The Note in Ky

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't think trading Tarasenko is a good idea in any sense. He's having a down year but he's a proven performer especially in the playoffs.

Not to mention he still has the most goals on the team this year even with having a down year.

Last edited:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Tarasenko's game will improve when the team make up improves. He's one of only a few scorers we have. Seeing as how we have trouble in that department, parting with him seems like a really bad idea.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't think trading Tarasenko is a good idea in any sense. He's having a down year but he's a proven performer especially in the playoffs.

Not to mention he still has the most goals on the team this year even with having a down year.

The only way we should move Tarasenko is if someone gives us an offer that we’d be stupid to turn down.

It would never happen, but say Benning loses his mind and offers Horvat+Boeser. I think that’s something you should consider.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Oh, I intentionally didn’t say pick #31. Blues would choke away a championship even with an NHL All-Star team.

Well duh. Everyone knows you need size and grit to be successful. The only reason we haven't won are because we haven't put out a team of BJ Combeens and Brad Winchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad